Stephen A. Smith about Rihanna SB: "She ain't Beyoncé"

Ger

Stephen A. Smith had a BOLD take this week, but it wasn't about whether Dak Prescott is elite ... it was his reaction to Rihanna performing the Super Bowl halftime show -- simply saying, "she ain't Beyoncé."

The ESPN personality made the comment during his appearance on "The Sherri Show" Wednesday ... claiming it's no shade to RiRi, but will most certainly come across that way with the singer's diehard fanbase.

"Rihanna's music is fantastic," SAS said during the interview. "She's great. She's a sister. I love her dearly, I listen to her music, I'm gonna support her 'til the cows come home."

"I'm just telling you, for me, there's Beyoncé and there's everybody else. Just like there's Michael Jackson and there's everybody else."

Smith says he isn't NOT excited to see Rihanna do her thing ... but makes it clear there's only room for one at the top.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/01/18/stephen-a-smith-rihanna-super-bowl-halftime-show-beyonce

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bey'Knight

• est. in 90s

• Otter

• Blackout2006

whats his atrl

Well no ****. No one will top Bey’s halftime show. :alexz:

Edited by Skirt

WHERE are the real men? straight guys these days are more messy than the gworls like please stop.

Idk why people think every single artist in the world needs to be Beyonce. We have always had a variety of performance styles since the dawn of live music. Bey is an outstanding performer. Undoubtedly the greatest of this generation. But she is not the only one worth seeing live. 

I don't know why everything has to be a comparison. I'm not a fan of Rihanna's music, but can the poor woman be seen as her own person with her own music and her own craft? Jesus. 

what a bitter thing to say lol but I like that he was unfiltered I guess but it's a bad take

edit: Sherri is such a boring host. Wendy would have made a funny comment or at least side eyed the camera and lived for the mess lol. I know she was a nasty person but she gave entertaining pop culture moments and memes lol. oh well

Edited by IBeMe

2 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Idk why people think every single artist in the world needs to be Beyonce. We have always had a variety of performance styles since the dawn of live music. Bey is an outstanding performer. Undoubtedly the greatest of this generation. But she is not the only one worth seeing live. 

Well said and I agree with all of this.

The fact that they’ll both be returning to the stage one week apart on the same network 🙃 Comparisons are bound to happen, we choose what we amplify. Rih and Bey are damn near family, let black women thrive. 

It's so annoying that it's 2023, both are well established icons and people feel the need to compare them in any way. Let them be!!!

Was anyone saying the opposite? So random lol

1 minute ago, chris1991 said:

Well yes! Rihanna is Rihanna ! 

exactly.. he’s goofy as **** for saying that 

5 minutes ago, SoJro101 said:

The fact that they’ll both be returning to the stage one week apart on the same network 🙃 Comparisons are bound to happen, we choose what we amplify. Rih and Bey are damn near family, let black women thrive. 

Beyonces performing somewhere?

3 minutes ago, imabadkid said:

WHERE are the real men? straight guys these days are more messy than the gworls like please stop.

He gave an opinion on a singer. It has nothing to do with sexual orientation. Talking about music Isn’t just for messy Stan culture. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.