Despite giving Ukraine billions, AOC blamed for Russian attack in viral hate tweet

Communion

Edited by Communion

14 minutes ago, DonSiblon said:

spacer.png

Odd for you to try dunk on AOC when many Republicans are retweeting the slanderous original tweet, implying that they somehow agree AOC has not done enough on Ukraine. Are Republicans like yourself and others simply pro-intervention and anti-intervention when it serves their electoral purposes? :celestial5: 

The hypocrisy in the original tweet doesn't somehow erase the hypocrisy in the Republican reaction to it.

Edited by Communion

6 minutes ago, Communion said:

Odd for you to try dunk on AOC when many Republicans are retweeting the slanderous original tweet, implying that they somehow agree AOC has not done enough on Ukraine. Are Republicans like yourself and others simply pro-intervention and anti-intervention when it serves their electoral purposes? :celestial5: 

The hypocrisy in the original tweet doesn't somehow erase the hypocrisy in the Republican reaction to it.

Even though you get on my nerves sometimes, sis, you ate ha UP just now! :clap3: :jonny5:

Because AOC is the most famous of the 30 democrats to sign a letter asking Biden to seek a “settlement” with Putin, without consulting Ukrainians, back in October. The letter was so unpopular that it was rescinded and the signatories had to apologize to save face.

For someone who is so against the US negotiating on behalf of other countries, it’s odd that you would be angry that Ukrainians are upset over exactly that. But then one remembers that your role on this site is to generate artificial outrage, that you sympathize with russia, and think Ukrainians are nazi-fascists… so it makes sense that you would post these tweets out of context and try to fool people into think Ukrainians hate Democrats. Ukrainians love the Democrats, and love the US - but we hate pro-russia stooges.

12 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

Ukrainians love the Democrats, and love the US - but we hate pro-russia stooges.

AOC is a pro-russian stooge then?:fish2:

Edit: that sounded like a drag, but it’s not. I’m just curious 

Edited by WhoWho

9 minutes ago, WhoWho said:

AOC is a pro-russian stooge then?:fish2:

Edit: that sounded like a drag, but it’s not. I’m just curious 

I wouldn’t say she’s pro-russia, I think she was just misguided here. The whole “love-love peace-peace” thing sounds great on paper, but is a complete misunderstanding of the russian mentality and of their history. The only way for peace is for russia to acknowledge their crimes against humanity and remove themselves from Ukrainian territory. Any “settlements” legitimizes the terrorism russia has inflicted on Ukraine, which is unacceptable. It also would give russia time to recuperate and try again in a few years, which is also unacceptable.

I think most people on the far-left have dropped AOC anyways, but OP has a history of peddling russian propaganda that Ukrainians are nazis. Every time I call this out, OP gaslights and says “I’m sorry for your situation, I truly empathize, but…” and then implies I’m a fascist for having the audacity to speak up for Ukraine :skull:  #russiaIsATerroristState

Edited by ZIVERT

39 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

so it makes sense that you would post these tweets out of context

What context could there be that gives evidence to the claim that AOC is responsible for a missile attack???:deadbanana4:

I'm sorry, I understand that you will be emotional on this topic, but being emotional does not excuse spreading misinformation and lying. For example, this is largely untrue:

39 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

Because AOC is the most famous of the 30 democrats to sign a letter asking Biden to seek a “settlement” with Putin, without consulting Ukrainians, back in October. The letter was so unpopular that it was rescinded and the signatories had to apologize to save face.

The letter released by the Congressional Progressive Caucus was praising Biden's full-throated support of Ukraine thus far and said that the CPC would continue unconditional votes for both military and humanitarian aid, even if Biden did not seek to take up their suggestion not of "settlement" but of "diplomacy". :skull: 

Any retractions came from people claiming that they don't agree with the misinterpretation of the calls for diplomacy, but that the document was largely a draft first made 4 months prior and not finalized before release:

And "unpopular"? Even Obama-type liberals like the Pod Saves America bros were calling it uncontroversial:

So all you've shown is that AOC has:

• Voted for every single aid package and resolution for Ukraine except one on civil asset forfeiture that was symbolic and which Janet Yellen said would be unconstitutional for Biden to ever do;
  • Encouraged the Biden administration to make further in-roads to diplomacy, praising his work thus far and offering to continue voting for whatever packages are required to aid against Russia.

