The final debate: Which girlie has more iconic videos? Britney Spears or Lady Gaga

Rican

Whose videography is more iconic?  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Whose videography is more iconic?

Britney.

Looking back Gag's videos feel like a bad trip peoduced by some eastern european film director. The straights don't even remember them and they came out more than 10 years after Britney's first MV

Edited by brazil

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Modern Ecstasy

• Henry Torres

• Raptus

• DonnieDarko

1 hour ago, Rino said:

The 100 Greatest Music Videos of the 21st Century by Billboard

Number 1: Bad Romance

the closest Britney video that comes to BR's cultural impact is BOMT, but what BR did for the music videos in general was far greater than anything in Britney's videography. 

You realise Britney debuted in the 20th century, yes? 

16 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Gaga obviously. Britney has ... 1, maybe 2, remembered videos? Whatever the school girl one is, that's all that anyone would know or reference outside of stanning. Pls :toofunny3:

Also not that Henry Britney stan losing it in here nnn

and which Gaga videos would people reference outside of stanning more than Britney's? 

Britney. It just takes a glimpse at the iconic red catsuit or the school outfit for people to know who we are talking about. The first 10 seconds of BOMT alone >>>> :jonny5: If YouTube came out in the mid-90s, BOMT, OIDIA, Slave 4 U and Toxic would have garnered 500+ million views in a few years with ease. 

10 minutes ago, Mr.Marvelous said:

You realise Britney debuted in the 20th century, yes? 

no Britney video was ever declared the best of its decade/century so my point still stands

1 minute ago, Rino said:

no Britney video was ever declared the best of its decade/century so my point still stands

Imagine having a K-pop video and trying to downplay Britney when the entire industry is built on riding off of her impact. It’s serving worms for brains :skull: 

30 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Also not that Henry Britney stan losing it in here nnn

At least be brave enough to tag me :deadbanana2:

azealia-banks-selfie.gif

30 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Gaga obviously. Britney has ... 1, maybe 2, remembered videos? Whatever the school girl one is, that's all that anyone would know or reference outside of stanning. Pls :toofunny3:

Said no one ever.

Gaga has literally 0 remembered music videos when it comes to general public and it's literally a fact but we know that ATRLers live in totally a different world :deadbanana2:

azealia-banks-selfie.gif

1 minute ago, Henry Torres said:

At least be brave enough to tag me :deadbanana2:

azealia-banks-selfie.gif

Said no one ever.

Gaga has literally 0 remembered music videos when it comes to general public and it's literally a fact but we know that ATRLers live in totally a different world :deadbanana2:

azealia-banks-selfie.gif

I just know the Little Monsters are puking and crying everytime they remember their fave recycled Britney’s fashion for her The Fame videos. Truly a miserable bunch and I honestly feel bad for Lady Gaga that she has to put up with them.

Just now, Eternium said:

Imagine having a K-pop video and trying to downplay Britney when the entire industry is built on riding off of her impact. It’s serving worms for brains :skull: 

Britney's impact on K-pop is evident indeed. the idols are clearly inspired by her when they lip sync on stage :gaycat2:

Um. Is this serious?

What video iconography or look is immediately recognisable as Gaga? Maybe like, the caution tape? 

It’s 25 years on, and a school girl skirt, red latex catsuit, black pantsuit and fedora, bodysuit with a ringmaster coat, nude illusions jewels and a turquoise flight attendant outfit are still instantly recognised, referenced & replicated. 

No one is walking around with a Disco stick, sticking a third eye on their chin, or being a decapitated ostrich swan. 

4d6K.gif

Edited by FOCK

If we're going by more iconic I'd have to say Britney. But that's just MY opinion. 

Voted for Lady Gaga just cuz the Britney Army is taking this way too seriously

The Britney delulus completely losing it here over a damn poll :toofunny3:

Anyway, Gaga. Besides the school girl outfit nobody cares about Britney Spears videography wtf :skull:

Did I just read that Gaga doesn’t have remembered videos????

Yall be saying anything now :bibliahh: 

Delusional :bibliahh:

Gaga. A jail bait outfit being your most iconic mv moment is nothing to be proud of. Sorry but Britney's career and visuals are just DATED.

ATRL has gone to shambles, it’s over—

enough-

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.