Miley smashing hard and breaking records with no gimmicks, discounts or remixes. Why?

naval23

2 minutes ago, naval23 said:

Yes also the song that reached #1 in more countries (15) than Tay's 2 biggest 2010s singles Blank Space (7) and Shake It Off (7) combined and it's not even in Rihanna's top 2 of the decade by success but congrats to the album track I guess 

cardigan hit #1 in the US, higher than Rihanna singles like Don't Stop the Music, Pon de Replay and others. Does that mean it's a bigger US hit than those songs?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• naval23

• WildHeart

• TanjiroKamado

• The Music Industry

Not people bringing up the Liam Hemsworth argument in a thread that's supposed to poke fun at Taylor Swift, the reigning queen of writing songs about famous ex boyfriends in her early beginnings 

2 minutes ago, 4Real said:

cardigan hit #1 in the US, higher than Rihanna singles like Don't Stop the Music, Pon de Replay and others. Does that mean it's a bigger US hit than those songs?

there's a difference - Only Girl wasn't a Cardigan with 0 longevity. 

1 hour ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Taylor also smashed hard and broke records in week 1 with no gimmicks, discounts, or remixes. Remixes didn’t come until weeks 3 and 4 for Anti Hero. :rip: And it was sharing streams/attention with the other 19 album tracks. Y’all ask such silly questions.

:gaylorcat1:

5 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

Thanks for confirming :heart:

you're welcome boo boo :bird:

Just now, naval23 said:

there's a difference - Only Girl wasn't a Cardigan with 0 longevity. 

My point is a song hitting #1 doesn't mean it's a bigger hit.

1 minute ago, 4Real said:

My point is a song hitting #1 doesn't mean it's a bigger hit.

Yes by using an extreme example that doesn't apply to Only Girl 

She's a genuinely nice person and she's topping the charts with a genuinely nice song, which is a rare combination these days. The GP is rooting for her and that's more powerful than any remix, 10 versions, vinyls and all that ****.

Edited by ToMmY

Just now, naval23 said:

Yes by using an extreme example that doesn't apply to Only Girl 

Only Girl is still not bigger than any Taylor song ever. You can say Umbrella and WFL and I'll agree with you, anyways.

Taylor stans fuming in here :rip: They cant accept that there are MPGs who can hit #1 without a ton of remixes or gimmicks :coffee:

It's called talent which seems to be surprising a lot of ATRLers :clap:

Organic smash!!!

Alsooo seee when you leave trash RCA records.... Columbia is doing a fantastic job

honestly, it's crazy cause yeah the song is good but I don't think it's THAT good and yeah people on tik tok are talking about it, but I didn't know that they talking SO much about it

anyways, I guess the GP just liked the song and people are just rooting for Miley in general

3 minutes ago, TanjiroKamado said:

Taylor stans fuming in here :rip: They cant accept that there are MPGs who can hit #1 without a ton of remixes or gimmicks :coffee:

The way they ran in here and then randomly started dragging Gaga too :bibliahh:

Miley and Gaga are two of the most loved and relevant MPGs to the GP and that’s why they live rent free in the minds of Taylor stans. They’re reaching BTS levels of annoying with their chart placement rants and statistics, no one cares go outside :biblio:

7 minutes ago, TanjiroKamado said:

And we all confirmed that Gaga isn't one of them while Taylor and Miley are 

katy-perry-one-love-manchester.gif

Edited by Artistofthedecade

2 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

The way they ran in here and then randomly started dragging Gaga too :bibliahh:

Miley and Gaga are two of the most loved and relevant MPGs to the GP and that’s why they live rent free in the minds of Taylor stans. They’re reaching BTS levels of annoying with their chart placement rants and statistics, no one cares go outside :biblio:

Not surprising seeing how chart-obsessed their fave is

Edited by TanjiroKamado

Just now, TanjiroKamado said:

Not surprising seen how chart-obsessed their fave is

1 minute ago, Artistofthedecade said:

And we all confirmed that Gaga isn't one of them while Taylor is 

Stupid Love didnt have remixes or gimmicks

21 minutes ago, doonerr said:

Not people bringing up the Liam Hemsworth argument in a thread that's supposed to poke fun at Taylor Swift, the reigning queen of writing songs about famous ex boyfriends in her early beginnings 

And now you have SZA, Shakira and Miley doing the same thing and smashing with no one shaming them as they did with Taylor. You could say she was a... trayl-blazer! :wave2:

Edited by KillingYourCareer

Btw if I were a Rihanna fan I wouldn't come for remixes and discounts when my fave has dropped 10 versions of her single with discounts and massive radio payola just to debut at #2 against Taylor's 2nd week, without any of the remixes you like to drag so much. I guess having Only Girl (in the World) reach #1 in 15 countries in 2010 didn't help her with her highly awaited and promoted comeback :lakitu:

OT: congrats to Miley.

6 minutes ago, TanjiroKamado said:

Stupid Love didnt have remixes or gimmicks

And it didn't hit #1 either (currently getting outstreamed by almost 100 Taylor album tracks daily too) 

Edited by Artistofthedecade

2 minutes ago, 4Real said:

Btw if I were a Rihanna fan I wouldn't come for remixes and discounts when my fave has dropped 10 versions of her single with discounts and massive radio payola just to debut at #2 against Taylor's 2nd week, without any of the remixes you like to drag so much. I guess having Only Girl (in the World) reach #1 in 15 countries in 2010 didn't help her with her highly awaited and promoted comeback :lakitu:

OT: congrats to Miley.

Drag her for it all you want! It's say more about you than us  :lakitu:

3 minutes ago, 4Real said:

Btw if I were a Rihanna fan

But you're a swifler so

1 hour ago, By the Water said:

It's crazy. If you told me two years ago that Miley would end up bigger than Adele I would've laughed in your face

How is she bigger than Adele because of ONE song that’s also outstreaming Anti-Hero? :deadbanana4:

Even if her album somehow outdoes 30, she still has a long way to go before she catches up. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.