And you think that it is reasonable of a reaction to claim AOC is responsible for murdered Ukrainians:deadbanana4:

Edited by Communion

This meltdown :skull:

normal people: stop supporting russia

ATRL user Communion, a half hour later after carefully searching Twitter for takes that support their POV: REEEEEE UKRAINIANS ARE FASCISTS!!!!!! *posts a million twitter links so the page won’t load*

OT: russia used a 6-ton missile designed in the 1960s to attack air carriers. Only Ukraine doesn’t have a big and powerful Air Force, let alone air carriers, so they used it to destroy apartment blocks in Dnipro instead, where innocent civilians live.

Edited by ZIVERT

8 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

Russia used a 6-ton missile designed in the 1960s to attack air carriers. Only Ukraine doesn’t have a big and powerful air force

Pointing out what Russia did only re-emphasizes the absurdity in the viral tweet, that you're defending from someone with over 100k followers, that is literally suggesting this attack is AOC's fault and somehow AOC could have prevented it. :skull: What vote could AOC have made that would have stopped this from happening?

If there's no vote that she could have done, then this is purposeful and manipulative left-punching done in service of the global right to misuse the deaths of Ukrainians to attack a progressive American politician with no basis. :deadbanana4:

Edited by Communion

5 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

This meltdown :skull:

normal people: stop supporting russia

ATRL user Communion, a half hour later after carefully searching Twitter for takes that support their POV: REEEEEE UKRAINIANS ARE FASCISTS!!!!!! *posts a million twitter links so the page won’t load*

OT: russia used a 6-ton missile designed in the 1960s to attack air carriers. Only Ukraine doesn’t have a big and powerful air force, so they used it to destroy apartment blocks in Dnipro, where innocent civilians live.

That user is a fascist thst disguises himself as a social progressive. He is support of that letter and reframing it as “common sense that we should be diplomatic!” shows that his understanding of the conflict is for Ukraine to appease Russia. 

He’s mad Ukrainians like Biden and the US and that the left wing of the Democratic Party was called out for being uneducated. 

Edited by MAKSIM

1 minute ago, MAKSIM said:

That user is a fascist thst disguises himself as a social progressive. He is support of that letter and reframing it as “common sense that we should be diplomatic!” shows that his understanding of the conflict is for Ukraine to appease Russia. 

Yup. A user with a history of denying the Holodomor, and in the opening days of the war blamed Ukraine for getting too close to NATO and provoking Russia… the tune shifted after the Bucha atrocities were uncovered, but the intention to demonize Ukraine and Ukrainians is still there. But yes, we should all believe that this user’s intentions are innocent. Refusing to acknowledge the actual atrocities committed and instead focusing on some people tagging AOC in tweets about it :skull: 

There is no diplomacy with a terrorist state.

6 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

Yup. A user with a history of denying the Holodomor, and in the opening days of the war blamed Ukraine for getting too close to NATO and provoking Russia… the tune shifted after the Bucha atrocities were uncovered, but the intention to demonize Ukraine and Ukrainians is still there. But yes, we should all believe that this user’s intentions are innocent. Refusing to acknowledge the actual atrocities committed and instead focusing on some people tagging AOC in tweets about it :skull: 

You just KNOW he has a vastly different opinion on Israel and Palestine, Native American sovereignty, etc. The mental gymnastics. 

It’s ironic he is feigning outrage over people blaming AOC for attacks, when Im sure he would have celebrated a quick Russian victory as a Joe Biden blunder and used it as some talking point about how Democratic neoliberal hawkish policies are responsible for this. 

Edited by MAKSIM

Just now, MAKSIM said:

and reframing it as “common sense that we should be diplomatic!”

There's no need to reframe what is already shown as something multiple centrist figures frame as "common sense calls to diplomacy". It's also not a statement of my views on it. When a user posts misinformation (ie: "this letter was seen as pro-Putin"), showing information that proves otherwise is simply fact-checking. :celestial5:

That you both have to resort to uhh *checks notes* counting how many tweets were provided (tweets = first-person sources lol!) as sources for claims made instead of being able to rebuttal the claims kind of ... says it all.

If I supported Ukraine and the continued funding they receive from America, I would instead focus my efforts not on left-punching AOC and cruelly claiming she is why babies die, like the original viral tweet does, but pointing out that these kinds of angry tweets are not reflective of most people and serve as carrying water for right-wingers who wish to attack AOC, like the one in this thread who both mocked AOC as not doing enough AND funding war. 

But when your only goals are left-punching, those are the natural allies you will be left with, it seems. :celestial5:

3 minutes ago, Communion said:

There's no need to reframe what is already shown as something multiple centrist figures frame as "common sense calls to diplomacy".

