H100: Flowers #1, Kill Bill #2, Creepin' #4, Shakira/Bzrp #9

Ger

Taylor must be fuming now that a non-chart obsessed artist surpassed her in this metric :coffee:

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Renan90

• Steve Johnson

• PoisonedIvy

• simmnfierzig

SOS is not an R&B album and I wish that narrative would stop. It is only said because SZA is black. Nobody Gets Me, F2F, Special are not R&B songs. The only real R&B songs are Snooze and Love Language with the rest being a mixture of sounds from pop/rock to hip hop, but it should not be classified as R&B. 

Edited by Pleighboy

14 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

Weird neither 21 or 25 did this?

25 was #3 in its 11th week. Behind Anti and Kevin Gates' Islah

21 was #3 in its 5th week. Behind Chris Brown and Jennifer Hudson

But yeah "consecutive" / "first x" records like that are a bit dumb.

Edited by simmnfierzig

will she tie the R&B album record if she has 13 consecutive weeks at #1 ? this is legendary omg :jonny5: if shania twain somehow interrupts the streak it’s anti-black

also: i think she ends at 12-16 weeks #1 i can definetly see it.

Edited by SissyThatTwink

13 minutes ago, By the Water said:

If she cared that much she could just throw some paint over some CDs for extra sales

Embarrassing :redface:

6 minutes ago, GentleEarthquake said:

Taylor must be fuming now that a non-chart obsessed artist surpassed her in this metric :coffee:

Non-chart obsessed artist released EP remixes of her song to block Miley. 

1 minute ago, Steve Johnson said:

Non-chart obsessed artist released EP remixes of her song to block Miley. 

The label did that. 

Y’all don’t think Sam Smith will knock her off for a week? Doesn’t their album release on Friday?

the certain defensive, bitter Taylor stans :rip: your fave is the most commercially successful female artist of this generation, is it that hard to be happy for someone else's well-deserved moment?

2 hours ago, Sinister said:

Y’all don’t think Sam Smith will knock her off for a week? Doesn’t his album release on Friday?

I thought their last album was The Thrill Of It All which debuted with 230k but I just read about Love Goes which debuted at #5 back in 2020 (41k), he'd have to pull over 100k which is twice as much as their last album, I just don't see it but maybe Unholy being such a big song can help them?

Edited by UnusualBoy

1 hour ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Funniest thing is liddos shading when Gaga has not even 1 album of this level

No wonder you saw that as "shade", must be hard spending your earned work money on eight copies of the same album only to not give your fave an irrelevant re-peak at #1, when she's already well on her way to be the reigning queen of the all-time Billboard 200

Edited by doonerr

1 hour ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Guess Rihanna has no talent cause she never got this big of album :heart:

SOS + CTRL hasn’t surpassed the total units moved by ANTI in the U.S combined. 

But okay baby.

:rip:

OT: Congrats Queen. Truly the modern R&B supreme. 

I’m just happy to see a BLACK WOMAN DOMINATING a U.S chart like this that isn’t Rihanna (or Beyoncé) and by that I mean the last 10+ years. 

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

46 minutes ago, EdgeofTeeth said:

the certain defensive, bitter Taylor stans :rip: your fave is the most commercially successful female artist of this generation, is it that hard to be happy for someone else's well-deserved moment?

Um have you even read the thread? :rip: I don't think the Taylor stans are the bitter ones. 

1 hour ago, Sinister said:

Y’all don’t think Sam Smith will knock her off for a week? Doesn’t their album release on Friday?

I don't think they can pull 100k. 85k would be the most realistic number for them considering Love Goes debuted with 41k

Edit: sorry for the misgendering. It was a mistake

Edited by PopFan1996

The Taylor haters giving SZA 2 streams and celebrating this as if it were a big personal achievement for them :redface:

Love this for her

tumblr_n8ast5FEd91rdccybo1_500.gif

22 minutes ago, Dephira said:

The Taylor haters giving SZA 2 streams and celebrating this as if it were a big personal achievement for them :redface:

I never see them on the single or album threads for SZA, weird that they spend more time talking about who they hate than who they supposedly love.:) 

34 minutes ago, Dephira said:

This is just sad and pathetic as is the few Taylor stans who fell for the bait and dragged SZA for no reason. Meanwhile the people who actually listened the album can't enjoy this achievement ( being the longest running #1 female R&B album since 1993) without reading pathetic stan war comments.

@UnusualBoy not to be pedantic about pronouns cause I know you don’t mean it that way, but Sam Smith’s pronouns are they/them and ATRL warns people for not adhering to that. Just letting you know

It might have more weeks at #1 but good luck outselling Midnight’s total sales or even its first week :1stplace:

Congrats tho :clap3:

Edited by ChrisTheLoner

26 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

@UnusualBoy not to be pedantic about pronouns cause I know you don’t mean it that way, but Sam Smith’s pronouns are they/them and ATRL warns people for not adhering to that. Just letting you know

My bad :rip:, yeah I forgot.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.