Beyoncé has only one song pulling +500k streams on Spotify (and its on TTH), why?

BadMonster96

5 minutes ago, TanjiroKamado said:

Despite what the media (which is on her payroll) will tell you, Beyonce is not the superstar they want you to think she is. Her streaming stats and sales have always been average compared to the likes of Taylor, Gaga, Adele or Rihanna

Agreed but she has the longevity.  Also her performance and touring stats are on Taylor's level, the TV ratings shoot very high when she is performing. And with a reason. I don't listen to her music that often lately but I love to see her perform more than anybody else. 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dreajae

• Lose My Breath

• Rican

• PrudenceHCharmed

Top Posters In This Topic

Horrible recurrent streaming numbers. Her discography aged worse than milk, wbk. 

Edited by Steve Johnson

Yeah her numbers are trash but she doesn't do herself any favors.

What makes her a legend are her performances. She hasn't performed any new material. 

I think the upcoming tour will have the biggest impact on her streaming power. Her discography is guaranteed to get a boost.

Are u serious? Even Britney has more I think :deadbanana2:

And she hasn't released a new album since 2016 

Edited by Henry Torres

16 minutes ago, industry baby said:

Break My Soul getting 400k :rip: Her fans were swearing for their life to convince people it was a hit :deadbanana2:

Doing HMH numbers but with 3x bigger (or more) playlist reach and radio :deadbanana2:

6 minutes ago, yellowflame said:

Didn’t she submit her music to the Grammys tho :rip:

Right.. the hypocrisy :toofunny3:

17 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

How will she ever recover making $35 million dollars a performance while Gaga begs white ppl for a metal trophy.

im sure gaga is crying herself to sleep while having a net worth of $300m. 

ot: i was told being viral on tiktok will translate to streaming hit. what happened? 

Why the bey fans hype so mych performing for an hotel inauguration?.

35m or not, and even counting about taking money from a such problematic elite of people, I don't think is something so cool to tell your popstar makes hotel, cruise navy inaugurations or wedding events :ducky:.

It doesn't matter how many money you get it's just something cheap on my ears. 

Edited by vale9001

Imagine currently being top 50 (#13 for women) for daily global streams on ONE platform in your "flop" streaming era. Imagine still being top 10 of all time for women on that one platfrom and the same stans constantly fixating on particular songs doing x amount of streams and TTH.

Beyonce's catalog doesn't operate the same as other faves. She doesn't get a boost in the same way as other girls. She just hit career peak of monthly listeners and has songs in her catalog that stream well over a longer period of time. It's literally not rocket science. 

Edited by Dreajae

beyonce public image is like somewhat an "inaccessible goddess" 

that makes her hype always high but at the same time makes some people just forget about her songs in a daily basis since she's inaccessible and doesn't feed her audience with nothing for months despite when she releases something. that's pretty much it. 

her streams are indeed not good but she hasnt really done much in the streaming era to improve her performance

its funny how most of the OBHs and OTHs come from the same fanbase they are probably allergic to good music

Ask the GP about Beyonce songs that they know, and they only know to the left to the left and put a ring on it. She's more of a performance artist. 

Only 7 songs with 200k streams is actually shocking but she's a veteran act now so comparing her to acts that haven't hit that status yet is kinda pointless

0ED09D18-8FFD-42D2-A745-582EB0619687.thu

15 minutes ago, RiseAndShine said:

Yeah her numbers are trash but she doesn't do herself any favors.

What makes her a legend are her performances. She hasn't performed any new material. 

I think the upcoming tour will have the biggest impact on her streaming power. Her discography is guaranteed to get a boost.

Beyoncé is not viewed as, considered as or classified as a Living Legend in the year 2023.

18 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

Spotify streams have an inflated currency in CSPC. Also Beyonce debuted in 1998, Gaga  in 2008 and Bey still has more overall streams (even though that she is getting currently outstreamed) despite Gaga having Tiktok trends, Bradly Cooper, Ariana Grande and peaking in 2010 and also having a successful hit and album in streaming era. While all Bey's former album sold primarily pure copies.

