Drake
Flo Rida
Jessica Simpson
Kanye West
Lil Wayne
Pitbull
Selena Gomez

31 minutes ago, rihannafan said:

YouTube is free. There are thousands of videos where she is singing very well. 

This thread is straight out of 2010 :laugh:

Rihanna is a mediocre vocalist and a hit and miss. Plus she just mimics the melodies of the original singer in her demos.

1 hour ago, lonnie said:

Taylor can't sing worth a damn, her voice has little redeeming qualities and moves with the rhythm and flexibility of a twig, literally has no charismatic qualities and comes off as cringe and try hard whenever she attempts to be funny or cool. Her rich parents and label did put her in songwriting camp with industry veterans so it paid off but otherwise.

She got a publishing deal before she got signed, try again :bam:

1 hour ago, ninasayers said:

Literally everyone who named Rihanna is a swiftie.:rip: Obsessed!

you’d think they’d have some taste and be a fan like their fave is :rip:

OT: Britney comes to mind 

Rihanna can sing. Voice with so much personality that is lacking in alot of singers today. So Idk what y’all are talking about. 

Ava Max CAN sing. So not her

OT: Britney I think, she used to be a good dancer but it was 10+ years ago 

Selena cant sing, but her songs are all good. 

2 hours ago, Eternium said:

It’s Coldplay and BTS.

Will Champion alone can play more instruments than half of ATRL's faves combined, be serious.

OT: Rihanna.

Scott Borchetta

Rihanna.

Atleast the other writing camp girls try to instill some of their own creativity in the songs. Even Selena Gomez changes the range and dynamics of the song so she can sing it without much difficulty.

But then there is Rih.

A glorified karaoke singer who repeats everything she hears like a mockingbird without changing a single thing.

Examples:

She copied sia so bad that most people thought sia's hits are sung by rihanna lmao.

She tried so hard to emulate ester and almost succeeded but the unique rasp in ester's voice makes it sound slightly different.

Rihanna copied everything from the laughter in the beginning to the very expression in the second verse but crystle was hitting higher notes in a higher pitch. can't copy everything lol.

We don't have the demo for consideration but you can hear SZA all over that song.

It is not exclusive to female singers. She stole his vibe and failed to bring her own.

She added a cover of this song but you cannot find a single difference between this and her version like what's the point of making a cover if you are not going to make it your own?

Edited by Scott Borchetta

Jennifer Lopez has zero musical talent. i do think she's a good actress so there's that :cm:

3 hours ago, deej said:

Jennifer Lopez comes to mind.

Jennifer had been on constant improvement when it comes to her voice. She worked on it and you can tell her releases in recent years are sung much nicer than earlier records. 

3 hours ago, Mtjjproducer said:

:bibliahh:Cause you know it was coming. I can’t keep seeing star search video as proof of her vocal ability. It’s either that, the musical theater clip from childhood. Or the clip of her singing singing silent night which was average at best. It’s always the same three clips from the early to mid 90s

I think Britney can sing, but when she sings, she does so as 'Britney Spears' rather than utilizing proper and healthy singing techniques, so her voice cracks and her delivery is shaky. There's live clips of her singing 'You Oughta Know' in 2009 and 'Something to Talk About' in 2017 and she does fine for someone who isn't known to be a singer. 

cardi b and lil nas x are two of the least talented artists in the history of music. can’t sing, can’t rap, can’t write, solely coasting by based on their personalities and social media presence, both of which are annoying. literally just meme artists :jonny5:

4 hours ago, lonnie said:

Taylor can't sing worth a damn, her voice has little redeeming qualities and moves with the rhythm and flexibility of a twig, literally has no charismatic qualities and comes off as cringe and try hard whenever she attempts to be funny or cool. Her rich parents and label did put her in songwriting camp with industry veterans so it paid off but otherwise.

This:clap3:

People who go to her concerts must feel like they went to some drunk karaoke night.

2 hours ago, aesthetic bih said:

Rihanna is a mediocre vocalist and a hit and miss. Plus she just mimics the melodies of the original singer in her demos.

