HDD: Harry, Bad Bunny, & Lizzo to perform; Beyonce could if she knows she wins

Hector

1 hour ago, truthteller said:

these stadium girls thinking like they're too big for a television show i think 

Huge artists only attend and perform if they are winning, why would they lose their time if they are getting nothing? Grammys are not the promo slot they were anymore (nor they need that promo).

Edited by Bonicap

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Green

• anti-bitch

• vale9001

• Cockney Cupcake

I don't get why people are digging deep to search for the reasons why major artists are not attending or performing. Grammys and all the other music awards work under the rule of "you give me something I'll show up, you give me nothing I won't". 

3 hours ago, Hector said:

We hear that one very high-profile artist, not among the present nominees but now enjoying a giant chart run, has vowed never to perform on the show.

Miley?

4 minutes ago, Bonicap said:

"you give me something I'll show up, you give me nothing I won't". 

Isn’t this the mere reason why the Grammys are a joke now? 15+ years ago it used to be an honor to be even considered for a nomination… now people buy and sell nominations and performances and some others take a literal piss on the award…

3 minutes ago, Mr.Link said:

Isn’t this the mere reason why the Grammys are a joke now? 15+ years ago it used to be an honor to be even considered for a nomination… now people buy and sell nominations and performances and some others take a literal piss on the award…

Because award shows were huge, now they do almost nothing unless there is a chaotic moment that goes viral. People don't care about them, they can watch live performances on Youtube whenever they want, and big artists don't need them to promote their work, they are connected to the audience all the time through social networks. Unless there is a big change they are set to become boosters for B/C tier artists and tributes for throwback acts/legends.

3 minutes ago, Bonicap said:

Because award shows were huge, now they do almost nothing unless there is a chaotic moment that goes viral. People don't care about them, they can watch live performances on Youtube

And where would those performances take place if artists don’t show up to perform at events like these? Are artists performing live on TikToks now? Cant be bothered to check that shithole. 

9 minutes ago, Mr.Link said:

And where would those performances take place if artists don’t show up to perform at events like these? Are artists performing live on TikToks now? Cant be bothered to check that shithole. 

Festivals and concert shows sold to Netflix, Disney+ or whatever. 

I guess Bebe will agree to perfom!

Anitta will also agree to shake her ass with Envolver for a Million time 

:deadbanana2:  VMAs always gets the best line up

You know what give all the Grammys to Harry Styles!! Punish this lazy acts 

2 hours ago, Archetype said:

Like I just said, it would be her third day of performing in a row.  These things take most of an artist's day, she can't teleport from stage to stage and magically not need to rehearse, do fittings, makeup, sit in the audience, etc.  

Beyonce, an adult, is only willing to promote her album when it involves earning at least 8 or 9 figures.  She will fly across the world on her private jet to perform for a select audience of elite dictators, oligarchs, and celebrities in Dubai, but she won't take a car 45 mins from her house to the Grammys and promote her album.  This is a BAD precedent that others are copying not being they are creepy and obsessed (worms for brains tbh), it's because they are LAZY and want to do the absolute bare minimum unless they're getting a fat check.  Beyonce, and many other pop girls now, are driven primarily by money, which is SAD.  Also it's even worse that you think, in order for us to get any performances outside of an extremely expensive concert ticket, that traditional award shows and venues should have $24M on hand for just one artist.

How about we just came out of a pandemic (still not over) and some are probably mentally and physically over working themselves too much just to satisfy a bunch of stans. How about that? maybe they are just tired of hours of rehearsals to offer a free show to support a system that cant even respect them back. if MANY artists are doing it at the same time, they feel a valid reason to do it. How funny you dont see the Grammys are the problems because you want the little slaves to come dance on the stage for your entertainment. They are not robots.

Adele not showing up or performing is for the best. She would be smart to drop an album every 5 years and just disappear. No promotion, no performances, no interviews, no touring. Save herself from any additional backlash with her off-putting personality.

Taylor skipping is fine because MID-nights was subpar.

Beyonce better go and perform if she wants to collect AOTY. 

