Breaking: Kathy Hochuls right wing, anti choice judge, rejected

Bears01

Moderate Dems like this bozo are fuming

Also, Hochul is going to sue the Senate in order to get a judge to order a floor vote. Moderate black senators from Queens and Brooklyn will be likely to join with Republicans in nominating LaSalle if that happens.

27 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Moderate Dems like this bozo are fuming

I hate this dude so much. Literally the worst of the worst 

OT: she doesn’t have legal standing so the nom is dead 

Hakeem also taking a massive L from this is wonderful to see :ahh: 

26 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

I hate this dude so much. Literally the worst of the worst 

OT: she doesn’t have legal standing so the nom is dead 

Is this 100% certain? I'm never sure on "legal standing" since judges can make up whatever they want with regards to precedent. Just look at SCOTUS. 

9 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Hakeem also taking a massive L from this is wonderful to see :ahh: 

Is this 100% certain? I'm never sure on "legal standing" since judges can make up whatever they want with regards to precedent. Just look at SCOTUS. 

Looks to me like it’s not happening. I’m impressed by NY Dems…for once in my life 

Just think though that If roe vs Wade wasn’t overturned, this loser probably woulda sailed through 

3 minutes ago, Leppie said:

Why did they want him so bad?

Conservative Democrat governors like Hochul and Cuomo want conservative judges on the bench so that anything progressives want can be struck down by the courts even if they have veto-proof majorities and as insurance for when they're no longer in office so that a progressive successor can't get anything done.

27 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Conservative Democrat governors like Hochul and Cuomo want conservative judges on the bench so that anything progressives want can be struck down by the courts even if they have veto-proof majorities and as insurance for when they're no longer in office so that a progressive successor can't get anything done.

I buy this to an extent I guess. The takes I'm reading on this are bizarre though, starting with City & State NY, which is arguing Hochul had to make inroads with Latinos with a justice pick and there were few other options besides Jenny Rivera, which is complete bull****.

This fracturing this is going to create so many problems for the state long-term and so many folks that doubt NY could ever veer right of center-right are wearing rose-colored glasses too tightly. This piece is even arguing she'll possibly hold the minimum wage increase passed hostage which is mind-blowing to me.

Why is she spending all her political capital (an overused term) on this? It doesn't make any sense. 

5 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Why is she spending all her political capital (an overused term) on this? It doesn't make any sense. 

Why did Hakeem Jeffries waste his political capital by this his first move as caucus leader? Because he has visceral hatred for the left. That is what motivates ConservaDems like Hochul and Cuomo too.

9 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Why did Hakeem Jeffries waste his political capital by this his first move as caucus leader? Because he has visceral hatred for the left. That is what motivates ConservaDems like Hochul and Cuomo too.

So that hatred is stronger than political expediency of uniting on issues of common interest - interesting argument I certainly won't discount.

It's just....idiotic of her right now when we're in dire circumstances, starting with Roe. If we're following the hypothetical that the neolibs care more about their preservation of conservative fiscal policy than social policy the latter's going down too with antics like this. It's makes progressives argument that much stronger that it's all just lip service on minority causes and reproductive rights among several other social issues. 

LaSalle will have power in his position to block as you mentioned but again, investing all of her capital this early out the gate I still can't get over. Now even if she backs out the right smells blood. 

6 minutes ago, Espresso said:

So that hatred is stronger than political expediency of uniting on issues of common interest - interesting argument I certainly won't discount.

It's just....idiotic of her right now when we're in dire circumstances, starting with Roe. If we're following the hypothetical that the neolibs care more about their preservation of conservative fiscal policy than social policy the latter's going down too with antics like this. It's makes progressives argument that much stronger that it's all just lip service on minority causes and reproductive rights among several other social issues. 

LaSalle will have power in his position to block as you mentioned but again, investing all of her capital this early out the gate I still can't get over. Now even if she backs out the right smells blood. 

Well, that's the thing. They're narcissists that don't care about the state of the party, or factional unity, or any of that. The most important goal is to put the left in their place and force them to swallow policies they don't want because they know they have nowhere else to go and the alternative is so much worse. This is why Pete Buttigieg, Amy Klobuchar, and all the others coalesced around Biden while Warren stayed in to split and dilute the progressive vote - to beat the left into submission so forcefully that they'd know they were irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, and set them up to be blamed if they didn't follow suit and unite behind Biden to defeat Trump.

Reminder that in the primary, they were willing to suffer potentially irreversible party damage to stop Bernie from becoming the nominee at all costs. They were fortunate that Bernie fell apart so quickly thanks to Warren's active sabotage on Super Tuesday. In 2016, Hillary was given the appearance of an insurmountable lead thanks to all of the superdelegates that lined up behind her from the beginning. That was to depress turnout and deter Bernie supporters from even voting at all.

This is not to relitigate the primaries, though, but to establish that this is a pattern of behavior. Party unity be damned, what mattered was squashing the left and routinely fighting progressives in primaries infinitely harder than they fight Republicans in general elections.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.