:zzz:

Tidal pays the most per stream at $0.013, followed by Apple Music at $0.01 per stream. Spotify, on the other hand, pays out $0.0033 per stream — dramatically lower than both Apple Music and Tidal, as well as Amazon Music, YouTube Music, and Deezer. The only company that pays lower rates than Spotify is Pandora.Nov 1, 2022

I did the math and it takes 10B streams to reach that amount. Beyoncé earned that in 1 hr. Poor Beyoncé and her forgotten discographies!!!!! 

Also, DrIL is increasing in streams, (300K streams plus remix) so the hypes does translate to streams. Slowly but surely; mind you, this is Beyoncé first performance in years.

1 minute ago, bad guy said:

Only 7 songs with 200k streams is actually shocking but she's a veteran act now so comparing her to acts that haven't hit that status yet is kinda pointless

0ED09D18-8FFD-42D2-A745-582EB0619687.thu

This is pretty accurate, tbh

For instance, Crazy In Love is 20 years old, Single Ladies is like 15 years old, and Drunk In Love is 10 years old. 

2 minutes ago, Rican said:

Beyoncé is not viewed as, considered as or classified as a Living Legend in the year 2023.

She's currently going viral because of vocals. That is enough to make her a legend and people see her tier above the current MPG. 

Your fav is still viewed as that weird fashion clown from 2010s and never as a vocalist.

3 minutes ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

She's currently going viral because of vocals. That is enough to make her a legend and people see her tier above the current MPG. 

Your fav is still viewed as that weird fashion clown from 2010s and never as a vocalist.

Says by a :bird:

People love Beyoncé, but people don't listen to Beyoncé. 

Why do yall recycle these same threads, this has been discussed countless times in the past months:spin:

16 minutes ago, Dreajae said:

Imagine currently being top 50 (#13 for women) for daily global streams on ONE platform in your "flop" streaming era. Imagine still being top 10 of all time for women on that one platfrom and the same stans constantly fixating on particular songs doing x amount of streams and TTH.

Beyonce's catalog doesn't operate the same as other faves. She doesn't get a boost in the same way as other girls. She just hit career peak of monthly listeners and has songs in her catalog that stream well over a longer period of time. It's literally not rocket science. 

Top 50 is embarrassingly low for an act who just released an album:ahh:

---

Also BMS already getting less than 500k streams just proofs that it was never a hit and just payola. Is HMH already outstreaming it?:-*

1 hour ago, perfillusion said:

Her streams have always been a disaster 

What does that make Gaga's since Beyonce still has more overall:skull:

The Andrea Riseborough of music. Celebrity hype generated her career but that’s it.

1 hour ago, KillingYourCareer said:

The biggest shocker is Break My Soul in the 400k region. Wasn't it charting in the global 200 on New Year's?

Yeah, but it's stabilized around 500k since then. New Years was just a one day boost

Monday was more lower than usual

1 hour ago, KillingYourCareer said:

The biggest shocker is Break My Soul in the 400k region. Wasn't it charting in the global 200 on New Year's?

Spotify 24/01:

Hold My Hand +473,627 (#49 peak, 10 weeks, not platinum)

Break My Soul +473,607 (multi week #1, artist viral rn)
Harleys in Haiwaii - +410k~ (didn’t chart()

No one from this forum is gonna tell me that telling me that kind of unapologetic female dance banger music isn’t 9 out of 10 times a frontloaded tank

ot:

she’s a good performer with an acclaimed discography but her music lost a lot of momentum. Her albums do seem ri have success at the time, renaissance is a decent sized era for her age. 

Edited by Mr. Stratus

Have we not established that she did her discography no favours during the streaming era and is slowly having to rebuild her relationship with Spotify. Her hits have very little playlisting in comparison to Taylor, Gaga, Rihanna and Katy Perry + the fact that her biggest hits are much older than theirs too. 

Also CIL and Halo literally did above 500k a few days ago so you really had time bc you were clearly anticipating on this to make a lil ATRL thread. :rip: