Nonsense gets a new streaming peak on Sunday. Is Autoplay payola too much now?

FolkLover1989

I love how upset everyone is lol if it had to happen to someone, glad it was to someone talented like Sabrina. Pleasant change :clap3:

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Julia Fox

• industry baby

• krustysalt

• Walk_Away21

16 hours ago, Walk_Away21 said:

So TLDR the labels are mad this new autoplay is organic and not payola'd? Not payola actually holding Sabrina back. Now that she's free, Sabrina has a CHOKEHOLD on the GP. ATRL is FUMING at their industry plants not getting their payola. @Julia Fox

Do you know the difference between words "random" and "organic"?

14 hours ago, Luckitty said:

her stans trying to convince everyone that it's an organic hit, and then call everyone "pressed" and "fuming" when they run out of arguments :rip: 

an "organic hit" that is only charting on ONE platform somehow.. and literally everyone has been saying for weeks now that spotify has been autoplaying this song for them even when they listen to different genres

it's gaining streams similar to how a mega viral song would, except it's not viral anywhere.. and viral songs chart on other platforms as well not only 1 platform

If they didn’t liked the song they would skip it but it seems like Nonsense is too good to be skipped tbh and I don’t blame them :clap3: 

52 minutes ago, popmusic said:

Do you know the difference between words "random" and "organic"?

"Labels are mad it's too random" implies before labels knew how to game the system and they are mad they can't right now.

If you meant something else, maybe work on your own English before coming for mine. If you do work for Spotify, it seems you were lucky to miss the last round of layoffs. Good luck in the future though.

Sn8JZ4T.gif

Edited by Walk_Away21

1 minute ago, Walk_Away21 said:

"Labels are mad it's too random" implies before labels knew how to game the system and they are mad they can't right now.

If you meant something else, maybe work on your own English before coming for mine.

Sn8JZ4T.gif

No thank you. I'll just wait next few days when spotify push new change to production and she's falling down the charts. It must be painful to know that a bug in the system is responsible for your success. 

Sn8JZ4T.gif

I’ve always used Autoplay and never hear this songs ? 

• ATRL Moderator
On 1/23/2023 at 10:44 PM, shelven said:

EDIT: What's even messier is I'm 100% sure I had the autoplay feature on Spotify turned off, which is why I was confused when Nonsense started playing even though I know it's been playing for others. Turns out Spotify randomly re-enabled autoplay on my account :deadbanana4:

this happened to me too (although with a different autoplay song), I quickly went back and turned it off :laugh: glad it’s mainly benefiting a great song though!

y'all are gonna have to come up with something else now...

anyways, stream nonsense song of the year

thank you brina:clap3:

Edited by handstomyseIf
autocorrect error

No one going to talk about how the song suddenly fell several spots in the new update? :deadbanana2:

WHO EVEN CARES? This is the new way to promote their artists. It's no different than payola to get artists played on radio, etc. back in the day. It is just how it is.

Good for her for having a good label or team.

• 7 months later...

Love the song but it comes on after every song I choose to play. Is that what autoplay means? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.