The final debate: Which girlie has more iconic videos? Britney Spears or Lady Gaga

Rican

Whose videography is more iconic?  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Whose videography is more iconic?

2 hours ago, gettsleazy said:

Britney's are far more memorable + iconic + embedded in the GP's consciousness than Gaga's. She has Bad Romance, yes, but besides that most of her clips are appreciated by pop culture lovers and people who were online in the 10's. Britney's videos have cross-generational appeal and BOMT/Toxic/Slave have been referenced widely and continuously since their debut. 

:ahh:

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Modern Ecstasy

• Henry Torres

• Raptus

• DonnieDarko

23 hours ago, Somnambulist said:

The thing about Britney is that she was a girl for her time, a very specific window where people clutched their pearls because a Disney star was in a “provocative” school girl outfit. 

The video is iconic because of that- but that’s …..it. It’s kind of a bad video with no real story and honestly super overrated. I just watched it again and it felt nostalgic but I don’t really see why it’s so praised beyond what I stated. 

Gaga walking in custom Alexander McQueen wearing the iconic armadillo heels made my jaw drop, that whole video LITERALLY made me pursue photography as a career. I wanted to make visuals and work on projects that made me feel that way. The cinematography in her videos was just so elevated and felt like a MOMENT. Telephone, Marry the Night, even 911 was just so damn good. 

Britney has some GREAT videos though, but ironically my picks are never the ones people always talk about.

Everytime is probably my favorite video from Britney, it’s raw and honest and beautiful. 

I agree. I think Gaga has more iconic videos.

Britney's have nostalgia factor. But tbh Janet and Michael eat both of them :michael: 

2 hours ago, gettsleazy said:

Britney's are far more memorable + iconic + embedded in the GP's consciousness than Gaga's. She has Bad Romance, yes, but besides that most of her clips are appreciated by pop culture lovers and people who were online in the 10's. Britney's videos have cross-generational appeal and BOMT/Toxic/Slave have been referenced widely and continuously since their debut. 

Your avatar/username alone are proof of the impact Gaga's music and videos had. To quote Rolling Stone, "because of Lady Gaga, Ke$ha is allowed to exist." You are serving lack of self-awareness my dear.

Britney has

1) BOMT 

2) Oops

3) Slave (?)

4) Toxic

5) Womanizer

6) Circus

Gaga has

1) Poker Face

2) Paparazzi 

2) Bad Romance

3) Telephone

4) Rain On Me (?)

1 hour ago, SharonStone said:

Your avatar/username alone are proof of the impact Gaga's music and videos had. To quote Rolling Stone, "because of Lady Gaga, Ke$ha is allowed to exist." You are serving lack of self-awareness my dear.

Okay “dear” :rip: weirdo 

Edited by gettsleazy

Gaga. Britney's are all similar and boring. Her doing some sexy dance.

Gaga has a larger range of memorable videos, but Britney’s are more widely known and recognized 

next caller!

You guys can't deny the impact of some of Britney's music videos.

Like hello?

I don’t wanna sound pretentious or anything but Gaga’s have more depth to em I think

9 hours ago, gettsleazy said:

:rip:

On 1/20/2023 at 3:36 AM, Klein said:

Are those supposed to be better than Bad Romance, Telephone, Alejandro, Marry The Night, Paparazzi etc...? 

I thought the question was who has the most iconic videos?

TBH I don't think people really remember Gagas videos. They are fun and controversial when they're released but never stay in the GP's mind for longer than a year. 

Britneys videos are still consistently used and referenced by the GP and  the entertainment industry as a whole. People do full Halloween dress up parties, the schoolgirl outfit is literally one of the most iconic looks of all time. 

No comparison.

As usual atrl disrespecting Britney's career.

But if there's something I've learned is how opposite is atrl to the real world. 

BOMT is actually iconic. PF is only remembered as a song not the video. Bad Romance was a slightly  more respectful and less popular version of Ganganam Style.

Edited by Aristotle

I am a Gaga stan but I admit it's Britney. Gaga has some great MV's too but Britney's are just unparalleled. She's the queen of MV's.

Britney, she was the video artist of her era and laid the blue print for the 99's and 00's. She's the reason ATRL actually exists, but alot of you are like 16, so this knowledge alludes you.

JustLikeHoney
On 1/20/2023 at 3:58 AM, Marry Illusion Glory said:

Most viewed videos in the past 24 hours (English)

79   508,836
93   473,876
(BONUS)      
192   340,537

--------------------------------------BARRIER------------------------------------

233   301,924

Total views on Youtube

Poker Face     1,088,923,740 views

Bad Romance    1,645,310,843 views

--------------------------------------BARRIER------------------------------------

...Baby One More Time     786,684,793 views

ezgif-3-0d9686f063.thumb.jpeg.1188d82c1c

Receipts and still they won't accept it. You can even place Britney's videos that were released in 2009 and it sill wouldn't change the facts. 

I truly cannot think of a single time I’ve ever seen a specific Gaga music video referenced in broader pop culture.

YouTube views are cute, but people who’ve never even watched Britney videos know her looks because they are constantly referenced.

Britney's may have been more impactful in pop culture but Gaga's videos are definitely more interesting to me

The only real answer is Britney but unfortunately Gaga Stan’s don’t care to speak truth or be rational. 

I will say out of all post 2000s pop stars, Gaga’s 3 year pop music reign gave better music videos than all the others… but none come close to Britney. 

Personally I think Gaga's videos are better but if we're talking "iconic" then it's obviously Britney... Like come on

I think if you go top 5 vs top 5 Gaga wins in terms of quality but if you're thinking about iconicness and impact Britney wins by far. Like Bad Romance might be a better video but Toxic is far more legendary and remembered (i.e. Halloween costumes, etc.) for example.

On 1/23/2023 at 12:10 PM, gettsleazy said:

I completely agree - sitcoms and films reference the song and the school girl outfit ALL the time. To the point people don't even realize that's where the bad schoolgirl kink (similar to sexy librarian) came from. Sometimes when a show or film want to convey a modern pop star they'll reference Poker Face or Telephone era Gaga but not nearly as often. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.