Stephen A. Smith about Rihanna SB: "She ain't Beyoncé"

Ger

Of course not. 

Beyonce did a wonderful job at the halftime show. Her performances are amazing.

Rihanna was never branded as an entertainer. She's an amazing pop star with HITS for days. I think her vibe, energy and all the hits many will have ease knowing is going to be her selling point. Also, serving fashions and fun, too.

I hope and know she won't try to do too much heavy choreography. It's not her strongest selling point. Doing a decent amount of choreography should suffice.

giphy.gif

I just want to know which songs will be selected. She has SO many songs to choose from. That's a good problem to have. I want at least one mid/ballad, though.

:celestial3:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bey'Knight

• est. in 90s

• Shelter

• vale9001

Why do women always have to be put one against the other?

Both Rihanna and Beyonce are beautiful, talented women known worldwide. Why is there any need to even mention Bey when talking about Rih's upcoming performance?

Such nasty behavior 

He’s right :ahh: Rih is a TERRIBLE performer. Good luck to her because she’s gonna need it

1 hour ago, QueenBeyoncé said:

Black “men” always putting black women against each other very Sassy of him 

I agree but it's definitely not just Black men.

1 hour ago, Denyy said:

Not the man Kevin Hart called "snap finger famous" :gaycat6:

This took me out.

This man trying to set Beyoncé up to be dragged. It makes (stupid) people think Beyoncé is somewhat bitter over this.

Gosh... we didn't see people comparing Bruno Mars to Justin Timberlake or The Weeknd. It's aaaalways the same sh*t to the girls, especially Beyoncé x Rihanna.

Let Rihanna have her moment and crush it as she will for sure, and it doesn't take away one bit the legendary performance Beyoncé gave at SB as well.

Move oooooooon please.

The way Beyoncé's name gets mentioned and dragged into everything and she hasn't even shown her face in months is a talent in and of itself. 

Edited by est. in 90s

It’s always funny seeing people say Rihanna doesn’t need to be an amazing performer/entertainer like Beyoncé. So she shouldn’t sing on key, do choreo, or be well rehearsed? :redface:

But yea her charisma, hits, fashion will make it up for it (keep in mind Beyoncé has all these things as well) 

Exactly, Rih is bigger, better and more iconic!

Edited by Rhiannon

Stephen A is an idiot. I’m looking forward to Rihanna giving Rihanna and not Beyoncé. Thank you very much.

A waste of an opinion. 

Why can't Rihanna just have a moment without being compared to someone else?

She has a musical catalog that deserved to be celebrated. 

Why are women always compared especially African-American woman. 

Rihanna don’t want to be Beyonce. Both are fantastic.

1 hour ago, Bey'Knight said:

Oh dear. There goes half a decade of Hive-Navy harmony. :jonnycat:

Has this hit twitter yet?

I’m afraid to go look :bibliahh:

Ew, catty men are so WEIRD.

Beyoncé has a lot of weirdo, old men who try to belittle others like she means something to others beyond them.

People like other acts and how others perform, stop injecting someone who nobody was even thinking of onto a stage. If we wanted to see beyonce all the time, we would.

When Micheal stans do the same to them it's suddenly unfair and she's her own artist but they always do this to others. Its gross.

And she doesn't have to be

This man is always talkin out his ass

i met him back in 2014 when he was covering The Heat and he's as much of a douche as he is on tv

1 hour ago, Pheromosa said:

Has this hit twitter yet?

I’m afraid to go look :bibliahh:

No idea. Atrl (& reddit) scratches my pop culture itch well enough. I couldnt deal with stans in an uncontrolled environment like twitter. 

1 hour ago, est. in 90s said:

The way Beyoncé's name gets mentioned and dragged into everything and she hasn't even shown her face in months is a talent in and of itself. 

And now you have simpletons in here dragging her as if she asked to be in these conversations. She even got dragged when Billie made a self-deprecating comment at the end of her Coachella set, “sorry, Im not Beyoncé”. What do you find in the comments? Putting down Bey. It’s a good thing she ignores the extreme on both ends. I dont know how her sanity would’ve endured otherwise. 

Rihanna and Beyonce have never been in similar career/artistic paths anyway, they each have very unique lanes and they're both great at what they do - so we've been knew since Day 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.