The final debate: Which girlie has more iconic videos? Britney Spears or Lady Gaga

Rican

Whose videography is more iconic?  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Whose videography is more iconic?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Modern Ecstasy

• Henry Torres

• Raptus

• DonnieDarko

Britney is the correct answer.

While I love Britney Spears discography more, Gaga's videography is far more visually memorable and eye-catching than Britney's. 

Iconism wise, Gaga  is more remebered for her visual, so she wins.

Monsters bragging about an atrl poll just for Gaga to end up losing is sending me

Let's be honest Britney's videos are dated or cringe af. The problematic "sexy teen" Lolita one is best left in 1999. The "sexy stewardess" in the JLo dress with dated CGI is cute but nothing special. Oops with the cringe "why did the old lady drop the diamond in the ocean" storyline is embarrassing. Can't think of any others. Professionally assembled but basic videography.

6 hours ago, suburbannature said:

Monsters bragging about an atrl poll just for Gaga to end up losing is sending me

:rip:

@Rican Looks like the debate is final :supaspaz:

“…Baby One More Time” was the last video played on TRL (the origin of this site) because of how iconic it was. :toofunny3: Pick Gaga if you want, but it’s absolutely delusional to try to spin that Britney doesn’t have any iconic videos.

9 hours ago, SharonStone said:

Let's be honest Britney's videos are dated or cringe af. The problematic "sexy teen" Lolita one is best left in 1999. The "sexy stewardess" in the JLo dress with dated CGI is cute but nothing special. Oops with the cringe "why did the old lady drop the diamond in the ocean" storyline is embarrassing. Can't think of any others. Professionally assembled but basic videography.

Someone has studied Britney's entire videography :clap3:

"Can't think of any others" the obvious lie there :mandown:

Gaga duh. Britney’s videos are Disney channel level hilarious disposable camp

People tend to forget that iconic doesn't always equals better.

Gaga has the better videos imo but why are y'all pretending the GP remembers Alejandro, Judas, Poker Face? :redface:

Gaga has two iconic videos (Bad Romance and Telephone) while Britney has BOMT, Oops, Slave, Toxic, Piece of Me... how many times clothes from these videos were replicated? How many times were they referenced in pop culture? :rip:

7 minutes ago, Venice B said:

People tend to forget that iconic doesn't always equals better.

Gaga has the better videos imo but why are y'all pretending the GP remembers Alejandro, Judas, Poker Face? :redface:

Gaga has two iconic videos (Bad Romance and Telephone) while Britney has BOMT, Oops, Slave, Toxic, Piece of Me... how many times clothes from these videos were replicated? How many times were they referenced in pop culture? :rip:

Poker Face got more views than any Britney video yesterday though :deadbanana2:

• 4 weeks later...

Lady Gaga. Britney's videos look the same - trying to be hot surrounded by dancers. Her videos have no storyline or substance.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.