Music Acts Who Went Far Despite Little Talent

GraceRandolph

1 minute ago, iammadmat said:

As if most pop music isn’t about sex and every single pop artist knows how to read music, just say you hate reggaeton and call it a day. 

at least the majority of the pop girls can at least play an instrument or work their asses off to put a good show with dance and something more than be on stand next to a microphone like a statue or just walking on the stage like they are on their house and you can’t say otherwise about reggaeton artists… I like reggaeton artists a lot like Rauw, Daddy Yankee, Karol G, Bad Bunny, Ivy Queen, Arcangel, Paloma Mami, Becky G, Natti Natasha and some from my country but that doesn’t mean that I can’t find their shows boring and their musical knowledge and input minimum for the most part 

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rihannafan

• lonnie

• aesthetic bih

• GraceRandolph

1 minute ago, Julia Fox said:

at least the majority of the pop girls can at least play an instrument or work their asses off to put a good show with dance and something more than be on stand next to a microphone like a statue or just walking on the stage like they are on their house and you can’t say otherwise about reggaeton artists… I like reggaeton artists a lot like Rauw, Daddy Yankee, Karol G, Bad Bunny, Ivy Queen, Arcangel, Paloma Mami, Becky G, Natti Natasha and some from my country but that doesn’t mean that I can’t find their shows boring and their musical knowledge and input minimum for the most part 

The majority of pop artist have mediocre performing skills, they just try to hide it with production and props (not a talent), most of them can’t even play an ukelele, not even as charismatic as the reggaeton artist you mentioned, i get your point and i agree to some extent but they’re definitely not the least talented kind of artist out there, especially compared to current pop artist. 

17 minutes ago, iammadmat said:

The majority of pop artist have mediocre performing skills, they just try to hide it with production and props (not a talent), most of them can’t even play an ukelele, not even as charismatic as the reggaeton artist you mentioned, i get your point and i agree to some extent but they’re definitely not the least talented kind of artist out there, especially compared to current pop artist. 

well but artists like Katy, Rihanna, Dua and Jlo have been mentioned on this thread for like 90% of users so I named different artists because I don’t get why I would put their names again. Anyway this thread is not named “The Best Example Music Act Who Went Far Despite Little Talent” so I don’t get why I can’t name some reggaeton artists because you can’t tell they went far because they have talent please 

Edited by Julia Fox

1 minute ago, Julia Fox said:

well but artists like Katy, Rihanna, Dua and Jlo have been mentioned on this thread for like 90% of users so I named different artists because I don’t get why I would put their names again. Anyway this thread is not named “The Best Example Music Act Who Went Far Despite Little Talent” so I don’t get why I can’t name some reggaeton artists because you can’t tell they went far because they have talent please 

A lot of the reggaeton artist you mentioned are music producers as well, so they made it far due to talent, some

pop acts couldn’t have made it if they didn’t have their music written and produced by other people but you’re absolutely right 

Just now, iammadmat said:

A lot of the reggaeton artist you mentioned are music producers as well, so they made it far due to talent, some

pop acts couldn’t have made it if they didn’t have their music written and produced by other people but you’re absolutely right 

well that was my mistake, Daddy and Don Omar are producers and all so they didn’t fit with what i said but are Maluma and Nicky talented? Are you gonna tell me that? My point is still valid. The majority of reggaeton artists don’t have talent or made far with the minimum. It’s all about having an ear for hits and that’s why reggaeton is all over the radios. Not because of their productions, vocals or deep lyrics and incredible shows their artists put. 

anyway I’m sorry for putting Daddy and Don Omar names, i didn’t knew they were their own producers on some of their works and they clearly write their songs, some of them alone, that’s the reason I didn’t put Bad Bunny's name on my post, because i knew he writes a lot by his songs alone. That was my fault 

8 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

well that was my mistake, Daddy and Don Omar are producers and all so they didn’t fit with what i said but are Maluma and Nicky talented? Are you gonna tell me that? My point is still valid. The majority of reggaeton artists don’t have talent or made far with the minimum. It’s all about having an ear for hits and that’s why reggaeton is all over the radios. Not because of their productions, vocals or deep lyrics and incredible shows their artists put. 