5 minutes ago, Edit0rz said:

Adele not showing up or performing is for the best. She would be smart to drop an album every 5 years and just disappear. No promotion, no performances, no interviews, no touring. Save herself from any additional backlash with her off-putting personality.

Lol. Not when her interviews and banters get millions and millions of likes on all the social media platforms. You don't get to dictate her life and career just because you have something against her.

But ATRL spent years telling us the Grammy's don't matter and that their faves are cool and not tryhard because they're unbothered and don't care about awards, and now they're complaining about their unbothered faves not showing up at the award ceremony that doesn't matter:confused:. So which one is it? :giraffe:

15 minutes ago, Edit0rz said:

Taylor skipping is fine because MID-nights was subpar.

Beyonce better go and perform if she wants to collect AOTY. 

Beyonce wants nothing to do with Renaissance! :toofunny2: She isn’t showing up!  

Taylor isn't nominated for Midnights, that'll be next year, she has a few noms for All Too Well and Carolina

1 hour ago, Lose My Breath said:

I’m glad Beyoncé is gonna lose, to be honest. 

I agree. All the hate she will get.

but honestly I hope she wins cause the hive will be unbearable if she doesn’t. Lemonade loss was REALLY rough, and they still expect validation from this. I’ll be happy if she wins but it’s so obvious Harry is gonna have a perfect sweep. Maybe they’ll throw her SOTY

Winning has no bearing on attendance ppl. This isnt the VMAs. Voting has ended long ago. 

That said, Im sure Bey will attend. Whether she performs or not is a toss-up. It’s possible she’s not fully recovered from her foot surgery and is saving herself for the tour. These exists outside of providing you with yAssssSs queen moments and fodder for your atrl clapbacks. 

5 hours ago, Vespertine said:

Adele really has you fooled with her “aw shucks, Bey should’ve won this!” act huh?

Her music would not have been submitted if she didn’t want to possibly win. 

Submitting your album isn't just for yourself, it's for the producers, engineers and other people that deserve the chance of getting a Grammy nomination. For example Inflo has just one Grammy nomination and it's for his work on 30.

I'm pretty sure the artists don't know who's winning right now, but it seems clear from past award shows that they know on the night when they give their genre acceptances speeches.

5 hours ago, Hector said:

We hear that one very high-profile artist, not among the present nominees but now enjoying a giant chart run, has vowed never to perform on the show.

This has to SZA or Miley, or is there someone else?

Drake and The Weeknd have high charting songs, and maybe you could say they're having a giant chart run.

1 hour ago, jane said:

How about we just came out of a pandemic (still not over) and some are probably mentally and physically over working themselves too much just to satisfy a bunch of stans. How about that? maybe they are just tired of hours of rehearsals to offer a free show to support a system that cant even respect them back. if MANY artists are doing it at the same time, they feel a valid reason to do it. How funny you dont see the Grammys are the problems because you want the little slaves to come dance on the stage for your entertainment. They are not robots.

Overworking?  WHO?  Which pop stars are overworking themselves?  Pop stars these days post four IG photos, drop the album, do a pre-recorded interview with Zane Lowe, pose for a photo shoot, and dip.  We’re lucky if we get more than one single and MV.  This all happens within a very small portion of the year.  Wtf are they doing the rest of the year if they’re not touring, not recording new music, not writing, and don’t even bother to show up to or perform at award shows?  Sitting at home having their teams sell makeup and shoes?  Performing and promoting your work is not “being a little slave to come dance on stage for your entertainment”.  They are performers, artists, and yet they fail to perform.  LAZY.  Stop making excuses for them.

the grammys slowely but surely turning into the ema’s

adele probably knows she wont be sweeping. i do feel like many of the artists who wont be coming have had enough of the blatant corruption that goes into this show. the nicki situation only reinforced what the weeknd said. randomly deeming it a pop song to exclude it from getting nominated was just ridiculous. other artists see this as well. they need to stop playing in these artists faces if they want to build some trust again. every year this show is losing credibility 

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit

3 hours ago, Orsay said:

Miley?

i think that refers to sza

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.