Golden Hit: Season 3 πŸ“€ Congrats to TruGemini! ✨

fountain

8 minutes ago, Jackson said:

according to my comprehensive Platinum Hit challenge list (going through DH), seasons 9 and 10 both had Pokemon challenges :flower:Β 

Ok but when are you signing upΒ :beatfreak:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Legend E

• Invisibility

22 minutes ago, fountain said:

hiding-shady.gif

2 hours ago, mxtthewdelrey said:

15. mxtt

Β 

ready to explore some more songwriting

mxtthewdelrey

Oh yeah, it's a collapse. This season is already making me excited. :jonny5:

Β 

1. Legend E

2. Kylie Jenner

3. Julia Fox

4. worldwide angel

5. JonginBey

6. Hooker Barbie

7. XO_Life

8. Euterpe

9. Remmy

10. Element

11. Invisibility

12. Blue.

13. TruGemini

14. 8thPrince

15.Β mxtthewdelrey

16.Β 

17.Β 

18.Β 

19.Β 

20.Β 

etc.

Β 

32 minutes ago, Jackson said:

according to my comprehensive Platinum Hit challenge list (going through DH), seasons 9 and 10 both had Pokemon challenges :flower:Β 

That sounds about right! I think it was introduced in PH9 and was so popular it was immediately brought back for DH. I definitely believe it was included in SOTS at some stage as most of that season's hosts were PokΓ©mon fans, but alas, the season can no longer be viewed. :sosad:

26 minutes ago, fountain said:

Winner's clause says that may only submit for 5/6 challenges in future seasons of Golden Hit... sorry @8thPrince. :sorry:

16 hours ago, fountain said:

Here’s the aforementioned countdown to R1!

Β 

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20230121T16&p0=179&msg=R1+Countdown!&font=slab

Β 

Aurora will be posting our enigmatic rabbit related challenge tomorrow in X hoursΒ :pancake:

Reminder bump for the countdown timer until Round 1! We're only an hour away from officially beginning the season.Β :pancake:

Can we reach the fifth page before we begin? :eli:

Just now, Hug said:

Merry Christmas to the children who put BARS on their wish list

I had a wonderful Christmas, thank you. :heart2:

*posts a song related to 2 and 1 minute remaining*

Emblem-Banner-S3.png
Β 

Hey, Hitmakers! I hope you're all as excited as we are to begin the first Golden Hit challenge of 2023. :party:
2022 was an amazing year for ATRL's writing community, debuting the inaugural season of this tournament.
Featuring a fresh and bold burgundy look,
Golden Hit is ready to embrace the new year, and its new talent.

Β 

Without further ado, let me introduce you all to the first round of Season 3...

Ribbon-Challenge-S3-R1.png

Β 

Happy New Year! We wanted to kick start this season with something potentially lighthearted and optimistic. In this Golden Hit original challenge, we're searching for songs inspired by the New Year. Consider the promise of new things to come, tackle reflecting on and letting go of the past, or even acknowledge the adversities ahead and how you plan to work through them. The turn of the year can be both an exciting and uncertain time, often leading to introspection, life alignment, and the undertaking of New Year's resolutions.

Β 

Is there a wish or goal you're aiming to bring to fruition? Last year's bad habits and negativity you're hoping to leave behind? Perhaps you'll craft a narrative around the anticipationβ€”or dreadingβ€”of a milestone year/event? Conceptually, it's entirely your choice. We only request the themes and subsequent emotions associated with the coming of a new year to be the central focus of your song, whether it be a party anthem or introspective ballad. January 22nd also marks the beginning of the Lunar New Year: the Year of the Rabbit! πŸ‡ Perhaps this may inspire additional concepts to be explored?

Β 

Judge's Tips

πŸ“€ Songs centered around positivity and optimism can still carry emotional weight and depth. Don't fall into the trap of using clichΓ© or generic language.
πŸ“€ Establishing a timeline can help build a strong sense of narrative progression. What other seasonal events or special dates might you incorporate?
πŸ“€ There are many hit songs inspired by these themes: "New Year's Day" (Taylor), "1999" (Prince), "New Rules" (Dua) etc. Try listening for inspiration.

Β 

Songs due via Google Form submission by Thu. Jan 26, 11:59PM EST

Β 

fountain, Hug, and I are excited to see how you all approach this challenge, and are anxiously optimistic we will witness some fantastic songwriting. The top three submissions will earn their writers a Hit Token, so make sure to submit for your chance at one of those. If you have not yet signed up for Golden Hit: Season 3, that's fine! Just submit an entry and we'll add you to the sign-ups list.

Β 

Β 

Emblem-Crest-S3.png

Got my gear spreading cheer out with Rudolph and the reindeer
We'll be festive as **** all the way into the new year

Β 

:eek:Β 

1 minute ago, fountain said:

Jk, 4 is the new 5

Β 

happy new year everybody!

Don't tease the new scoring system just yet, sheesh! :tsk:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.