anyway I’m sorry for putting Daddy and Don Omar names, i didn’t knew they were their own producers on some of their works and they clearly write their songs, some of them alone, that’s the reason I didn’t put Bad Bunny's name on my post, because i knew he writes a lot by his songs alone. That was my fault 

Yes, Maluma and nicky are probably the selena and Katy perry of reggaeton so yes, you’re absolutely right 

Selena Gomez

Pitbull

Taylor Swift

Rita Ora (luv her tho)

Christina Milian

Most of them. Music industry is based around looks. If the artist stands out on something (despite of how mediocre it could be) the GP praises it to heaven :rip:

The way Taylor and Rihanna stans mention one or the other is funny because both of them spent 10 years giving mediocre vocal performances before they could even learn how to stay on key :redface:

Per this thread the entire music industry is untalented :cm:

Taylor Swift.

Biggest fluke in music history.

Selena. She literally can’t write, sing, or play anything. I like her outside of music, though. 

11 minutes ago, EnterTheAttic said:

Taylor Swift.

Biggest fluke in music history.

Taylor Swift is definitely the answer.

She was lucky to debut in the mid aughts, if you were in middle school at the time, her career makes sense. 

American youth culture in 2006-2010 

would be unrecognizable to kids and teenagers today.  A twelve year old white girl in 2007 had more in common with her 1980s counterpart, fitting in was in.

In 2023, young people measure social capital by what makes them unique. They celebrate their differences, and publicize what makes them special. 

In 2006, the opposite was true, peculiarity was ostracized while “normal” was idolized.

Taylor swift was a straight, blonde, all American, southern twanged prom queen idol who girls could still imagine being nice to them in the hall. Her weak voice was mimicked with ease. Visually, she was the popular girl to rule every small town, while her songs and interviews evoked the average unremarkable awkward wallflower every tween girl relates to.

Small town southern Americana was the fetish of the day. In 2005, a curly headed blonde by the name of Carrie Underwood had already popularized country pop with approachable hit songs about small town heartbreak and scorned young love. Swifts sound and image of was packaged nearly identically.

It was an era when women were celebrated for acting much younger than they were, Paris Hilton and her baby voice may just have been the most famous figure on earth in 2006. Paris also bolstered the popularity of “small town white trash americana”, an aesthetic trend whose irony was lost on Taylor’s young demographic. At 17, Swift released an album of songs written with the immaturity of an 11 year old. These songs struck gold with that pre-teen demographic, and the culture at large accepted her infantilized presence as par for the milieu. 

The video for her first single was pure inoffensive conservative southern kitsch, it could have been filmed in the same town as The Simple Life season 1. 

Her thick southern twang even resonated with the coastal city kids of the era who wished to emulate the “normal” simplicity of middle class flyover USA. She is undeniably a product of George Bushes America. And just like that president, her accent was completely contrived. 

Taylor Swift cannot sing, cannot dance, cannot act, and cannot progress beyond the 11th grade musically.  She allows a rabid fanbase she has furiously cultivated for almost 20 years to feel ok about their own arrested development. They are ok because their idol hasn’t progressed far beyond middle school either. 

She made conservative whites feel seen and represented in a world they perceive as increasingly hostile to their supremacy. Her success, despite a complete lack of talent and rampant mediocrity, allows for unremarkable and below average whites to feel justified in their own unwarranted privileges and comforts.

In turn, they reward her for rationalizing their own unearned positions. 

The snake who eats her own tail, Taylor is the tail, her most pugnacious fans are the head. 

She surpassed Carrie Underwood because Taylor can’t really sing or perform.

The entire phenomenon is truly a product of right image for the right time. And now that she’s established, she’s lucky enough to resonate with the most reliable demographic. There will always be mediocre people who want their unexceptional blandness justified. 

@Julia Fox I wanna say Karol G in particular is a very good live performer. I've been to her concert in MSG and she sang and danced. She had great energy. Of course production was great too but I don't think she has 'little talent' at all. 

