Ava Max: "Sweet but Psycho paved the way for pop music again"

Alex

would the second coming of Mariah Carey lie?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enrique523

• HEAVYONIT

• gloamingtheplain

• SweetTalker

It's true. Miss Ava did release a pop track and we have to recognize thaT :clap3:

She's right, Ava is a trendsetter

the way this was her only hit. imagine claiming you paved a road that you’ve haven’t been able to walk, let alone drive on ever since.

stream Million Dollar Baby tho :clap3:

Edited by Bussea

I don't think I have ever heard this song. And not that many artist make pure pop songs these days (compared to late '00 early '10) anyway. But sure...

:jonny6:She didnt lie. I know she only hit it once but boy did she opened the doors for pop’s return 

Delusional :rip: 

Paved the way for pop, but not for her career, well, we all have to make sacrifices I guess.

Roman Holiday
59 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

i believe ha. :clap3: In a world of trap pop from Cardi B, Ariana Grande, and Halsey, Ava dared to go where no other pop girl would.

Wasn't your own fave doing Max Martin songs during that time though? Pop never left, it just takes different forms :rip:  Trap pop, euro pop, and even regular pop songs like ME! were all thriving during that time. 

SBS doesn't sound like the pop music of today anyways. It sounds like a 2009 song 

Edited by Roman Holiday

1 minute ago, Roman Holiday said:

Wasn't your own fave doing Max Martin songs during that time though? Pop never left, it just takes different forms :rip: 

SBS doesn't sound like the pop music of today anyways. It sounds like a 2009 song 

Taylor was also releasing urban-adjacent pop music. Not necessarily trap pop like Sweetener, Hopeless Fountain Kingdom, and definitely not like Invasion of Privacy, but still, the sugary synth pop of 1989 was nowhere to be found on reputation except for “Delicate.”

I know pop music doesn’t ever -leave- but in all honesty Ava (and Dua?) were really the only women making the same type of dance pop that had fallen out of public favor at that time.

I was about to laugh but i remember it got released when everybody did trap so... She ain't THAT wrong.

Edited by Bencharmer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.