Todrick Hall’s New MTV Show Flops

Stepfon

1 hour ago, fridayteenage said:

i mean, white lotus premiere did the same and atrl stans for that

Season 1 did 944k. Season 2 did 1.5 millon in its premieres.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/the-white-lotus-season-2-premiere-ratings-viewers-1235418706/

Stop lying out ur ass please.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stepfon

• wish

• JBJT2786

• Lorde Von Vok

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, ArtForFreedom said:

he blamed the gays

It’s giving delusion… no one cares about the self-absorbed, stuck up, pretentious gays running around WeHo, no one except them I guess. There are so many other sub-communities in the LGBTQIA+ space that would be actually entertaining and interesting to watch.

they got what they deserved… 

29 minutes ago, CroNich said:

It’s giving delusion… no one cares about the self-absorbed, stuck up, pretentious gays running around WeHo, no one except them I guess. There are so many other sub-communities in the LGBTQIA+ space that would be actually entertaining and interesting to watch.

they got what they deserved… 

Right, I’ll be daring enough to suggest that the premise wouldn’t have actually been that bad. But I promise no one wants to see this. I’m from the UK and all I know of LA is vapid and boring rich people. Gays are no different there it seems. I’d be interested in following the lives of LGBTQ+ people in different places, manufactured as it is. I wouldn’t care if they were really friends but I’d be more interested in their stories  and lives. 

1 hour ago, JBJT2786 said:

Season 1 did 944k. Season 2 did 1.5 millon in its premieres.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/the-white-lotus-season-2-premiere-ratings-viewers-1235418706/

Stop lying out ur ass please.

you're so angry, you should work on that.

but anyways, they were talking about the televised 18-49 rating. if you read what i responded to instead of throwing a tantrum.

https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-sunday-10-30-2022-top-150-cable-originals-network-finals.html

The Season 2 premiere of HBO’s THE WHITE LOTUS was at 0.06, down 0.02 from last year’s series premiere and down 0.11 from the finale.

Rich gay people in LA are not interesting. :rip: This category of queerness is probably the worst kind there is, we don’t need to platform it any more than it already is.

6 hours ago, Right Now said:

Yikes! A 0.06? Absolutely no one cared to see this show.

How is that even possible, the show had to be tested or did they just throw it on and cross their fingers? :deadbanana4:

6 hours ago, ArtForFreedom said:

he blamed the gays

Is the FAQ checking part serious or not? I can’t tell 

7 hours ago, imabadkid said:

tbh everything flops on MTV these days due to gen z and millennials moving on from linear cable.

it literally says that RuPaul did way better on the same channel

1 hour ago, fridayteenage said:

you're so angry, you should work on that.

but anyways, they were talking about the televised 18-49 rating. if you read what i responded to instead of throwing a tantrum.

https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-sunday-10-30-2022-top-150-cable-originals-network-finals.html

The Season 2 premiere of HBO’s THE WHITE LOTUS was at 0.06, down 0.02 from last year’s series premiere and down 0.11 from the finale.

And yet it had more Total viewers than WEHO which is impressive considering its on a paid cable service that doesn't need commercials ( which is the main reason these systems check their ratings in the first place) and  its linked to a streaming service.

This isn't comparable. The anger is coming from you trying to compare an obivous hit show at the end of the day to a flop. Let's see if WEHO gets to 0.19 at seasons end like White Lotus ( which again is a number that show didnt need)

Let's see what the shows premiere rating is after being on MTVs website and Paramount Plus after a week. It's gonna be just like White Lotus right?

5 hours ago, Planet Mars said:

Now sis, what's next? The Real Gays of Boise? Salt Lake? 

Birmingham is hardly New York, Atlanta or Chicago :rip:

Yes, literally. There are no gays more entertaining on EARTH than the ones that live in conservative areas of the South. 

9 hours ago, Chemist said:

it literally says that RuPaul did way better on the same channel

lol I saw that I’m saying ratings on TV as a whole. Do ya research, TV ratings have declined around 78%

Not him acting like some tacky reality show about weho gays is some major step forward for representation

ec9b82b15a2dfd8a13dc7942a4de0a49_w200.gi

Also, why the hell is RPDR even on MTV now? Isn't it kind of bigger show than being on a channel like that?

1 minute ago, Miichael said:

Also, why the hell is RPDR even on MTV now? Isn't it kind of bigger show than being on a channel like that?

It used to be on VH1, so if anything this is an upgrade :toofunny2:

2 minutes ago, wish said:

It used to be on VH1, so if anything this is an upgrade :toofunny2:

I'm surprised it hasn't moved to a streaming service by now. Having a show on MTV or VH1 feels so old school :rip:

10 hours ago, collin said:

Rich gay people in LA are not interesting. :rip: This category of queerness is probably the worst kind there is, we don’t need to platform it any more than it already is.

exactly. and casting Todrick of all people in this made it even worse, NO ONE likes him

Todrick is the most self centered, insufferable person on this planet and obviously doesn’t have one true friend who told him he is spiraling and being an absolute train wreck. Embarrassing doesn’t begin to cover it. What a loser. 

Wait this was his show? Glad I know now, I didn’t even know it premiered yet, so now I get to avoid it on purpose. Thank you!

16 hours ago, Domination said:

We need to kill this over-saturation of of reality shows in LA.

If this would have been like the Real Gays of Portland or Real Gays of Birmingham, Alabama it would have been a hit and been hilarious. Hell, even Miami or Atlanta would have been a better premise.

I live an hour from Birmingham and I absolutely can’t imagine a show about the gays there 💀

It always makes me feel some type of way when the LGBTQ+-creators fire back at the community for "betrayal" instead of trying to look into other possible reasons. Blame MTV, blame the excecutives who blinded you by giving shitty advice and telling you that leeching off Drag Race would be a great idea. Look for people in power first. Cause otherwise it looks looks like "I love the gay community as long as I can use them for personal gain". Projects fail all the time and instead of looking at it from a nuanced perspective (which can include backlash from the community), you're choosing the nuclear option right away, because let's face it, it's easier to blame the "petty internet gays" instead of the powerful excecutives who are paying you.

Edited by The Next Day

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.