HDD: Harry, Bad Bunny, & Lizzo to perform; Beyonce could if she knows she wins

Hector

2 hours ago, Green said:

This. Just because they aren't performing it doesn't mean they won't attend

Mhh no hits iwrote in a clear way adele is definitely not performing or attending while for Kendrick, Taylor or Beyoncè seems like some kind of negations can still happens. 

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Green

• anti-bitch

• vale9001

• Cockney Cupcake

34 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Mhh no hits iwrote in a clear way adele is definitely not performing or attending while for Kendrick, Taylor or Beyoncè seems like some kind of negations can still happens. 

HDD also said that Beyoncé wouldn't attend in 2021, until she decided to go at the last minute.

2 hours ago, Green said:

She will have the americana, country and even some rock votes

Meh. She always does and still still loses :rip: Unless EVERYONE in the rock field votes for her (which is unlikely) then that's the way she'll win. 

3 hours ago, Machete said:

HDD is historically pressed at the Grammys so I won’t be surprised if this article is being hyped up. They literally fume if the Grammys don’t mirror Billboard Year-End lists. Calling them corrupt for “snubbing” Encanto? They had a meltdown last year over Jon winning AOTY just because he’s not a mainstream artist. Not shocking when you remember HDD is run by label exec adjacents who only care about numbers.

I would be SHOCKED if Adele doesn’t attend. I think more likely is Adele hasn’t confirmed attendance and HDD is running to say she’s skipping it so they can **** on the Grammys. Same case with Bey. I see Kendrick for sure skipping, and probably Taylor too.

Do you rmbr if they’ve been blatantly wrong on grammy tea before? At least this far out from the ceremony. 

The year I get tickets and none of them are performing. Gross….

4 hours ago, Steve Johnson said:

They are not giving AOTY to an album with 300 credits. Imagine 100+ people on stage for AOTY, embarrassing.

Brandie Carlile deserves to win. 

The way you're still seething over songwriting credits is hysterical. :lmao: The award is for the best album, not the one with the least writers. Time to get a grip, sis.

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

The way you're still seething over songwriting credits is hysterical. :lmao: The award is for the best album, not the one with the least writers. Time to get a grip, sis.

If you've seen the trend, generally Grammys love to reward AOTY to those artists who make their music themselves with little support from others, They love real artists/ songwriters/ composers.

They don't like awarding AOTY to writing camps/ sample albums.  

1 minute ago, Steve Johnson said:

If you've seen the trend, generally Grammys love to reward AOTY to those artists who make their music themselves with little support from others, They love real artists/ songwriters/ composers.

They don't like awarding AOTY to writing camps/ sample albums.  

They certainly don't like awarding AOTY to black women, that's for sure! But keep pretending that collaboration is somehow a bad thing with artists, if that's what you need to do. :heart2:

Renaissance remains the most acclaimed album of the year and everyone involved deserves recognition for it. :clap3:

I'm expecting an Adele sweep again so if she doesn't attend then it would be a bad look for her. If she wanted to avoid backlash, why submit the music in first place knowing they would shower her with noms? :deadbanana4:

I hope Queen Brandie Carlile wins AOTY. Best album of the bunch by far. A true artist. 

1 minute ago, Lady Claire said:

I'm expecting an Adele sweep again so if she doesn't attend then it would be a bad look for her. If she wanted to avoid backlash, why submit the music in first place knowing they would shower her with noms? :deadbanana4:

There will be no backlash. 

I was about to say Bey not attending implies she’s not winning AOTY 

but then I remembered the worth of a scammy in 2023 and realised no one cares 

21 hours ago, Bey'Knight said:

Can yall stop with the dumb conspiracy theories? You think Jay-Z and Rih both showed up separate yeard with 8nods expecting to lose all? Once again the grammy counts are handled by auditing firm. The producers only have nominations to go by when planning the show. 

This just ain’t true. I think the two most obvious it has ever been was when Beyoncé won that award for Lemonade that I can’t ever remember being aired live. Urban contemporary I believe. They KNEW she wasn’t winning AOTY but said let’s give her an award speech on stage. I knew as soon as I saw that she didn’t win AOTY. 

The second time was when Sam Smith won Record of the Year. They literally  framed the entire award show around him and when they realized he wasn’t winning AOTY they changed the order of ROTY and AOTY and presented ROTY inexplicably AFTER AOTY and played SWM to close the show. They know who is winning before that envelope is opened despite whatever claims they make. 

8 hours ago, Steve Johnson said:

There will be no backlash. 

There will be intense backlash. 

Adele can just send a video of her performing in Vegas and call it a day. Maybe one cute acceptance speech for what she wins. But she’s nominated for all GF so if she sweeps it would be a dud. Those categories they really can’t give away in the pre show. 

I know it's not hapenning, but it would be great if Coldplay surprised and won AOTY

9 minutes ago, 45seconds said:

This just ain’t true. I think the two most obvious it has ever been was when Beyoncé won that award for Lemonade that I can’t ever remember being aired live. Urban contemporary I believe. They KNEW she wasn’t winning AOTY but said let’s give her an award speech on stage. I knew as soon as I saw that she didn’t win AOTY. 

The second time was when Sam Smith won Record of the Year. They literally  framed the entire award show around him and when they realized he wasn’t winning AOTY they changed the order of ROTY and AOTY and presented ROTY inexplicably AFTER AOTY and played SWM to close the show. They know who is winning before that envelope is opened despite whatever claims they make. 

The Sam thing really happened?! Wtf lmfao. AOTY is always last

1 hour ago, 45seconds said:

This is all conjecture that can be deduced from nominations. First of all, they are always rotating the live categories. The only guarantees are the general categories. The urban contemporary album is a very recent category, it wasn’t even 10 years old at that point. Both Bey and Rih were nominated. The camera panned to Rih when Bey won. That alone is incentive to air the category live regardless of the outcome. 

Every year there’s a breakout star that gets spotlighted in the show. They don’t need to know the winners to know Sam Smith was it for that year. One could also say they got Prince to present AOTY that year cus they thought Bey was getting it. Wouldve been a full circle moment from the year she first won 5. Planning a show around nominees, performers and attendees offers plenty to chew on. Just takes meticulosity.

You really think Mariah of all people showed up to go empty-handed? Something she’s still bitter about till this day. 

2 hours ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

The Sam thing really happened?! Wtf lmfao. AOTY is always last

Not true. In fact ROTY is always last

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.