HDD: Harry, Bad Bunny, & Lizzo to perform; Beyonce could if she knows she wins

Hector

While we’re told Harry Styles and Jay- Z are due to be on (the latter possibly in tandem with DJ Khaled) and Bad Bunny may be booked as well, word has it quite a few of the top-tier nominees have bowed out of taking the stage on Music’s Biggest Night. As of now, neither Taylor Swift, Beyoncé nor Kendrick Lamar has committed to being on the show, and insiders say it’s unlikely they’ll be in the lineup—though nothing is set in stone quite yet. We’re hearing pretty definitively, though, that Adele won’t be performing or appearing. The Grammy TV campaign nonetheless features Adele and Bey. It goes without saying that if any of the aforementioned stars were actually slated to appear, Grammy would be trumpeting that fact to boost its ratings.

Polling biz folk, we’re hearing that Harry is deserving of AOTY. But the overwhelming politics of the Academy suggests they’re leaning a different way. It’s unfortunate that the game is rigged. Blame it on those Venezuelan voting machines.

Are all these performer issues due to the present dysfunction of the Academy’s inner circle, past slights of superstars or some other reason? In any case, word has it there is lingering bad blood between Grammyland and a surprising number of key acts. We hear that one very high-profile artist, not among the present nominees but now enjoying a giant chart run, has vowed never to perform on the show.

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=334430&title=GRAMMY-PERFORMERS%3A-WHOS-ON%3F-WHATS-UP%3F

Edited by Hector

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Green

• anti-bitch

• vale9001

• Bey'Knight

Mess :dies:

I wish Adele could perform or at least attend, but at this rate I don't think she'll ever show up at Awards ceremony anymore.

Benito :WAP:

Is Harry getting AOTY instead of Adele then?:lakitu:

Edited by Rhiannon

Taylor and Adele are super boring and predictable performers so no loss here lmao.

Bey though...

5 minutes ago, Hector said:

We’re hearing pretty definitively, though, that Adele won’t be performing or appearing

ok wow 

Please stop, that’s not good news for my heart

3 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Did someone tell Adele she isn’t winning because I find it odd she is not even going. 

Is she nominated? And I feel like she just wants to avoid a speech tbh. 

I predicted Adele & Beyonce not performing :dies:

It will be a boring show

Adele not showing up could also  mean she’s been tipped off to that she’s winning and doesn’t want a repeat of 2017 because that would be bad for both her and the academy.

Or she just doesn’t care. 

I think Adele really wants to move on from 30 and Vegas as fast as possible. This has not been a good era for her so attending the Grammy’s is probably just refreshing everyone’s memories. 

Taylor though…that’s kind of bizarre. It’s almost like she’s sabotaging Midnights at this point so she can move on to the next Taylor’s Version release. 

The random halt on the music videos she’s filmed etc. it’s just odd 

Just now, 45seconds said:

Adele not showing up could also  mean she’s been tipped off to that she’s winning and doesn’t want a repeat of 2017 because that would be bad for both her and the academy.

But the backlash will be there regardless of her showing up or not. 

1 minute ago, 45seconds said:

I feel not going would be a worse look. And she would still get hate for winning regardless of being there or not.

But why submit for categories then suddenly not want to be involved?

Scammys are over and no one watches. :clap3: Glad the artists are realizing what the GP knew years ago.

5 minutes ago, 45seconds said:

Adele really has you fooled with her “aw shucks, Bey should’ve won this!” act huh?

Her music would not have been submitted if she didn’t want to possibly win. 

So it's gonna be a d'ck fest? :rip:

8 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Taylor though…that’s kind of bizarre. It’s almost like she’s sabotaging Midnights at this point so she can move on to the next Taylor’s Version release. 

Taylor is about to enter her Beyoncé era

The way Taylor only performs on obscure places now because she knows she s+cks at singing. Smart decision. Her SNL performance was demonic. 

who's the one that vowed to never perform there? Miley?

7 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

Adele really has you fooled with her “aw shucks, Bey should’ve won this!” act huh?

Her music would not have been submitted if she didn’t want to possibly win. 

:deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.