Is Renaissance one of the worst eras in recent years?

rcksluke

6 hours ago, Bicassie said:

I blame it all on that damn foot :deadbanana2:

Her injury must have thrown everything off

What happened to her foot?

She was limping on her private show a few days ago.

Is this an old injury that didn't heal properly? Couldn't this be a problem if she tours considering she always has so much choreo? :dancehall:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rcksluke

• Lose My Breath

• Maxxie

• whtvrdude

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it’s more that there has been SO much teasing that there is more to come and it just… hasn’t :priceless:

3 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

I don't understand this mentality at all. Can any artist's fans not live their lives unless their fave goes all out with videos, interviews, tour etc? If one of my faves releases music I'll be excited sure but that's where it ends. This kind of 'you owe us everything so you have to give us everything' mindset screams no-life-having, loser energy. As if the music all by itself isn't 99.9% responsible for turning someone into a fan of an artist. Even I, a part-time OBH, understand that she wanted to make a bold statement and I applaud her that she managed to do that, successfully nonetheless.

It's all of the teasing that happened in the beginning.  We got the "teasers" for I'm That Girl and Pure/Honey like 25 weeks ago, and just nothing... She labels this as ACT I with both the B7 and B8 games on her website, and still no indication of anything else in the span of 7 months.  The only thing we got was grainy footage from a private concert, and less than a week later we hear she isn't performing at the GRAMMYs...

Do I think she owes us anything?  Nah.  But all of the teasing upfront and then they just seemingly lose interest in the album.  It's a bit much

Edited by Lose My Breath

48 minutes ago, ASC said:

She is proving that she can sell without promo, visuals and only on her brand, legacy and name.

At first I was pressed to the GAWDS but this is it 100%. She’s proving a (dumb) point. Y’all bashed her for releasing videos all at once (ST) and for releasing a movie (Lem) and for relying on glossy videos in general to sell her work (Bday, 4) 

This is her way of saying she don’t need all that 

30 minutes ago, starsailor said:

But there are visuals, right? Isn’t they for a movie or something like that? Probably the movie will be the act II.

And how an era with a #1 single and album, with amazing songs one after the other on the album can be the worst? I wish I could be this sad with my fave lol

Yea she reached her goal of success so the wait is agonizing for us but for her it’s hilarious :skull:

Not trying to criticize because everyone else will do it for me BUT: Beyoncé if you’re reading this, next era can we just go back to normal? Please. You proved all your points Mama these last few albums I got your points bby.

Just give us classic Beyoncé next album. 

I can’t believe I have to plead with her 

:rip:

4 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

It's all of the teasing that happened in the beginning.  We got the "teasers" for I'm That Girl and Pure/Honey like 25 weeks ago, and just nothing... She labels this as ACT I with both the B7 and B8 games on her website, and still no indication of anything else in the span of 7 months.  The only thing we got was grainy footage from a private concert, and less than a week later we hear she isn't performing at the GRAMMYs...

And...? Is your life ruined bc Beyonce doesn't give a ****?

She paid dust to her fans, like "you already got enough visuals, stop bother me"

Renaissance is the best album of 2022 and her personal best

The era itself…rotted

I still listen to songs on Rennie at least once a week, but now it’s always tinged with a sense of sadness thinking about what could have been 

10 hours ago, BGKC said:

The “era” in a nutshell 

spacer.png

not Shein by Sheree :deadbanana:

The teasing is what made it worse, why tease something that you won't ever release, this only creates false hope to your fans who've been craving for visuals and a proper era.

1 hour ago, UnusualBoy said:

The teasing is what made it worse, why tease something that you won't ever release, this only creates false hope to your fans who've been craving for visuals and a proper era.

This

remember when her manager or whatever said that this would be the best album rollout of all time?

17 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

remember when her manager or whatever said that this would be the best album rollout of all time?

Her fans got the most boring era of recent times instead :redface:

Edited by Rhiannon

7 hours ago, Heartbreak Prince said:

She’s so lazy, it’s hilarious. :toofunny2:

I would feel bad for her stans but they told us this would be the comeback of the century but all this era has given is her performing in a country with hardly any human rights, conformation that she hates her fans, and released an album that sounds like something a drag queen who came 7th in Drag Race would release, so a bit of egg on their face is perfect I think!

What comeback? :toofunny2:

Beyoncé's last album was a #1, multi-platinum selling WW smash album that spent like 18 weeks in the Top 10.

She's not coming back from anything (or at all atp :deadbanana2:)

16 hours ago, Lose My Breath said:

The I’m That Girl teaser came out 25 weeks ago 

A nightmare :gaycat6:

It’s kinda cool throwback to the 70s- no music videos just the music . This is how Donna Summer would’ve put out an album 

not having an era makes the album more special/niche  and fits the underground gay club feel.

reni may be a streaming monster and a hidden gem appreciated more with time ala ANTI in a few years. Has lots of replay value 

Edited by Nippy'sReceipts

23 hours ago, Archetype said:

Yes, she somehow manages to lower the bar even further with each release.  Eventually she’s just going to randomly drop albums every 6 years with zero announcement and no visuals.  No interviews, nothing.  

She’s already doing that now :rip:

19 hours ago, ASC said:

She is proving that she can sell without promo, visuals and only on her brand, legacy and name.

That's great and all for *her*, but horrible if you are a fan who expects more.  The "everything is a surprise drop" strategy is horrible and it's amplified by a complete lack of communication or news from her.  It's not exciting anymore, it's tiring and people have and will continue to move on.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.