Taylor OUT OUT of Oscars, what happened?

Rv1709

She isn't good enough. Maybe for the Grammys, the VMAS, or the white girls in Connecticut. 

200.webp

1 hour ago, Bang Up said:

Yes, and they pushed it lmao. 

--

It's simple. White mediocrity does not work with the Oscars. You could bribe and corrupt the Grammys committees, but you can't the Academy. Take way Taylor's ability to bribe and she gets nothing.

This is directly contrary to the previous narrative of #OscarsSoWhite, but whatever dovetails with your delusional narrative, I guess.

Well for 1 it's boring af

She pushed the wrong work lol

1 hour ago, Frogger17 said:

This is directly contrary to the previous narrative of #OscarsSoWhite, but whatever dovetails with your delusional narrative, I guess.

2 hours ago, 45seconds said:

White mediocrity not working for the Oscars is absolutely hilarious. I laughed for like 20 minute straight. Weinstein essentially bought Gweneth’s Oscar. I mean there have been thorough mini documentaries on it. You can’t be this clueless.

2 hours ago, justinxx said:

i’m sorry… but what? this has long been the essence of the oscars lol

2 hours ago, JasonGosling said:

Why does everything have to do with race? Also, it's laughable to say that "White mediocrity does not work with the Oscars" while the award has been much criticised in the recent years for being too white. 

TS's song was never a contender for the Best Original Song this year by critics. It's quite predictable from the beginning that it might not make it. Btw, for that category, RRR is going to win again (as it did at the Globes and Critics' Choice)

The Academy Awards never rewarded white mediocrity. They simply continued to reward only white people who had done exceptional work.

#OscarsSoWhite referred to the Academy only nominating white people. 

Carolina is miles better than hold my hand but campaigning is crucial.

And top gun was too big to not nominate the song

FnRLNWFXgAAniVF?format=jpg&name=medium

^^that :rip:

she needs to build up her image wtih hollywood/academy

Do we need a thread about this from every OTH in this forum?  I guess you don't have many wins so you've to celebrate what you get. :clap3:

6 hours ago, Frogger17 said:

Did they even submit it?

What?

LMAO.

:rip:

5 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

What?

LMAO.

:rip:

It's not difficult. I was asking did they submit it, since songs must be submitted for nomination consideration. 12k comments and no reading comprehension. :huh:

Has Taylor ever acknowledged this song outside of one tweet? :rip: 

This song wasn't sent to radio, didn't have a music video, wasn't playlisted, was never performed or mentioned publicly by Taylor excluding a single tweet. The way Monsters are getting their life over this shouldn't be surprising however considering their fave has been musically completely irrelevant for an entire decade outside of soundtracks :deadbanana2:

Edited by The Music Industry

Music Awards (Grammys, American Music Awards, People's Choice, Billboard) care a lot about popularity. A popular artist with a big record: lots of noms and wins, that same artist with a more experimental, less succesful record: few noms and zero wins.

The Oscars are the opposite. The bigger the movie, the more they try to snub it. In short, Academy Awards don't care about popularity, that's why it's hard for Taylor to score noms.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.