• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enrique523

• HEAVYONIT

• gloamingtheplain

• blackoutbritney

It's crazy that it's been almost 5 years since she broke through but it still feels like she's stuck in new artist purgatory

11 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

There's some truth to it because that era didnt have many big loud 2009'd choruses like SBP, but also a kii because there were several pop hits too lol

I think she spilt, everything was 'omi cheerleader'd'... girls were flat out disappearing cause of the horrible 'dance = faceless, or RnB/ballad!' environment :rip:

Then Ava went IN with this euro-pop dark gaga thing. Even miley and gaga weren't stupid enough to not do some yeeh-haw pop with a male as backup, Bey was jumping on remxies with men.

Ava took on pop and stared it in the face (and yes dua was there too but she was cool and trendy so that helped)

She's right. Weren't 2017-2018 some of the worst years for female pop? I remember there were multiple weeks with no females at all in the top 10 and even when that happened it wasn't with a bubblegummy pop song like SBS. I don't know if it 'paved the way' necessarily but it was definitely one of the first big pop songs after a long period of drought.

14 hours ago, Supervillain said:

The truth was said by her.

Sure. And Tinashe is the queen of pop.

17 hours ago, dangerousalex said:

“I’m like, ‘God, please, if you’re listening. I need to pay for my gas.

17 hours ago, dangerousalex said:

“‘Sweet but Psycho’ kind of paved the way for pop music again,”

cringe after cringe

c6teby5zekt3.gif

17 hours ago, Lorde Von Vok said:

N9pGE2.gif 

perfect :dies:

Didn’t she say this years ago :deadbanana2:  Why do they keep asking her/why is she still saying this during her second album cycle?

Edited by tellem

15 hours ago, The Second Coming said:

The nerve :dies:  well, at least you can give her kudos for even mimicking the out of touch arrogance as her former manufactured dance act, Party City embassador inspiration.

14 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

She's wrong, but she should say it (for our entertainment)

16 hours ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

It didn't even paved your way sis wdym :redface:

Laughing Nene GIF - Laughing Nene RHOA - Discover & Share GIFs

Not with that generic dated **** she has released. :rip:

Edited by IVY

2 hours ago, Mr. Stratus said:

I think she spilt, everything was 'omi cheerleader'd'... girls were flat out disappearing cause of the horrible 'dance = faceless, or RnB/ballad!' environment :rip:

Then Ava went IN with this euro-pop dark gaga thing. Even miley and gaga weren't stupid enough to not do some yeeh-haw pop with a male as backup, Bey was jumping on remxies with men.

Ava took on pop and stared it in the face (and yes dua was there too but she was cool and trendy so that helped)

But she didn't pave the way for anything, she just had a cute little hit with a very dated sound and that's it. And like you said Dua was already doing it in a much bigger way and more successful. :rip:

It wasn’t even the biggest pop song that year.

But it was a good pop record and she is one of the few pop girlies that had an actual catchy chorus, instead of the same trap pop hybrid songs we were getting:eddie: so I’ll let her have her moment. 

On 1/25/2023 at 7:21 PM, PoisonPill said:

It's crazy that it's been almost 5 years since she broke through but it still feels like she's stuck in new artist purgatory

Agreed. I don't really get her - she seems very industry plant-esque, no discerning personality, hasn't really established herself as anything unique. To me, she's a fun and beautiful but utterly replacable generic pop star. Like if you asked an AI to create a 2020s blonde popstar influenced by Gaga, Madonna with the kind of expected voice of someone featuring on a Calvin Harris or Cheat Codes feature.

What songs exactly did she inspire? What pop songs took off because of Ava?

she had a cute little pop hit but that’s it. She didn’t inspire anyone. She didn’t start any trends and she certainly didn’t bring pop back. :rofl:

She saved pop music once with Sweet but Psycho. She saved pop music for the second time with Ghost. Catch the tea. 

I mean SBP was the first pure pop WW smash in a while. NTLTC can be argued, but Sweetener went way more into trap/R&B than the Euro-Pop sound of SBP

new rules sweetie...

• ATRL Moderator

She spilled.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.