Nepal plane crash livestreamed on facebook, 68 dead

truthteller

In the moments before Nepal’s deadliest air crash in decades on Sunday, four friends from India who were onboard began excitedly recording the descent on a Facebook live video.

They were heading to Pokhara for the trip of a lifetime, intending to visit temples and paraglide in Nepal’s famed Annapurna mountain range. “It’s really fun,” one of the men can be heard on the video surveying the city below as the plane began its descent. The friends can be heard laughing and joking as the camera is turned on a smiling Sonu Jaiswal, a 29-year-old father-of-three, who ran a small business back home in India.

All appears calm in the plane, with no emergency announcements or warnings from the pilot or staff. But suddenly, the plane appears to veer off with a loud roar, and the sounds of it crashing to the ground are captured on the phone camera, before the screen is filled with flames. The burning debris of the aircraft is momentarily visible on the screen before it goes black. No voices can be heard after that.

The harrowing video indicates that the 68 passengers and four staff onboard the Yeti Airlines flight had no idea the plane was in danger before an explosion just as it was landing.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jan/16/nepal-plane-crash-facebook-live-video

this is so horrible....

Damn this really sucks. I really hope all the families and loved ones of those who passed are doing okay. 

Domestic airlines/flights in developing nations can be very very unsafe and not always reliable. If y’all travel in these areas be careful when flying them

9 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

Damn this really sucks. I really hope all the families and loved ones of those who passed are doing okay. 

Domestic airlines/flights in developing nations can be very very unsafe and not always reliable. If y’all travel in these areas be careful when flying them

I never would’ve thought this for some reason, no clue why… 

So sad. 

What a terrible situation. Was the livestream recorded? I can see it becoming one of those shock videos. I hope it wasn't recorded

Edited by GentleEarthquake

11 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

1 minute ago, Richmond said:

I never would’ve thought this for some reason, no clue why… 

So sad. 

I am from Nepal and domestic flight is always scary for us. Though the incident rate is quite low yet its extremely unsafe due to quality of airlines. 

This is probably the worst domestic aviation crash in country's history. Yet the government just gave clean report on aircraft health for all the existing domestic airplanes. 

Him and the friends smiling into the camera. Just 5 seconds later all their lives ended. Crazy and sad.

6 minutes ago, GentleEarthquake said:

What a terrible situation. Was the livestream recorded? I can see it becoming one of those shock videos. I hope it wasn't recorded

It was, sadly, it's all over social media.

This is so tragic. Like, it all happened so fast, there was literally no warning. They didn’t expect anything. Jesus.

Just watched it, in split seconds it changed everything forever :sosad:

It doesn’t make sense how quick it happened, idk. I guess they were already pretty low to the ground..

the videos from inside and outside are jus so sad

my thoughts and prayers with da families and loved ones of da victims

Why are there videos on twitter showing dead bodies being recovered :biblio:

So disturbing and shouldn't be allowed

I saw that and thought it was fake. I hate that those kinds of videos are so easy available for everyone to watch. 

So quickly omg

I hate to say this but I'm happy it happened suddenly and quick. They barely had time to react before the plane crashed.

20 hours ago, Zoe_ said:

How did it crash? There needs to be a investigation. They were so close to landing. Wtf

Most crashes happen during takeoff/landing, this is where pilots face the most challenges, especially when it comes to an airline like yeti..

----------------------------

The husband of the co pilot in this crash was killed in another plane crash too years ago. 

The nationalities on board include 53 nepalese, 5 indians, 4 russians, 2 south koreans, 1 argentinian, 1 australian, 1 french and 1 Pax from uk, rip all

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.