Just because you say it matter of factly doesn't make it true :skull: The only people "calling for diplomacy" aka making deals with russia are on the far left and the far right. Whether it's the Squad calling for "settlements" or Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert trying to stop the funding of Ukraine, it's straight up appeasement of russia. Luckily, the majority of the Democrats who signed the letter listened to the backlash from the majority (the so-called centrists you love to demonize) and rescinded it.

I get that you have to double check what the russian and Chinese government policies are before commenting on things, but there's also the option to just be quiet :skull: 

4 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

Just because you say it matter of factly doesn't make it true

Again, the point being that *I* am not saying so. You were given direct sources showing centrist media and political figures both saying so in defense of the CPC. Maybe you should read the linked sources instead of trying to count how many there are and offering that as some kind of argument.

"I can't read more than 3 tweets!". :skull:

That no one is even questioning the funding to Ukraine besides the sole right-winger trying to dunk on AOC with the tweet, and yet you still can't put aside your left-punching to paint someone like AOC and her constant support for Ukraine as "misguided" and thus deserving of tweets like in the OP. :deadbanana4:

Edited by Communion

7 minutes ago, Communion said:

Again, the point being that *I* am not saying so. You were given direct sources showing centrist media and political figures both saying so in defense of the CPC. Maybe you should read the linked sources instead of trying to count how many there are and offering that as some kind of argument.

"I can't read more than 3 tweets!". :skull:

That no one is even questioning the funding to Ukraine besides the sole right-winger trying to dunk on AOC with the tweet, and yet you still can't put aside your left-punching to paint someone like AOC and her constant support for Ukraine as "misguided" and thus deserving of tweets like in the OP. :deadbanana4:

no one is buying the gaslighting, but congrats on finally getting attention again on one of your outrage threads x

OT: At least 12 people are confirmed dead so far, but people are still being removed from the rubble. Over 70 apartments were destroyed with this strike.

1 hour ago, ZIVERT said:

Every time I call this out, OP gaslights and says “I’m sorry for your situation, I truly empathize, but…”

1 hour ago, Communion said:

I'm sorry, I understand that you will be emotional on this topic, but

These posts being back to back :rip:

6 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

no one is buying the gaslighting, but congrats on finally getting attention again on one of your outrage threads

If a Ukrainian activist with 100k+ followers wasn't wasting their massive platform on social media to brazenly accuse Congressional progressives as somehow supporting genocide and being an active participant, then there would be no outrage nor any thread to begin with. 

But I guess responses like these are just "out of context" to you too (:skull:) despite being the kind of anti-AOC rhetoric that the person who made the tweet wanted in the first place:

I'm sorry, but while what Russia is doing horrific and cruel and inhumane, to somehow put that at the feet of a random Congressional Democrat who represents some random 700k Americans in Queens is illogical, and to then brush it off like "oh poor her, she's getting tagged in tweets!", ignoring that the tweets are largely calling her things like "Putin's *****" and "genocide enabler":deadbanana4:

2 hours ago, ZIVERT said:

For someone who is so against the US negotiating on behalf of other countries, it’s odd that you would be angry that Ukrainians are upset over exactly that. But then one remembers that your role on this site is to generate artificial outrage, that you sympathize with russia, and think Ukrainians are nazi-fascists… so it makes sense that you would post these tweets out of context and try to fool people into think Ukrainians hate Democrats. Ukrainians love the Democrats, and love the US - but we hate pro-russia stooges.

:jonny4:

This is the thanks you get for being a warmonger in Congress, I guess. Voting performatively against ICE funding that is guaranteed to pass on a bipartisan basis will be held against you since it was tied to more than $40 billion in Ukraine aid... that was also 100% guaranteed to pass on a bipartisan basis.

She always picks her battles in ways that make her look worse :michael: 

1 hour ago, Headlock said:

These posts being back to back :rip:

The tankies on this site are v predictable :whistle2:

She really should have stuck with her first objective when she was elected and fight for the people. When you try to impress (or show your true colors I don't know) Centrists/US Natsec establishment you get sht on. The Centrists' pet project participants in Ukraine are now attacking and dragging her for essentially going along with most of the funding for for the war but it's still not enough.

Also asset forfeiture will do nothing. Russia still has its vast energy reserves that the US cannot seize which is it's bargaining chip. Not only that, a lot of the ''Oligarchs'' have disagreements with Putin and are somewhat sympathetic to the West so you'll be seizing and alienating potential Western allies in there. This is all a mess. How the US thought it could use a country many magnitudes smaller than Russia to go against it is ridiculous.

16 hours ago, ZIVERT said:

funny how you don't apply this in any israel threads!

Making threads in Civics about random tweets by bloggers with zero involvement in politics just cause they fit your ideology is really scraping the bottom of the barrel. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.