Sam Smith SNL Live (Unholy,Gloria)

Sweetestsecret

Kim’s mic was ON this time :clap3:

drag the outfits all you want but the voice is still there :clap3: 

Vocally their best Unholy performance to date, pleased to see Kim delivering. Gloria was a choice let's just say that.

the outfits are perfect, keep it up sam! 🦫

Gloria kind of felt like a waste of an SNL performance. Would've been nice to do maybe 20 seconds of it as an intro to another song.

Good performance from Kim

11 hours ago, justinxx said:

Gloria kind of felt like a waste of an SNL performance. Would've been nice to do maybe 20 seconds of it as an intro to another song.

Exactly 

On 1/21/2023 at 11:48 PM, Orsay said:

Unholy ate a bit I can't lie

Kim musta been holding ha breath in there...:oh:

You know what… :toofunny2:

OT: Kim was cute, she chewed a bit :clap3:

This might be showing my age a bit (even though I’m still in my early 20’s lol) but when I first discovered this website as a teenager in like 2014, this performance would’ve 100% been dragged to hell and back. 💀

I’m sorry, but is this really what live performances have come to nowadays from the supposed biggest names in the music industry? No, I’m not criticizing it because it’s super feminine, if Sam sang and performed their ass off I would be praising it, but this just sounds and feels so… awkward college open mic night/gay bar karaoke? I haven’t watched televised music performances in YEARS, and coming across this honestly just reminds me why I gave up. The second performance is an aural MESS as far as the audio mixing goes — the volume levels are all over the place and several people are out of sync timing-wise lol

I say this as someone who really enjoyed Sam Smith and supported their music for years. I thought it was super cool how their voice could sound just as killer on an EDM track as it could a ballad, and they almost always killed it with the live performances.

Good for Sam and Kim for getting their first #1 on the Hot 100, but this performance is just so awkwardly amateur, especially for two singers that have proven in the past that they have legit pipes. I guess it’s sort of hard to wrap my head around that THIS is the general standard and that casual listeners genuinely don’t find this performance to be mediocre… Don’t get me wrong, it’s nothing personal towards them, award show/late night show performances from most artists have been subpar for years, but I guess I sort of expected everyone to ramp it up and really bring it once the peak of COVID died down, yet we’re in 2023 now and it still seems like a lot of the mainstream musical acts we’ve been used to for the past decade are exhausted and passionless, on top of a noticeable lack of exciting fresh new ones that are able to truly break out on a mainstream level long-term and not just for two weeks on Tik Tok :/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.