Top Posters In This Topic

• N.M.K.

• OnMyCoolJ

• Lovett

• Shelter

1 hour ago, Digitalism said:

There's Shakiras and Duas in this world and Beyonces 

We all know who use communities for a quick buck and who make a stand 

Both Shakira and Dua Lipa have performed in Dubai before.

10 hours ago, Yuanyu said:

Or maybe they just have principles and won't do anything for money

sure :bibliahh:

imagine thinking any millionaire superstar has principles 

21 hours ago, N.M.K. said:

this 1960s low bar. Are we really saying it’s acceptable to have to only be gay in the shadows? And it’s not just about sex. It’s not being allowed to speak up for gay rights or advocacy.  No familial or speech protections. Jail time if caught or reported to be having consensual sex.  And you’re trying to explain that away as acceptable? Yikes.

I never said it was okay. I responded to your implying that gays live some sort of difficult life where they're persecuted... they're not. :skull: 

As for what's acceptable, that's up to gay Emiratis, not you. Your viewpoint is completely ethnocentric. If you ask gay citizens conservative countries what they believe, they'll say that they think LGBT politics  PDA and anything done in public is completely unnecessary. It's no different from the gays on ATRL who say LGBT pride events are awful and say "why do they need to know?!?!?!" when the topic of coming out public arises. I don't agree, but I don't shove my opinions and force my way of life on others.

21 hours ago, A.R.L said:

Imagine believing that :deadbanana2:

Nobody cares about the queens in Riyadh? What are u going to tell me next, that u attended a gay pride there and no one cared? 

Again as long as you're at a private party indoors and no one calls the cops, you'll be fine, if you get caught then it's game over..

I know a filipino femboy who was giving a warning letter by their employer in dubai for painting their nails only.. Yes, there is homophobia everywhere, but not at all like in conservative countries where even the law cannot protect u from it, we can tell the difference, it's not even arguable :rip:

A warning letter from an employer? That's your evidence of persecution? That's what gays who work at Forever 21 and H&M used to get right here in LA and NYC in the past decade (and still do in more conservatives parts of the US) before recent legislation. :deadbanana2:

And he didn't receive that letter because he's femme. He got it because he painted his nails.

That said, I agree with your last point. There are no laws to protect you, which is awful. But is it as bad as these morons who have never traveled in their lives are pretending? No, it's not.

Edited by Inverted

23 hours ago, OnMyCoolJ said:

Funny there was no topic when Mother of the gays Kylie Minogue performed there 3 weeks ago. 

Whaaaat? Is this a joke?

On 1/22/2023 at 6:54 PM, OnMyCoolJ said:

Funny there was no topic when Mother of the gays Kylie Minogue performed there 3 weeks ago. 

The Queen of gays performed there and no one batted an eye. 

Case closed. 

Edited by Pepo

19 hours ago, Digitalism said:

There's Shakiras and Duas in this world and Beyonces 

We all know who use communities for a quick buck and who make a stand 

Uh... both Shakira and Dua have performed in the UAE.

And Shakira has collaborated with artists who have wished death and AIDS on gays:

I not saying it's right for Bey to do this but this "pick me" energy coming from people especially Americans...ESPECIALLY stans of faves that have performed there before is very telling. 💅🏾

1 hour ago, taipei said:

Beyoncé is a hypocrite and was never a real supporter of the gay community

Sounds like virtually none of ATRL's faves are supporters of the gay community then. :michael:

Dont tell me yall are comparing the US to the UAE and arab countries when it comes to LGBT Rights.. :rip:

3 hours ago, taipei said:

Whaaaat? Is this a joke?

Which part baby?

kylie performed at the old Atlantis on new years eve. 

2 hours ago, Inverted said:

Uh... both Shakira and Dua have performed in the UAE.

And Shakira has collaborated with artists who have wished death and AIDS on gays:

Well well well. 

3 hours ago, taipei said:

Beyoncé is a hypocrite and was never a real supporter of the gay community

Meanwhile on her invite list. 

Not big deal and surprising.

She has never stood out for being actually supportive and outspoken when it comes to the LGBTQ+ community, her contribute has always been minimal or  oppurtunistic, done in convenient times for her public persona like when they gave to her and her husband that undeserved GLAAD award.

59 minutes ago, OnMyCoolJ said:

Which part baby?

Was it also a private event? 

She can do whatever she wants, it is still extremely embarrassing to ignore your fans completely for months just to give a private concert for select rich people in a country thats thousands of miles away from her home. 

The music is good but her decisions have been extremely questionable for years now 

56 minutes ago, CovalentBondage said:

Was it also a private event? 

Because it being a private event or not suddenly means it's not in the homophobic country/city you're complaining about, right? :rip: The hoops you're all jumping through to excuse your hypocrisy is hysterical.

2 hours ago, OnMyCoolJ said:

Which part baby?

Well **** you Kylie! I trusted you.

On 1/21/2023 at 2:37 PM, TanjiroKamado said:

Beyonce doesnt care about the LGBT community

Exactly. She’s a fraud. And she’s so fat.

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

Because it being a private event or not suddenly means it's not in the homophobic country/city you're complaining about, right? :rip: The hoops you're all jumping through to excuse your hypocrisy is hysterical.

It definitely makes a difference. This isn't a hoop. These countries have queer people living in them that are fans of artists who shouldn't be completely ignored because of their shitty countries government. My husband who grew up in Lebanon was able to see some of his favourite artists who would visit to perform. Doing a private event just to make money and perform for elitist is definitely a choice. 

Not to mention the people working event orchestra and dancers are paid literally regular salary for events like this and treated like garbage. 

Edited by CovalentBondage

Beyoncé

Mariah Carey

Lady Gaga

Britney Spears

Kylie Minogue

Madonna

Christina Aguilera

They ALL HAVE PERFORMED in the UAE, so don't come here and say Beyoncé is different than the rest. We stan celebrities for **** sake, they couldn't care less about gay rights if that means saying no a big fat check. Get a grip of reality people.

I am gay and I live in a very homophobic country. Luckily there are no laws prohibiting in here but the population in general is very homophobic. And I think Beyonce should perform in Dubai. Gays who live in privileged Western countries have no say in this. (like majority of posters here who are trying to make a big deal out of it)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.