• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enrique523

• HEAVYONIT

• gloamingtheplain

• CroNich

Atrl is so narrow minded when it comes to genres :rip: 

Even if I believed her delusions, the pendulum swung back despite her, like it always does. 

This plant...

Why does Ava and every single other person saying "she's right" seem to have such a shallow definition of what "pop music" is? You think songs like New Rules, which came out and smashed before Sweet but Psycho, are not pop? :toofunny3:

4 hours ago, Martyr Of Fame said:

Atrl is so narrow minded when it comes to genres :rip: 

Even if I believed her delusions, the pendulum swung back despite her, like it always does. 

Right? The Britney-Gaga type of Europop is not the only type of music that can be called "pop" :rip:

And yeah we would've had more pop songs like that on the chart even if Ava never existed. Songs like Don't Start Now or Blinding Lights would've happened no matter what.

13 hours ago, luckythisway said:

I mean SBP was the first pure pop WW smash in a while. NTLTC can be argued, but Sweetener went way more into trap/R&B than the Euro-Pop sound of SBP

You think New Rules isn't pure pop? :psyduck:

And that's just the facts of life 

Ava Max Singing GIF by Audacy

her career is so interesting to me. SBP was a moment in pop music for sure, but like someone mentioned it feels like she hasn’t left the “new artist purgatory”, which is weird because its been almost 5 years since that song came out.
there’s something about her brand that screams faceless industry plant and her team still hasn’t been able to change that 

Edited by Dolce Vita

Dua Lipa, Demi,Selena, Ariana,Camila, Halsey,The Weeknd  etc were doing perfectly fine in 2017-2018...so that song didnt do **** for pop, its just another forgettable radio filler hit

Whats even more funnier is the reaction difference from atrlers when Normani said something delusional like this about Motivation:dies:

1 hour ago, NormaniReign said:

Dua Lipa, Demi,Selena, Ariana,Camila, Halsey,The Weeknd  etc were doing perfectly fine in 2017-2018...so that song didnt do **** for pop, its just another forgettable radio filler hit

Whats even more funnier is the reaction difference from atrlers when Normani said something delusional like this about Motivation:dies:

People on this site have an extremely limited view of what "pop music" is so i'm not surprised to see delusional takes like that :rip:

I really like Ava's music overall and her new album is solid dance pop but she didn't "pave the way" for anything. The GP still barely knows who she is and none of the "pure pop songs" that followed SBP had anything to do with it.

14 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

People on this site have an extremely limited view of what "pop music" is so i'm not surprised to see delusional takes like that :rip:

I really like Ava's music overall and her new album is solid dance pop but she didn't "pave the way" for anything. The GP still barely knows who she is and none of the "pure pop songs" that followed SBP had anything to do with it.

The most alarming part is when Normani said something delusional like this.....the crucifying and lashings she got:deadbanana4:, its evident its not about what she said ,its about who she is and what she represents. It does not sit well with me

Shape of you, Perfect, One Kiss, The middle, Havana were what? Rap? Lol Even Drake's smashes from that era were pure pop.

She is kind of right. That was the first pure pop sing that really smashed in a while, especially in the US

The only thing she "paved the way for" was the 2009 sound to become popular again, and even then it was mostly her own songs that followed that formula following SBP, it's not like her fellow popstars all started making 2009 throwback songs. :toofunny3:

10 hours ago, NormaniReign said:

Cause Motivation was in no way a hit or a cultural reset :dies:

Not sure I whole-heartedly agree but it definitely had a big impact

3 hours ago, Black Jesus said:

Not sure I whole-heartedly agree but it definitely had a big impact

What impact exactly? 

2 hours ago, Enrique523 said:

What impact exactly? 

It was a pure pop song smashing at a time when many urban/rap-leaning tracks were taking over pop. I think that's what she's referring to.

1 hour ago, Black Jesus said:

It was a pure pop song smashing at a time when many urban/rap-leaning tracks were taking over pop. I think that's what she's referring to.

Once again "pure pop" is something many people on this forum have a very narrow definition of. For example New Rules was a pure pop song and it smashed one year prior to SBP. Several male artists had huge pure pop smashes too. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.