Shakira earns first top 10 debut 33 years into her career!

CrimsonX

first of all I didn’t realize she’s been around for 33 years. :jonny:

Edited by CrimsonX

Never count MADRE out of the game :WAP: Her first top-10 in 16 years, this is crazy (justice for She Wolf :'()

Shakira is such an underrated legend. 

12 minutes ago, CrimsonX said:

first of all I didn’t realize she’s been around for 33 years. :jonny:

Get into her first releases, Magia and Peligro  back when she was with Sony which was called CBS :clap3:

I always thought Beautiful Liar debuted at the top 10, am I wrong :gaycat6:?

Edit: oh, I just saw it debuted at #94 and jumped to #3 in the second week

Edited by BrokenMachine

2 minutes ago, Lorelei said:

Get into her first releases, Magia and Peligro  back when she was with Sony which was called CBS :clap3:

I lived with my grandmother for a year when I was a teenager (a long time ago😂) and I remember my grandmother had some of her Spanish albums. I just remember being very surprised because Shakira was smashing at the time with her laundry service album, so to find out my grandma was also a Shakira fan was shocking. lol

Sad she needed a man for this to happened. 
but a win is a win :clap3:

15 minutes ago, Moonturn said:

I guess those JLo vs. Shakira discussions look kinda ridiculous now in retroperspective :giraffe:

they even seemed ridiculous back then tbh. Shakira is and has always been on another level musically speaking. JLo was for sure the bigger "celeb" because she had a fairly big movie career in the early 2000s and was all over western media for her relationships and stuff but if we examined their musical success...Shakira was always spades ahead of JLO. This just served as the final nail in the coffin of that ongoing debate lol

amazing accomplishment, especially for a song not in English on the U.S. charts and so many years into her career.

who is doing it like her :penguin:

36 minutes ago, CrimsonX said:

I lived with my grandmother for a year when I was a teenager (a long time ago😂) and I remember my grandmother had some of her Spanish albums. I just remember being very surprised because Shakira was smashing at the time with her laundry service album, so to find out my grandma was also a Shakira fan was shocking. lol

Magia and Peligro probably never made it out of Colombia, but Shakira's been a presence in the spanish speaking world since her third album in 1995 :jonnycat:

1 hour ago, Moonturn said:

I guess those JLo vs. Shakira discussions look kinda ridiculous now in retroperspective :giraffe:

They always did considering by the time Shakira released Whenever, Wherever she was already 10 years into her career 

Seee when you are a Legend!!!

Im soo happy for her! :clap3:

Shakira Longetivity :jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.