HDD: Harry, Bad Bunny, & Lizzo to perform; Beyonce could if she knows she wins

Hector

7 hours ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

The Sam thing really happened?! Wtf lmfao. AOTY is always last

Yes it did. I eye rolled so hard. 

4 hours ago, Sept said:

Not true. In fact ROTY is always last

No it’s not. Album of The Year is almost always presented last, especially in modern times because it is the most prestigious of the awards. 

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Green

• anti-bitch

• vale9001

• Bey'Knight

25 minutes ago, 45seconds said:

No it’s not. Album of The Year is almost always presented last, especially in modern times because it is the most prestigious of the awards. 

No watched again. At least I remember that was the case when "Uptown Funk" won ROTY (presented last) and Taylor won AOTY. Same for the year when Billie got a full swept.

Even on Grammy's official nomination list (on their website), ROTY is always the category to be presented first

Like it's lowkey more important than AOTY but ATRL is not ready for that conversation

1 hour ago, 45seconds said:

In some of the last years ROTY have been presented last. 

When Billie won ROTY for everything I wanted and Bad Guy

And when Uptown Funk won ROTY

Roman Holiday

It's crazy how our faves just refuse to do anything anymore. Even Taylor for as much as she pushes sales doesn't really do any other promo. We're left with scraps like Kim Petras

If I see another Sam and Kim show on social media I will gouge my eyes out :stare:

Beyoncé has the best album nominated. Pure ecstasy 

She deserves to win for HEATED alone 

On 1/25/2023 at 2:59 PM, FAN said:

Not Kim at the Grammys :deadbanana:

the complete 180 her career has had last year. if you told me in 2021 that this was her future....

19 hours ago, 45seconds said:

This just ain’t true. I think the two most obvious it has ever been was when Beyoncé won that award for Lemonade that I can’t ever remember being aired live. Urban contemporary I believe. They KNEW she wasn’t winning AOTY but said let’s give her an award speech on stage. I knew as soon as I saw that she didn’t win AOTY. 

The second time was when Sam Smith won Record of the Year. They literally  framed the entire award show around him and when they realized he wasn’t winning AOTY they changed the order of ROTY and AOTY and presented ROTY inexplicably AFTER AOTY and played SWM to close the show. They know who is winning before that envelope is opened despite whatever claims they make. 

There is a strong chance that some artists are informed 12-24 hours in advance, so they can adjust their speeches.

But if lots of people knew two weeks in advance, the Grammy winners list would leak out on a regular basis, just like the nominations leaked at least once before when the general field was expanded from 8 to 10 and New York Times had the original list (although I don't think the original lists were publicly leaked before the official lists with 10 nominees were announced).

There was another year when someone on here appeared to know most of the nominees in 2020 (meaning the 2021 awards show) when Beyoncé had the most nominations, but I don't think we've ever seen a leak of the winners.

ROTY is often (perhaps always?) the last award presented. In most years, you will find the official winners and nominees are published with ROTY at the top of the list.

https://www.grammy.com/news/2022-grammys-complete-winners-nominees-nominations-list

From my understanding, the Grammys consider ROTY the most important or most competitive award, because there are more submissions for ROTY than the others. Perhaps also they want to separate ROTY from SOTY, so they put AOTY in between them.

Edited by Letemtalk

not y'all acting as if the shammy's are somehow better than the VMA's. :huh:

The vma's are at least self-aware of their shallowness, the sham's are constantly exposed for fraud and lies but act like they're the highest reward for musicians.

They are just as meaningless as other corny american award shows but far more insulting to the actual art of music making.

VMA's >>>> Teen Choice Awards >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nickelodeon Awards >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shammy's.

On 1/24/2023 at 10:42 PM, R.E.M. said:

She has two shows on the Friday and Saturday before the ceremony so maybe that has something to do with it? But even if she needs vocal rest, it's at most a 3-6 minute set at the Grammys :rip: Broadway stars do vocally demanding shows twice a day, five times a week.

we comparing pop girls to Broadway professionals now? 

OT: Adele probably will attend, but not performing seems reasonable. Im not sure why people are acting like she doesnt have legitimate reason, especially considering she isnt the strongest live performer and this is her chance to repair her public good will by getting these shows done. If she doesnt show up though as odd as that will be, I wont be surprised if she got tip off that she wasn't gonna win much and just decided to sit it out anyways since she wont be doing much if that's the case- if i was in that situation i would do the same. 

Not sure what Bey is doing but she does that kind of foolery often so the Grammys arent important enough for her to not skip them too. Not sure about Taylor tho but like others have said, she doesnt need the kind of exposure- it would just be for the fans really. 

Not Sam :skull: we need the better gays aka Lil Nas or Troye. 

Edited by Lemonjuice

Why do I expect either Bey or Adele to be in attendance, but just submit a phenomenal prerecorded performance :rip:

Adele - I Drink Wine 

Beyonce - Cuff It/Break My Soul Medley

Taylor - All Too Well/Lavender Haze Medley

are a must :jonnycat: book them! 

On 1/25/2023 at 10:44 PM, 45seconds said:

This just ain’t true. I think the two most obvious it has ever been was when Beyoncé won that award for Lemonade that I can’t ever remember being aired live. Urban contemporary I believe. They KNEW she wasn’t winning AOTY but said let’s give her an award speech on stage. I knew as soon as I saw that she didn’t win AOTY. 

The second time was when Sam Smith won Record of the Year. They literally  framed the entire award show around him and when they realized he wasn’t winning AOTY they changed the order of ROTY and AOTY and presented ROTY inexplicably AFTER AOTY and played SWM to close the show. They know who is winning before that envelope is opened despite whatever claims they make. 

This. I was on ATRL during the year 1989 won, and everyone knew Taylor had won AOTY when they presented her the Best Pop Vocal Album pre-show, and it didn't air it live.  They air that category live almost every time. 

Sam is performing and Adele isn't...they really are playing up this Clark Kent/Superman thing huh

:oh:

Question: do acts get paid a fee to perform at the Grammy’s? Or do they only get the production paid for?

On 1/24/2023 at 4:50 PM, Vespertine said:

Adele really has you fooled with her “aw shucks, Bey should’ve won this!” act huh?

Her music would not have been submitted if she didn’t want to possibly win. 

Really? It's an honor to be nominated. That didn't mean she thought Lemonade should've been the one to win. (Which it should have.) Who, in their right minds, would say, "oh yeah, I made this music and I've got a shot at this huge nomination but nah." Make it make sense.

54 minutes ago, RunBoyRun said:

Really? It's an honor to be nominated. That didn't mean she thought Lemonade should've been the one to win. (Which it should have.) Who, in their right minds, would say, "oh yeah, I made this music and I've got a shot at this huge nomination but nah." Make it make sense.

Adele was literally on the red carpet before the ceremony saying Lemonade should win. She was wearing a lemon pin. :rip: She also opened her speech with "I can't possible accept this award" and dedicated it to Beyoncé. She very much thought Lemonade should've won.

6 hours ago, MrLovett said:

Adele was literally on the red carpet before the ceremony saying Lemonade should win. She was wearing a lemon pin. :rip: She also opened her speech with "I can't possible accept this award" and dedicated it to Beyoncé. She very much thought Lemonade should've won.

That.... was what I was getting at. The person I responded to said differently.

HDD turns out to be fake again. 

On 1/25/2023 at 3:03 PM, vale9001 said:

Mhh no hits iwrote in a clear way adele is definitely not performing or attending while for Kendrick, Taylor or Beyoncè seems like some kind of negations can still happens. 

I told you she was at least attending :cm: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.