my boyfriend ignores me in front of his friends

MoonGoodandHappy

Tell him, au revoir chéri.. u seem to be building a submissive personality for him without realizing it and it will cost u a lot.. not talking to u in front of his friends even as a normal friend and not necessarily as a boyfriend literally means he considers them better than u, so let 'em help him with his depression..

Edited by A.R.L

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MoonGoodandHappy

• Archetype

• Julianna Calm Down

• Henry Torres

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Archetype said:

He is both manipulating you and depressed.  What he needs is professional help from a therapist and medication, not a boyfriend.  He’s treating you like **** on purpose and you need to acknowledge this.  If he shows no desire and takes no major actions to get better, then there is absolutely no hope for your relationship.  He will stay depressed and continue to use that as a way to manipulate and control you.  He knows he is making you feel horrible and he continues to do it on purpose because he can tell you are too… inexperienced, we’ll call it that, to see through his BS.  Leave him and take care of yourself.  If his ends his life one day, it won’t be because of you, his problems are far beyond you and there is nothing you can do to change him.  You’ve already done more than you should have IMO.  Leave him, no contact, block all of his numbers, block his emails, block him on socials, make all of your social accounts private, don’t let him in your house and pretend you’re not home if he shows up, etc.  Do everything in your power to make it so he cannot contact you because he will do anything to try and weasel his way back into your life.  He might be insane and you’ll want to tell your friends and family about his problems if possible and to watch out for him if he tries to contact anyone.  You deserve someone who is going to be there for you and loves you, not someone who uses you as an emotional punching bag and for sex but then ghosts you and ignores you in front of their friends.  Not acceptable.

Thank you, i had so much hope but yes i think you're right... I'm so tired to be honest, i feel completly destroyed... Thank you again, i will try to take care of myself. :heart2:

Is he out with his friends? If he's closeted you could forgive him, but if that's not the case he just treated you horribly and I hope you can leave him.

1 hour ago, Bloodflowers. said:

He is cheating on you with one of his gay friends in that group

I thought the same, tbh.

Think about it, he could treat you as another friend of his in front of his friends even if he's not out yet but he just ignored you instead.

Dump him, make sure you're the one doing it first. Don't even ask why he ignored you because whatever, it happened and it's gonna be excuses anyway so save yourself some time.

Also, you have no responsibility to whatever happens to him afterward because you're not his mom.

But if you think you're one of those "i can fix him" girlies then idk :gaycat7:

Dump him and stream RED (Taylor's Version)

How do so many people fall for the “I have xyz mental illness so excuse my horrible behaviour” bs? In my life, I’ve never expected people to make unreasonable accommodations. If you know what your weaknesses are, it’s your individual responsibility to compensate. If he’s not nurturing his relationships, the solution isn’t turning a blind eye. Let him isolate himself & be miserable & his only option left will be to do something about it. In less words, ditch him & make it clear it’s a direct result of how uncaring he’s been towards you. If he can’t cope with the consequences of his own actions, that’s only on him! You can’t protect him from reality. If he doesn’t want to change, his life will suck & it’s better he realizes this sooner vs later

59 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

Dig your keys into the side of his car

Carve your name into his seat

Slash a hole in all four tires

Smash both headlights

And f*ck his brother

what part of the song is that?

I always dump emotionally confused guys like that. It's just too much emotional burden, you know? Yet, I always attract them and then we have no time for other fun things to do. Can they like not? Match me at my level. I have better things to focus on.

You have problems of your own to figure out before committing to a relationship, I fear.

aw babe... you're being played HARD I fear. hope you dump him <3

Find someone else. Or better yet be single and figure what your dating goals are and what you want out of a partner instead of wishing the next guy you meet for a date to be the guy

I assume you're young so you need more experience on this but he's not worth the stress and he seems to be very manipulative since he keeps bringing up his depression. My advise is run away from that toxic relationship because you won't get anything good out of it.

2 hours ago, Richmond said:

Why do y’all make these threads knowing damn well what the answer from any sane individual would be 

LEAVE

:redface:

Leave him. If he's telling you he's going to kill himself if you dump him then that's emotional abuse. He's being a jerk if he's purposely ignoring you for long spans of time.

He's probably the source of all your stomach problems. :skull:

16 minutes ago, Attitude said:

Leave him. If he's telling you he's going to kill himself if you dump him then that's emotional abuse. He's being a jerk if he's purposely ignoring you for long spans of time.

He's probably the source of all your stomach problems. :skull:

Yes... We had to meet at 7pm but he was not here and i just saw he blocked me again. It's so painful. Thank you for your message. :heart2:

3 hours ago, MoonGoodandHappy said:

Yes... We had to meet at 7pm but he was not here and i just saw he blocked me again. It's so painful. Thank you for your message. :heart2:

girl :deadbanana4:

dump him asap! it WILL hurt, but that's part of the process. you'll also feel much better after the pain goes away and better than ever while you were with him. the more you postpone this, the more you will hate yourself after. it's not worth it, trust me. you can't help him and it's not your job to do so if he isn't doing his part as well. he isn't worth it and he doesn't deserve you. as other members have said, he is manipulating you and after you do some self reflection you will realize he didn't really love you and all the red flags will surface. wishing you the best (and again, DUMP his ass). :heart:

I feel like you’re either VERY young or trolling because I can’t imagine any other scenario in which anyone would put up with all that. Dump him. 

8 hours ago, MoonGoodandHappy said:

Hi. You seem really young so I'm just going to be blunt here. He is cheating on you and/or may not even consider you to be his boyfriend.

Someone who ghosts you for over 24 hours much less a whole week is not your boyfriend. Someone who randomly blocks you is not your boyfriend. Don't allow yourself to be disrespected that way.

His mental health problems are not your responsibility. I understand that it's scary when someone you care about threatens suicide or self harm but the best thing you can do for both of you is remove yourself from the situation. He will either get help or he won't, it has nothing to do with you.

every guy i've ever dated has done that! honestly just males for you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.