Is she mediocre, ie can't sing, or just inconsistent? You don't even know what your point is.

People bring up demos but it really says something how much better she makes every single one of those songs sound. Rihanna is blessed with an amazing unique vocie and that is the definition of talent. 

Someone with no talent just doesn't make an album as good as Anti.

2 hours ago, Scott Borchetta said:

Rihanna.

Atleast the other writing camp girls try to instill some of their own creativity in the songs. Even Selena Gomez changes the range and dynamics of the song so she can sing it without much difficulty.

But then there is Rih.

A glorified karaoke singer who repeats everything she hears like a mockingbird without changing a single thing.

Examples:

She copied sia so bad that most people thought sia's hits are sung by rihanna lmao.

She tried so hard to emulate ester and almost succeeded but the unique rasp in ester's voice makes it sound slightly different.

Rihanna copied everything from the laughter in the beginning to the very expression in the second verse but crystle was hitting higher notes in a higher pitch. can't copy everything lol.

We don't have the demo for consideration but you can hear SZA all over that song.

It is not exclusive to female singers. She stole his vibe and failed to bring her own.

She added a cover of this song but you cannot find a single difference between this and her version like what's the point of making a cover if you are not going to make it your own?

Again, every single one of those songs sounds a LOT better with Rihanna. Sounds like talent to me. 

It's so funny how people claim rihanna can mimic so many styles and genres and voices like a chameleon so seamlessly and flawlessly and yet she's not talented vocally :laugh: 

All the untalented people in here trying to be edgy by saying Rihanna, Taylor, Britney etc. like it’s okay to not like their work but clearly they have plenty of talent. 

Jack Harlow

Post Malone

Rihanna is like the textbook definition of this. :rip:

Selena

Britney

Taylor (but at the very least she has her pen)

Rihanna

I'm judging them based on their singing abilities because after all they "singers"

Cardi B, Rihanna and Bieber to some extent , the success doesn't match the level of talent

Rihanna of course 

She can’t write, can’t sing, can’t play any music instrument.

at least Katy and Britney can write and play music instrument 

3 hours ago, Mtjjproducer said:

:bibliahh:Cause you know it was coming. I can’t keep seeing star search video as proof of her vocal ability. It’s either that, the musical theater clip from childhood. Or the clip of her singing singing silent night which was average at best. It’s always the same three clips from the early to mid 90s

Britney's main talent were her performing skills, thats why she was a mega star in her peak years, ever since she lost her drive and her performances became less stellar, her success also became mild, the FF Tour basically killed her career so the singles from that era were her final real hits from her discography.

She's not a vocalist, but she's an ok singer, she doesn't write all her music like Taylor or Mariah, but she does write and composes using melody, and she used to play piano (by ear), so calling her talentless is a reach.

You can take this as a grain of salt since I don't agree these are all her best vocals, but it's a compilation video so whatever. Just to show you there are more than he examples you described :skull:

This ended up being Someday (I Will Understand)

IMO she needs to learn a singing technique, because she does the most when she wants to sound like a vocalist and ends up sounding shaky. :gaycat6:

OT: Not to drag or anything but i guess my answer is Selena Gomez, i can enjoy some songs but it doesn't seem like she writes (As seen in Gwen's recently leaked demo of THWWIW), she's not a vocalist, she doesn't play instruments or has ever been a performer.

I don't really enjoy JLo but she's a great performer :michael:

28 minutes ago, rihannafan said:

Is she mediocre, ie can't sing, or just inconsistent? You don't even know what your point is.

People bring up demos but it really says something how much better she makes every single one of those songs sound. Rihanna is blessed with an amazing unique vocie and that is the definition of talent. 

Someone with no talent just doesn't make an album as good as Anti.

Mediocre means she has little talent, so my point still stand. Have you read the thread title? And I didn't say she can't sing, I said she was a hit and miss. Pls stop with this mental gymnastics. 

I actually prefer the Ester Dean versions because they are more authentic, but whatever. Unique voice doesn't mean she is good at singing, like I said her musical capabilities is limited. I didn't say she had NO TALENT. You get that now? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.