Top Posters In This Topic

• Green

• anti-bitch

• vale9001

• Cockney Cupcake

Bey needs to perform and win AOTY, stop with the BS already :deadbanana4:

9 minutes ago, Jolin Tsai said:

Brandi Carlile :psyduck:she will be the winner

it's not a sign of anything, they don't have other choices when every other major star is boycotting them. 

5 minutes ago, Feanor said:

This is Brandi's 5th consecutive year as a performer… :rip:

From HITSDAILYDOUEBLE

"Will Grammy fill the gaps with nostalgia and performances by its favorite insider artists, who’ve spent years kissing babies on the Academy circuit? If we don’t see Dave Grohl it would be a surprise. Stay tuned".

This morning Brandi was mentioned too, now they deleted it :cupid:

Edited by vale9001

2 hours ago, Bey'Knight said:

But the Grammys were never into Abba even in their prime so why will they suddenly go gaga for them now over an album that didn’t move the needle. I think Harry’s more of a threat. He has that Adele/Bruno multigenerational appeal. 

A lot of older acts have been getting recognized lately so I could see this trend continuing; Brendan Fraser, Jamie Lee Curtis, Sheryl lee Ralph. I know it’s not music related but still I could see that happening here.

Abba were nominated last year too, it's just a way to have some classic there in the list, of course they're not gonna win anything, at least top categories, i don't remembers about other nominees. 

21 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

Bey needs to perform and win AOTY, stop with the BS already :deadbanana4:

They are not giving AOTY to an album with 300 credits. Imagine 100+ people on stage for AOTY, embarrassing.

Brandie Carlile deserves to win. 

9 hours ago, Archetype said:

Overworking?  WHO?  Which pop stars are overworking themselves?  Pop stars these days post four IG photos, drop the album, do a pre-recorded interview with Zane Lowe, pose for a photo shoot, and dip.  We’re lucky if we get more than one single and MV.  This all happens within a very small portion of the year.  Wtf are they doing the rest of the year if they’re not touring, not recording new music, not writing, and don’t even bother to show up to or perform at award shows?  Sitting at home having their teams sell makeup and shoes?  Performing and promoting your work is not “being a little slave to come dance on stage for your entertainment”.  They are performers, artists, and yet they fail to perform.  LAZY.  Stop making excuses for them.

:clap3:

HDD is historically pressed at the Grammys so I won’t be surprised if this article is being hyped up. They literally fume if the Grammys don’t mirror Billboard Year-End lists. Calling them corrupt for “snubbing” Encanto? They had a meltdown last year over Jon winning AOTY just because he’s not a mainstream artist. Not shocking when you remember HDD is run by label exec adjacents who only care about numbers.

I would be SHOCKED if Adele doesn’t attend. I think more likely is Adele hasn’t confirmed attendance and HDD is running to say she’s skipping it so they can **** on the Grammys. Same case with Bey. I see Kendrick for sure skipping, and probably Taylor too.

1 hour ago, kendoll2001 said:

So not even Harry is confirmed to perform  :skull: 

2 minutes ago, Green said:

So not even Harry is confirmed to perform  :skull: 

He probably is, they’re just saving him. He’s confirmed for BRITS which take place a week after Grammys and his literal best friend (Ben Winston) is the producer of the Grammys :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, Feanor said:

This is Brandi's 5th consecutive year as a performer… :rip:

She's coming for AOTY. :skull: 

She will have the americana, country and even some rock votes

Harry is sweeping :cupid:

i mean as it was literally one of the biggest pop smash ever and a really good pop song, so stans can be mad like they want but it just deserves it (is also a better than both easy on me and break my soul). For the album Kendrick or Bey deserves more. 

Edited by vale9001

38 minutes ago, Machete said:

HDD is historically pressed at the Grammys so I won’t be surprised if this article is being hyped up. They literally fume if the Grammys don’t mirror Billboard Year-End lists. Calling them corrupt for “snubbing” Encanto? They had a meltdown last year over Jon winning AOTY just because he’s not a mainstream artist. Not shocking when you remember HDD is run by label exec adjacents who only care about numbers.

I would be SHOCKED if Adele doesn’t attend. I think more likely is Adele hasn’t confirmed attendance and HDD is running to say she’s skipping it so they can **** on the Grammys. Same case with Bey. I see Kendrick for sure skipping, and probably Taylor too.

This. Just because they aren't performing it doesn't mean they won't attend

So the queerbaiter and the phone thrower will be performing but none of the pop girls :rip:

We won’t be watching this year :)

I'm so over this trend of pop girls giving us zero televised performances and hardly any public appearances :sadviolin:

Edited by RobDeWittBukater

16 hours ago, Hector said:

Polling biz folk, we’re hearing that Harry is deserving of AOTY. But the overwhelming politics of the Academy suggests they’re leaning a different way. It’s unfortunate that the game is rigged. Blame it on those Venezuelan voting machines.

These «biz folk» need to take a long hard look in the mirror :biblio:

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

Harry is sweeping :cupid:

i mean as it was literally one of the biggest pop smash ever and a really good pop song, so stans can be mad like they want but it just deserves it (is also a better than both easy on me and break my soul). For the album Kendrick or Bey deserves more. 

How can "As it was" be one of the best songs when he just sings that one line over and over? And that song's success is like 99% tiktok spamming based.

8 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

How can "As it was" be one of the best songs when he just sings that one line over and over? And that song's success is like 99% tiktok spamming based.

i didn't see is one of the best song ever, i said one of the biggest pop smash ever and also a great pop song. 

Also stop with this tik tok accusations, there is nothing wrong on being popular on tik tok or instagram or whatever you want. And it's not on tik tok tendenceis since 6 months and still gets 4M streams everyday. Stop being delusional, is just a total pop culture dominating song.  

8 hours ago, Bey Admired said:

Hmm, I can’t see Adele losing ROTY, SOTY, and AOTY. I think she’ll win at least ROTY. 

As for her not attending, I’m good with that. It’s her choice and I know her haters on ATRL and elsewhere have been salivating at the opportunity of seeing Adele losing AOTY and having a losers shot of her face. I’m glad she isn’t giving them that satisfaction :heart2:  No one, including Adele, expects 30 to win AOTY at this point. 

Renaissance truly truly deserves AOTY this year but I’ve got a feeling that Abba is going to take it which would be hilarious to me idk :deadbanana4: For one, Voyage is a mediocre album not even close to being AOTY, but also they’d be snubbing Beyoncé for literal white mediocrity. 

I wouldn’t hate it if Harry Styles won a few big awards and even AOTY, but let’s be clear it’s not because his work is in better than Renaissance in any shape or form. 

Keep an eye on Brandi Carlile. She's gonna win something and it could be big.

It's funny though how we have no idea who's winning the AOTY still. Full disclosure, I still hope for Adele. But it seems like 30 just isn't popular enough.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.