On 1/22/2023 at 1:55 PM, Wrecked said:

Victoria Beckham 

Cheryl Cole

Frankie from The Saturdays 

Poor Frankie it’s not like the other members were great vocalists. I mean Mollie was also very weak vocally (even though i love her solo stuff). 

stream what about us

3 hours ago, lostcause said:

She was lucky to debut in the mid aughts, if you were in middle school at the time, her career makes sense. 

would be unrecognizable to kids and teenagers today.  A twelve year old white girl in 2007 had more in common with her 1980s counterpart, fitting in was in.

In 2023, young people measure social capital by what makes them unique. They celebrate their differences, and publicize what makes them special. 

In 2006, the opposite was true, peculiarity was ostracized while “normal” was idolized.

Taylor swift was a straight, blonde, all American, southern twanged prom queen idol who girls could still imagine being nice to them in the hall. Her weak voice was mimicked with ease. Visually, she was the popular girl to rule every small town, while her songs and interviews evoked the average unremarkable awkward wallflower every tween girl relates to.

Small town southern Americana was the fetish of the day. In 2005, a curly headed blonde by the name of Carrie Underwood had already popularized country pop with approachable hit songs about small town heartbreak and scorned young love. Swifts sound and image of was packaged nearly identically.

It was an era when women were celebrated for acting much younger than they were, Paris Hilton and her baby voice may just have been the most famous figure on earth in 2006. Paris also bolstered the popularity of “small town white trash americana”, an aesthetic trend whose irony was lost on Taylor’s young demographic. At 17, Swift released an album of songs written with the immaturity of an 11 year old. These songs struck gold with that pre-teen demographic, and the culture at large accepted her infantilized presence as par for the milieu. 

The video for her first single was pure inoffensive conservative southern kitsch, it could have been filmed in the same town as The Simple Life season 1. 

Her thick southern twang even resonated with the coastal city kids of the era who wished to emulate the “normal” simplicity of middle class flyover USA. She is undeniably a product of George Bushes America. And just like that president, her accent was completely contrived. 

Taylor Swift cannot sing, cannot dance, cannot act, and cannot progress beyond the 11th grade musically.  She allows a rabid fanbase she has furiously cultivated for almost 20 years to feel ok about their own arrested development. They are ok because their idol hasn’t progressed far beyond middle school either. 

She made conservative whites feel seen and represented in a world they perceive as increasingly hostile to their supremacy. Her success, despite a complete lack of talent and rampant mediocrity, allows for unremarkable and below average whites to feel justified in their own unwarranted privileges and comforts.

The snake who eats her own tail, Taylor is the tail, her most pugnacious fans are the head. 

The entire phenomenon is truly a product of right image for the right time. And now that she’s established, she’s lucky enough to resonate with the most reliable demographic. There will always be mediocre people who want their unexceptional blandness justified. 

:bibliahh:

3 hours ago, lostcause said:

You're still a lifeless pathetic loser, I see.

Im astonished you are still showing face after the unprecedented pannings of Nuclear Bomb which I thought wiped off your superiority complex since you weren't writing many posts after that.

Well...

4 hours ago, lostcause said:

Talk about arrested development as if Fadga's despicable stans aren't acting like rabid animals doing comical dance routines and calling themselves little monsters which is appropriate btw :ahh:  No amount of essays will change the fact that Fadga is a fad whose desperation was demonstrated  by clinging on to a song from 2010 going viral cause her recent output arent doing anything to save her musical career lmao

5 hours ago, lostcause said:

Omg. Wow. 

Can't say several points weren't made. 

Among the popular acts right now definitely Selena Gomez, can't sing or dance, and her acting isn't that good. She has a beautiful face & a sweet personality, I'll give her that, but there's nothing going on with her other than that.  

5 hours ago, lostcause said:

Imagine writing a long essay full of delusion and lies :ahh:are you ok? 

6 hours ago, lostcause said:

This essay :WAP:

The hold Taylor has on ATRL :jonny5:

7 hours ago, Heidi Montag said:

Poor Frankie it’s not like the other members were great vocalists. I mean Mollie was also very weak vocally (even though i love her solo stuff). 

stream what about us

I feel like this sums her up well… :gaycat6:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.