Pope Francis: “Being homosexual is not a crime”

genetic fail

2 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Conveniently forgetting the second half where Uganda, a Christian majority nation, had a “kill the gays” bill helped funded by American Christian extremists, but good luck with your earlier statement :snowman:

So you not gonna comment on every muslim coutry  having laws that punish homosexual acts? :gaycat2:

• Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raptus

• Raphy23

• Redstreak

• Hot Volcano

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, kind sir, but I already have my ticket to Hell booked

KYtBoeg.gif

Imagine the world  without christians, muslims and other religious freeks :heart:

The World If | Know Your Meme

10 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Conveniently forgetting the second half where Uganda, a Christian majority nation, had a “kill the gays” bill helped funded by American Christian extremists, but good luck with your earlier statement :snowman:

This. :rip:

Not people here not understanding how this Is important :redface:

Yeah being Gays Is still a sin like for the same religion is a sin being divorced or making love before you get married.

This doesn't mean divorced people or people not Virgin before marriage are seen as evil for a religion where the atonement of the sins Is crucial.

This Is a big news and an important position: this means gays are way more accepted in the a religious community and they can be part of It. As consequence he also said laws should change. 

It's really really different from a position where homosexuals were the symbol of the decline of a society and of the anticristh.

Now they can be really christians, they should be accepted and protected by the society.

Just because you are divorced doesn't mean you're not a christian, Just because you're divorced doesn't mean church thinks society should treat  you as an social outcast.

Now the same for homosexuals. Really a big ethical and religious change. 

Edited by vale9001

14 minutes ago, Raptus said:

I live in Poland :rip: It's 1000 times better than any muslim country :gaycat2:

Yea you can still be openly gay in Poland. Unlike most Muslim countries 

5 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

Yea you can still be openly gay in Poland. Unlike most Muslim countries 

Gee I wonder if there are any sociopolitical differences between places like Afghanistan and Poland 

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Raptus said:

I hate christians (and religion), but at least they don't kill homosexuals like followers of the "religion of peace"  :coffee2:

This patently isn’t true. :rip: 

16 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Gee I wonder if there are any sociopolitical differences between places like Afghanistan and Poland 

The social political essence in basically every country in the world has its roots in the religious forms of it. MModern Western society is based in the enlighments beliefs who inspired the revolutions of the 1700s (and christian beliefs are a huge basis of that). So it's not like the sociapolitical differences has nothing to do with religions too. Different religions have a huge part in the way different parts of the world have evolved. 

As a human being, there’s a part of us that seek to be in touch with something that we don’t understand, especially when life gets rough because we want hope and we want to believe there’s something out there that can provide us with it. And the fact is, you don’t need to be part of any cult, Muslim or religion to feel in touch with a higher power/god or the ultimate homosexual creator. 
How many of you have tried to bargain with these so called GODs  when your life has gone side way ? 

I’m very spiritual in a way, but I make up whatever rule I need to follow. Therefore, I have created my own heaven where these Christians won’t be able to come for me after I’m dead - I will walk through that gate with Alien Superstar playing in the background. 

Edited by Kh-Loud

8 minutes ago, Kh-Loud said:

How many of you have tried to bargain with these so called GODs  when your life has gone side way ? 

Not me, I'm not crazy.

1 hour ago, Pop said:

Can he say it's not a sin, though?

Can he comment on how The Bible was wrongly translated and the word homosexual was added to the Bible in 1946?

Can he apologize for all the wrongful deaths, beatings and discrimination caused by The Church and the mistranslated Bible?

I'll wait. 

What kind of a Christian sect are you following :skull: or someone lied to you several times.

Catholicism was founded on the New Testament and there you cant find anything regarding the gays. The only thing Jesus said was that a marriage is between and man and a woman, thats it. With the New testament all the laws of the Old testament are no longer valid. For example, in the Old testament other then saying being gay is a sin, it also says a woman should be stoned if she cheats on her husband. Do you see Christians doing that to their wives? 

You guys love to bash Christianity when in reality 90% of you are ignorant and arent familiar to the basics of the religion :rip:

its a step in the right direction ig

15 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

The social political essence in basically every country in the world has its roots in the religious forms of it. MModern Western society is based in the enlighments beliefs who inspired the revolutions of the 1700s (and christian beliefs are a huge basis of that). So it's not like the sociapolitical differences has nothing to do with religions too. Different religions have a huge part in the way different parts of the world have evolved. 

Yeah the reason the Middle East has been ravaged by fundamentalism totally doesn’t have anything to do with the exploitation of its oil resources for decades. The US definitely didn’t back an extremist coup in places like Iran that had any sort of destabilizing effect

1 hour ago, Outlaws said:

Not a crime, just a sin. Aw :sistrens:

Jdjsjej mte. I won't get punished in this life, just in the afterlife how thoughtful :heart:

1 minute ago, Hot Volcano said:

What kind of a Christian sect are you following :skull: or someone lied to you several times.

Catholicism was founded on the New Testament and there you cant find anything regarding the gays. The only thing Jesus said was that a marriage is between and man and a woman, thats it. With the New testament all the laws of the Old testament are no longer valid. For example, in the Old testament other then saying being gay is a sin, it also says a woman should be stoned if she cheats on her husband. Do you see Christians doing that to their wives? 

You guys love to bash Christianity when in reality 90% of you are ignorant and arent familiar to the basics of the religion :rip:

I live in a city where there are literally several churches on the same street of multiple areas, I’ve literally known anything but fundie Christian bigots, the religion deserves bashing like any religion 💀 I mean literally the Texas AG was discussing recently how he could see himself arguing for anti-sodomy laws to come back

18 minutes ago, Raptus said:

Not me, I'm not crazy.

Well, you don’t have to be rude, love! 

Edited by Kh-Loud

1 hour ago, Raphy23 said:

Yea Catholics believe homosexuals should be sexually abstinent for life. This is nothing new 

This one I don't really get about them. I have really close catholic friends who know my sexual orientation.

They always say "It's okay to be gay, just don't do "the act"".

I won't be surprised that some of them are also attracted to the same sex but they just suppressed themselves and as a result the become homophobic. All for the sake of religion. I even know someone who I found in grindr but he's sharing Bible and Opus Dei quotes on social media. I guess he's not also doing "the act".

Abstinence are always the reason of these gays who go to church. They think that they're still morally superior than regular gays.

Edited by dussel_06

All these religious people thinking they are woke, but what they mean is that homosexuals won't burn in hell if they live in celibacy :penguin:

14 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

I live in a city where there are literally several churches on the same street of multiple areas, I’ve literally known anything but fundie Christian bigots, the religion deserves bashing like any religion 💀 I mean literally the Texas AG was discussing recently how he could see himself arguing for anti-sodomy laws to come back

So the PEOPLE themselves, not the religion.

The New testament doesn't mention the gays in any negative light :coffee2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.