Taylor OUT OUT of Oscars, what happened?

Rv1709

Beautiful gowns, great gowns.

FpQ8.gif

2 minutes ago, Rv1709 said:

Why was Carolina ignored?

It's like asking why Beautiful Ghosts was ignored. The movie wasn't good, so the song isn't going to do well, and the studio certainly isn't going to campaign for it to be nominated. Did they even submit it?

2 minutes ago, Frogger17 said:

It's like asking why Beautiful Ghosts was ignored. The movie wasn't good, so the song isn't going to do well, and the studio certainly isn't going to campaign for it to be nominated. Did they even submit it?

Yes, and they pushed it lmao. 

--

It's simple. White mediocrity does not work with the Oscars. You could bribe and corrupt the Grammys committees, but you can't the Academy. Take way Taylor's ability to bribe and she gets nothing.

The song itself was found wanting. Pity Safe & Sound wasn’t eligible, the most deserving of the nomination (and win) of all her soundtrack music. 

Not featured in a massive movie + overshadowed by an extremely successful music career which resulted in the song not being pushed outside of the context of the movie it was featured in.

On the other hand, Lift Me Up and Hold My Hand were both pushed as singles and marketed as comebacks to music. And while Gaga's song was outperformed by a way more successful song on the same soundtrack, that one wasnt eligible for a nomination so the road was paved for her!

It was a combination of luck and effort, so kudos to both of them :clap3:

24 minutes ago, Karla Cabello said:

why are your nipples so big

Not the first response :skull:

because it’s not good. simple as that. maybe if the superior trailer version was released then it would have been considered :clap3:

54 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

--

It's simple. White mediocrity does not work with the Oscars. You could bribe and corrupt the Grammys committees, but you can't the Academy. Take way Taylor's ability to bribe and she gets nothing.

White mediocrity not working for the Oscars is absolutely hilarious. I laughed for like 20 minute straight. Weinstein essentially bought Gweneth’s Oscar. I mean there have been thorough mini documentaries on it. You can’t be this clueless.

Edited by 45seconds

Why is this like the 10th thread about it :deadvision:

1 hour ago, Bang Up said:

--

i’m sorry… but what? this has long been the essence of the oscars lol

5 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

Why is this like the 10th thread about it :deadvision:

Do you really wonder?

1 hour ago, Karla Cabello said:

Karla Cabello

:dies:

OT: I’m sure you could’ve posed this same question in any of the other 15 threads about this today. :ahh: 

1 hour ago, Bang Up said:

--

Why does everything have to do with race? Also, it's laughable to say that "White mediocrity does not work with the Oscars" while the award has been much criticised in the recent years for being too white. 

TS's song was never a contender for the Best Original Song this year by critics. It's quite predictable from the beginning that it might not make it. Btw, for that category, RRR is going to win again (as it did at the Globes and Critics' Choice)

not the body shaming. very performative for a swiftie. 

ot: the check bounced, i guess. 

• ATRL Moderator
17 minutes ago, Valentine said:

The song is meh

But Today was a Fairytale, Safe and Sound, I don’t wanna live forever deserved. 

Not Today Was a Fairytale sis :deadbanana:

It's a bummer Carolina wasn't nominated. I think it's a really strong song tbh, but it made no noise when it came out and the movie flopped.  She couldn't campaigned a little more but she was focused on campaigning for ATW.

The song did not really do well compared  to the other 2 and taylor  gave 0 f*** to promote it!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.