Nonsense gets a new streaming peak on Sunday. Is Autoplay payola too much now?

FolkLover1989

18 minutes ago, Frozen99 said:

tornado warnings / read your mind deserved!

I actually wished she would push more singles why not?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Julia Fox

• industry baby

• krustysalt

• Walk_Away21

1 minute ago, Power love said:

I actually wished she would push more singles why not?

If she was smart, she'd follow up this organic smash with a big, pop remix if Because I Liked A Boy. Think Since U Been Gone kind of chorus instead of the album version where it slows down. The SMASH she would have on her hands. I need to send Julia and Justin a glitter explosion in the mail for the production choices on the song.

ZBRTA9j.gif

3 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

If she was smart, she'd follow up this organic smash with a big, pop remix if Because I Liked A Boy. Think Since U Been Gone kind of chorus instead of the album version where it slows down. The SMASH she would have on her hands. I need to send Julia and Justin a glitter explosion in the mail for the production choices on the song.

ZBRTA9j.gif

She should honesty release “Wifey”. It screams follow up to “Nonsense”. She can just attach it to the end of emails!

Yeah, I was all for it but this is a little too much. 

2 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

Damn... at least everyone agrees that the song is this high because of autoplay but if this puts her on the radar, I'm happy for her. She's finally got a place in TTH so now autoplay is not the only thing having an impact on those numbers. 

Now she must tell her label to push the song on the radio or otherwise this won't go too far considering is nowhere to be found on youtube, iTunes, AM or any other streaming service. 

Island better collect that money and use it to fund my faves' next project. :eli: 

it's already top 30 on Pop radio, this is only getting started!

This is Spotify fault. They started using new autoplay algorithm without any warnings and trust me: labels are furious cause this works too random. 

2 hours ago, popmusic said:

This is Spotify fault. They started using new autoplay algorithm without any warnings and trust me: labels are furious cause this works too random. 

Jealousy 

I have it on my playlist and i’ve  been listening to it all day

-

oooh it feels so good I had to hit the octave, I think I got an ex, but I forgot him :loud:

Edited by inmymendes

2 hours ago, Power love said:

Jealousy 

What jealousy? That person works with Spotify company themselves. And the Spotify updates became weird. Everyone knows that. it's a fact

5 hours ago, popmusic said:

So TLDR the labels are mad this new autoplay is organic and not payola'd? Not payola actually holding Sabrina back. Now that she's free, Sabrina has a CHOKEHOLD on the GP. ATRL is FUMING at their industry plants not getting their payola. @Julia Fox

qW82HKa.gif

5 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

So TLDR the labels are mad this new autoplay is organic and not payola'd? Not payola actually holding Sabrina back. Now that she's free, Sabrina has a CHOKEHOLD on the GP. ATRL is FUMING at their industry plants not getting their payola. @Julia Fox

qW82HKa.gif

They can’t stand talented people winning, and always have a way to discredit her but she keeps winning somehow and they keep mad at this flop girl. SEE WHEN YOU ARE A TREAT spacer.png

10 hours ago, Julia Fox said:

And she’s a huge Xtina stan :WAP:

Oop, fighters are so talented :heart2:

5 hours ago, Power love said:

Jealousy 

jealousy jealousy

started following me

Just listened to Kill Bill on Spotify after searching it up individually, and Nonsense started playing as soon as it finished even though I don't have it saved :deadbanana: It's a good song and Sabrina is talented, so if this ridiculous autoplay mess had to happen to someone, then I'm glad it's her... but yeah anybody calling its Spotify rise natural or organic is either trolling or completely delusional :toofunny2:

EDIT: What's even messier is I'm 100% sure I had the autoplay feature on Spotify turned off, which is why I was confused when Nonsense started playing even though I know it's been playing for others. Turns out Spotify randomly re-enabled autoplay on my account :deadbanana4:

her stans trying to convince everyone that it's an organic hit, and then call everyone "pressed" and "fuming" when they run out of arguments :rip: 

an "organic hit" that is only charting on ONE platform somehow.. and literally everyone has been saying for weeks now that spotify has been autoplaying this song for them even when they listen to different genres

it's gaining streams similar to how a mega viral song would, except it's not viral anywhere.. and viral songs chart on other platforms as well not only 1 platform

15 hours ago, Taylena said:

So this is payola but not Flowers doing almost 20M streams for a whole week?  AM is a local app and most users belong to demographics that wouldn't be streaming Sabrina's music. 

Both are sus. Algorithm is the new payola, TikTok her power! 

she never comes up on my Spotify radio! but it's maybe shes not an Australian rapper :gaycat7:

who cares, it was OWED to her

she should have had the hit last year but the boomers in her label werent pushing ha

For what it’s worth… I heard the song on radio randomly early this month and starting hearing snippets of it on social media, so I started playing it a lot more on Spotify the last couple of weeks. So payola or not, I do think maybe it is gaining steam in some capacity 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.