• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ice Cream Skies

• theblackestday

• est. in 90s

• Contessa

i love the genres she's working with but these singles sound a bit lifeless, hope i like them more once the album is out

i love the genres she's working with but the singles sound absolutely full of life, hope i like them just as much once the album is out

• ATRL Moderator

i love the genres she's working with and the singles sound absolutely full of life, hope i like them even more once the album is out

i love the genres she's working with but these singles sound a bit lifeless (besides Washed Away which is a masterpiece), hope i like them more once the album is out

Edited by Sanguine

Wow, this is spectacular. Such a vibe, will the album be a non-stop mix?

53 minutes ago, pink lightning said:

Wow, this is spectacular. Such a vibe, will the album be a non-stop mix?

I think judging by On the Run and Contact outros we can expect some Renaissance-like transitions

Contact is so PS2/Dreamcast chic  :jamming:

Edited by Pop Life

51 minutes ago, Pop Life said:

Contact is so PS2/Dreamcast chic  :jamming:

Yessssssssssssss

All the songs are so full of lust. This album will be babylonian.

Edited by Goddxss

These songs really are full of life though. I feel like her sound has drastically changed from the mixtape & EP and TMA. She used to make music that was very upfront like bursts of passion. I was scared at first listening to these songs and hearing how refined they are. The more I listen to each song the more I notice. So many interesting layers in the production. Her voice has never sounded more beautiful. The lyrics are universally true and relatable. She changed the way she shows her passion - rather than being given to you at the door, it's slowly breathed in. Each beat in the songs feels like a pulse - so alive.

When this album comes out I am going to get high and just close my eyes, lay back, and take in what's obviously going to be a beautiful project. These pre-release tracks are already a full body experience - floating through peace.

So Contact really made this era click for me. I’ve liked all the songs but Contact REALLY took me out. It’s so effortlessly sleek and cool. The video too like omg. 

I’ve been listening to all 4 songs released so far over and over again today and everything is hitting now. This album is gonna be an amazing slow burner. Full of layers to uncover with repeated listens

also “OHHHH ITS A SAUNAAAAA HERE IF U WANNNAAAAAAA” LORD a hook 

Edited by 4Walls

Each song takes a couple listens, but Contact's already grown on me like I knew it would. I think the video sealed the deal. It's so late '90s/early '00s underground dance. Like some random song you'd hear at 3 AM on an obscure dance radio station while driving through the city. So refreshing.

I fully stan.

spacer.png

I love the atmospheric rave vibe of these singles. There's this nocturnal hypnotic quality to the beats, the contrast between being surrounded by sweaty bodies and still longing for touch. It's sensual and melancholic. Ugh she just gets it :heart: Absolutely adore this era of Kelela

I’m loving all of this. I can’t wait until the full album ughhhhh :jonny3:

17 hours ago, sam.teas said:

there's another single coming and should be dropped before the album :coffee:

if plans don't change
Enough For Love \ 4:25, few days before the drop of the album

On 1/19/2023 at 1:28 PM, Darkseid said:

Cheap mv arrived with everything:clap3:

I love everything about this :smitten:

On 1/19/2023 at 8:45 PM, Nii. said:

These songs really are full of life though. I feel like her sound has drastically changed from the mixtape & EP and TMA. She used to make music that was very upfront like bursts of passion. I was scared at first listening to these songs and hearing how refined they are. The more I listen to each song the more I notice. So many interesting layers in the production. Her voice has never sounded more beautiful. The lyrics are universally true and relatable. She changed the way she shows her passion - rather than being given to you at the door, it's slowly breathed in. Each beat in the songs feels like a pulse - so alive.

When this album comes out I am going to get high and just close my eyes, lay back, and take in what's obviously going to be a beautiful project. These pre-release tracks are already a full body experience - floating through peace.

On 1/20/2023 at 1:03 AM, Ice Cream Skies said:

Each song takes a couple listens, but Contact's already grown on me like I knew it would. I think the video sealed the deal. It's so late '90s/early '00s underground dance. Like some random song you'd hear at 3 AM on an obscure dance radio station while driving through the city. So refreshing.

I fully stan.

spacer.png

On 1/20/2023 at 2:35 AM, mokitsu said:

I love the atmospheric rave vibe of these singles. There's this nocturnal hypnotic quality to the beats, the contrast between being surrounded by sweaty bodies and still longing for touch. It's sensual and melancholic. Ugh she just gets it :heart: Absolutely adore this era of Kelela

Beautifully said guys!!!

I have to say I'm OBSESSED with this album already, was trying to wait for the full thing but I can't stop listening to what we already have. I'm sure it's already my favorite Kelela project, so atmospheric, so sensual, so nocturnal, so many layers... 

Also can we talk about these videos??? Kelela is probably the greatest visual artist with the lowest budget wow... Each of the videos was an EXPERIENCE (just like the songs). Currently obsessed with OTR and Contact

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Raven era, hope to see her in Brazil again!