Golden Hit: Season 3 πŸ“€ Congrats to TruGemini! ✨

fountain

16 minutes ago, fountain said:

Naur it’s true, I can I still hear your vocaloid song in my head :jonnycat:Β so catchy!

Going to go a different route this time me thinks and develop a new character to write through

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Legend E

• Invisibility

20 hours ago, fountain said:

@mxtthewdelrey - Not again

This feels like one of your most mature and most poetic songs to me, I completely love your lyricism and wording here. In particular, to specifically praise some passages, the third and fourth verse are like pure poetry to me. I think this is a really good take on the theme this round, and I love this personal, individualist look at things through the eyes, the emotions and the experiences of the narrator, which I found easy to connect to. While some of the emotions being portrayed are relatable and easy to understand, I love that you have framed the song in a unique way, with which your lyrics never fall into generic or common territory (though, this is something that can always be said of you as a writer, one of your biggest strengths in my opinion!). I also particularly like that although this song is very much from the emotional perspective of the narrator, it also features some commentary on the outside, for examples with the lines about the postman, which I think are timely and resonant with what is currently going on - and the overall state - of this island we (unfortunately) call home! And, personally, I did find this song to be quite hopeful even though it mentioned and was aware of past trauma. It felt to me that the song was coming from the perspective of somebody who has been through so much, that they are uncertain or slightly anxious at the concept of a new year, yet still want to remain somewhat optimistic because the truth is that you never know what life has in store (β€œcould this year be one of facial rising? if perplexing, or if days of laugh and smiling”), even though it may come from a place of questioning due to that uncertainty I still found that to be the main message to me, personally, and I felt that it was one that was layered and I really appreciated it. Overall, this is a wonderful entry, certainly a poignant one and a standout amongst your work, I feel. If this is what you have in store for us this season, then I am excited, and believe it will be a good year after all!

Your ability to understand my emotions so astutely is a rare gift I have endless gratitude for. Thank you for grasping the meaning behind the lines that I wrote - you got what I wanted to say, some of which I didn't even realise myself. And I love that u point out my postman verse! This island is mystifying !Β I could cry a lot ! Thank you thank you thank you

Β 

Β 

5 hours ago, Kylie Jenner said:

Love this new challenge. I've been saying that AI and music/songwriting go hand in hand for so long!

3 hours ago, Kylie Jenner said:

Going to go a different route this time me thinks and develop a new character to write through

*****, it's the serve. I'm glad you're loving (and potentially going to submit for?) this challenge because I think it'll be perfect for you! :jonny2:

2 hours ago, Hug said:

Really need to get my R1 and R2 bops made...

When you use Midjourney to generate a New Years' scene and satisfy both challenges at once, yup. :worship2:

37 minutes ago, Aurora said:

*****, it's the serve. I'm glad you're loving (and potentially going to submit for?) this challenge because I think it'll be perfect for you! :jonny2:

yes, didn't really have much inspiration for the past round but this round looks fun :)Β 

35 minutes ago, Kylie Jenner said:

yes, didn't really have much inspiration for the past round but this round looks fun :)Β 

Ava album drop getting you inspired, yup. :clap3:

Β 

This is completely fine though, GH was designed with the ability to have writers come and go as they please. Not every challenge is going to be for everyone. Excited to read what you do this round!

1 hour ago, mxtthewdelrey said:

Your ability to understand my emotions so astutely is a rare gift I have endless gratitude for. Thank you for grasping the meaning behind the lines that I wrote - you got what I wanted to say, some of which I didn't even realise myself. And I love that u point out my postman verse! This island is mystifying !Β I could cry a lot ! Thank you thank you thank you

Β 

Β 

:heart2:Β :heart2:Β :heart2:

When the depression let’s you go for a split second and you see the next challengeΒ :cupid:

Β 

2 minutes ago, Augmented said:

When the depression let’s you go for a split second and you see the next challengeΒ :cupid:

Β 

AHHHH stop the count!!

Β 

I’d be so elated if you submitted for this round :jonnycat:Β even if it serves one hit wonder and it’s only a one off, there’s definitely an Augmented sized hole to be filled.Β 
Β 

I hope you’re doing well :heart2:Β always a place here for you!

11dMoheLBwEiAej8Tx8OTtCH7oRDJdjpifbXxrqC5cMus-HVkGKQy76xCNqXCbw-Yy5sjnkGkFtw-5BTyXt0VqXAsWbR_nBb5msnXa56rZ1ry6TilDV4rsWsnIvF6uZVtybINZb4YEVGcw2tn2_b5wb4kH3jRWerGJnOG1GNgftXH52iIC1abylTPsMcxA

Round 1: New Year’s Challenge Results

Β 

Lemme start this off with a big thank you to everybody who submitted! We got to read 14 brilliant songs showcasing many different emotions, concepts and interpretations of this challenge and it was amazing to see. Personally, looking across my scores, the average that I gave was an 8.9, so I hope this shows how strong I thought this first round turned out! We’re definitely looking forward to seeing what you all write next for Round 2’s Midjourney challenge, but first let’s reveal the results for Round 1!

Β 

There are some really great debut scores this round and you’ve all shown great potential so I hope you’re proud of what you wrote and submitted no matter where it is that you rank.

Β 

Starting off first with #14 in my next post…

Β 

@Julia FoxΒ @XO_LifeΒ @Legend EΒ @8thPrinceΒ @DatChickDoeΒ @JoeAgΒ @mxtthewdelreyΒ @EuterpeΒ @InvisibilityΒ @RemmyΒ @worldwide angelΒ @beatinglikeadrumΒ @ElementΒ @TruGemini

Β 

dhV3VxZKEboXBHLLbXY0JXYjcM64w5nnB-l2fgxPM0yT5zK8419rrICYnD5E7M-U_0GFz1A-FshnmkkoqKPoNvUbqbCyhtnGaEM49IZkfhY8Zhxh1uQ1ZrjHozAmwCAfwZ5d-7nbYnhT01OTCRm2nzWXLeXYhW4Y0F_bLm8KG6ZNd2h22dvZw7iluMUQJg

Edited by fountain

1 minute ago, mxtthewdelrey said:

we have arrived

Β 

shutterstock_editorial_13273328fy-5.jpg?fit=800,1200&quality=86&strip=all

Β 

Β 

Β 

1 minute ago, Legend E said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

At #14 with a score of 6.68…

Β 

@beatinglikeadrum with β€œThe beginning.”!

Β 

While this first round might not have worked out the best for you, you’ve shown your writing capability and your potential so well in the past, even scoring a #1 last season, and I can’t wait to see you return to that again when the challenge and timing is hopefully more fitting!

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, fountain said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

this MASTERPIECE though

At #13 with a score of 6.9…

Β 

@Julia Fox with β€œFree (World’s Prettiest B*tch)”!

Β 

One thing about you Julia, is that you will always stand out as a writer, and this song was no exception. I always love getting to read your writing and this song was filled with so much entertaining, carefree attitude. I look forward to your future songs, and manifest seeing you higher in the rankings!

At #12 with a score of 7.27…

Β 

@XO_Life with β€œAgathist”!

Β 

This song was a bold and hopeful spin on your Evilist narrative and it was great getting to see the continuation of this story. This is a great debut score for the season and I’m hopeful to only see you go even higher as the rounds continue!

• ATRL Moderator

the way I am writing my song and giving you rankings, my power

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.