• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EarStyle

• monologueNacafe

• Flare

• 99sandthe2000s

Hmmm not Impressed by the snippet. Ugh she has so much potential. 

but maybe the full will be good?

Edited by Superbitch

58 minutes ago, EnoughSaid said:

Her pen is so weak for her solo material, I don’t know why cause she eats with CxH. I’ve only heard the snippet but really “**** *****” and “triggered”? Basic and corny Chloe 

We know why…

43 minutes ago, OnlyRealMusic. said:

The ones talking about "too many harmonies" don't really understand R&B (or Gospel) music... Like, what are you saying?! Y'all are definitely used to these pop girls that serve nothing but dry, unseasoned vocals with no dynamic or personality.

As someone who has FOREVER been listening to gospel, I don’t like how the harmonies are used here. It’s not giving a gospel, hop out my seat and praise, moment. 

If anything, it’s giving, “let’s throw harmonies all over the song so nobody complains that the song is a bit basic in lyrics”. The harmonies definitely don’t distract me enough from the fact the lyrics might as well be a Queen Naija song (no shade to her but yeah). :penguin:

27 minutes ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

:jonny5:

10 minutes ago, Flare said:

As someone who has FOREVER been listening to gospel, I don’t like how the harmonies are used here. It’s not giving a gospel, hop out my seat and praise, moment. 

If anything, it’s giving, “let’s throw harmonies all over the song so nobody complains that the song is a bit basic in lyrics”. The harmonies definitely don’t distract me enough from the fact the lyrics might as well be a Queen Naija song (no shade to her but yeah). :penguin:

Same. But I do like how she used the harmonies, they remind me of Brandy. And the lyrics are so much better than Have Mercy, Treat Me or even Surprise,so... I'd say it's a step up for her.

Chile it’s a mess. Why is she singing about going to church with a gospel sound and then saying f jigga this f jigga that. This is why she keeps flopping. What was the point of the random rebrand 

my fav song of hers i fear

i don’t give girls a pass for beyonce cosplay. i can see why they released this though let’s see how it goes 

Video looks really good! 

Okay I wasnt blown away at first but the song is getting better with every second.

Like it starts kinda meh but by the end I love it. 

38 minutes ago, Camilitau.u said:

Chile it’s a mess. Why is she singing about going to church with a gospel sound and then saying f jigga this f jigga that. This is why she keeps flopping. What was the point of the random rebrand 

To keep folks like you running into her threads to discuss her when you're not a fan lol.

Just watched the music video. The prettiest she's ever looked imo. The look w/ the long pony >>> :jonnycat:

2 hours ago, Maxxie said:

I just do not understand the hype for these sisters. I wish them the best.

Don’t lump Halle into this lmao

Anyway the video is cute but suffers from the song being so short

wow vid is gorgeous!! ok beyoncé in the hallway lmao

This is STUNNING! Yeah, I would never listen to what y’all got to say. Glad she’s giving us QUALITY and VOCALS!

video edit answered my question. i think this will sound fine on radio. 

She ate both the song and video :clap3: This album is gonna be great

I like the song but it sounds like she’s cosplaying Summer Walker

Wow that video was excellent!

I wonder how different her career would be if it was like Have Mercy (debut multi-format single) -> Pray It Away (non-single with the same amazing video) -> For the Night (urban/rhythmic radio only single) -> Treat Me (album insta-grat with video) -> album drop. 

That just looks more intentional and neat as an era. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.