• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enrique523

• HEAVYONIT

• gloamingtheplain

• whtvrdude

26 minutes ago, Outlaws said:

Can't one of her stans tell her the truth?

LepnXa0.gif

She said the truth 

Imagine believing that a song which barely made Top 10 in the US managed to revive pop music. :toofunny3: There's no need for exaggerations on her part. :siptea:

Why is this delusional flop always trying to push this narrative?

1 hour ago, prézli said:

Isn't that Dua?

Dua is the modern Kylie

There's some truth to it because that era didnt have many big loud 2009'd choruses like SBP, but also a kii because there were several pop hits too lol

Was the song even that big?? I swear I never heard it outside of gay bars istg... :rip:

She's sorta right. There weren't that many big pure pop songs that year aside from SBP. 

KYtBoeg.gif

It’s legit true. 

I remember when it smashed that everyone was kind of surprised because a “pop” song that was classic and didn’t have trap or R&B beats was really uncommon at that point. 

ATRL was like “this could smash in 2013 but not in 2018” and yet it smashed in 2018 comfortably. 

4 hours ago, Starchild said:

Why is this delusional flop always trying to push this narrative?

Because it’s true. We were in the Ariana era of R&B and trap beat type songs or tropical beat drops. A traditional pure pop song like SBS smashing was not on the table for 2018/2019. 

1 hour ago, CroNich said:

Was the song even that big?? I swear I never heard it outside of gay bars istg... :rip:

It was a huge hit in Europe, especially in places like Germany, Eastern Europe and Nordic countries:clap3: 

ot: Not a single lie was told by Miss Amanda Koci. Stream Cold as Ice :clap3:

15 minutes ago, Electric Youth said:

It was a huge hit in Europe, especially in places like Germany, Eastern Europe and Nordic countries:clap3: 

ot: Not a single lie was told by Miss Amanda Koci. Stream Cold as Ice :clap3:

Oh right, well good for her honestly. Finding success with a pop sound when pop wasn't really charting. I still think her comment is a bit of a reach though...

Ava died so pop rises.

1 minute ago, Sexyzinger said:

Naur it’s true! The 1-2 punchE of SBP + On A Roll by Ashgod O. revitalized pop music @Walk_Away21

Period. The girls forget pop was DEAD back then.

2 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Because it’s true. We were in the Ariana era of R&B and trap beat type songs or tropical beat drops. A traditional pure pop song like SBS smashing was not on the table for 2018/2019. 

this is wrong though. while dua did have more of a tropical sound, "no tears left to cry" was anthemic pop's real return to the charts. you cant deny that it sounded like NOTHING that was big at the time.  Sure, she had trap pop in there as well but her highly anticipated comeback single was pop. And it was a smash. So while Ava was a definitely part of the overall wave, she wasnt the first to see a real pop smash. 

Edited by jjmed59

8 minutes ago, jjmed59 said:

this is wrong though. while dua did have more of a tropical sound, "no tears left to cry" was anthemic pop's real return to the charts. you cant deny that it sounded like NOTHING that was big at the time. Billboard themselves have spoken how Ariana ushered pop back in during 2018. Sure, she had trap pop in there as well but her highly anticipated comeback single was pop. And it was a smash. So while Ava was a definitely part of the overall wave, she wasnt the first to see a real pop smash. 

Yeah but Ari basically ditched it in favour for Trap and basically rushed release TU, N, the impact was kind of short lived. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.