Miley's Flowers Spotify Thread | Mo 20th Feb - 1 (=) - 8,471,048

tbhmatt

10 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

RCA is probably now studying this release and just figuring out you have to invest to see success rather than booking some random promo like it’s 2014 

It's so frustrating to see the struggle their artists go through because they have no idea how to market music in the streaming era. See how they were already satisfied with Kill Bill's initial stats after it went viral on Tiktok to the point they didn't even bother to send it to radio to maximize it's potential of reaching new listeners. It was only sent to radio after SZA herself and fans begged online.

Love SZA and Kill Bill deserved to be a #1 hit, but it's satisfying to know Miley is the one blocking the major hit of one of their artists to go #1. She has a history of proving their labels wrong after parting ways with them, Hollywood Records thought she was done after Can't Be Tamed and she gave Bangerz to the world. History is repeating itself ten years later.

Edited by Scars

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tbhmatt

• PopFan1996

• Walk_Away21

• SmashingMiley

This is absolutely insane.

What a juggernaut. What a steamroller. What a mammoth tanker.

1 hour ago, PopFan1996 said:

Looking like it'll have 500+ in it's second week

Seems like it'll stay at #1 for at least 6 weeks. Idk about the record, too far away to tell

:WAP: the way she’ll likely stay #1 up until album release week and then the song will get another boost from the album and continue to prevail. Lowkey would be fine if it started to die down by then because I want this to be an era with SEVERAL smash singles (BANGERZ deserved better).

3 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

:WAP: the way she’ll likely stay #1 up until album release week and then the song will get another boost from the album and continue to prevail. Lowkey would be fine if it started to die down by then because I want this to be an era with SEVERAL smash singles (BANGERZ deserved better).

Columbia sadly are always like this. They only focus on the lead singles and ignore the rest.

Harry Styles : As it was 

Adele  : Easy On Me.

I doubt they will heavily promote a second single as much as they did with Flowers

3 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

Columbia sadly are always like this. They only focus on the lead singles and ignore the rest.

Harry Styles : As it was 

Adele  : Easy On Me.

I doubt they will heavily promote a second single as much as they did with Flowers

But what promo have they REALLY done since the song dropped aside from playlisting? :gayalipacat3:

23 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

But what promo have they REALLY done since the song dropped aside from playlisting? :gayalipacat3:

Huh? Radio deal and exposure on playlisting is the best promo you could ever ask for. The marketing strategy up to the release of the song was STELLAR. Everyone knew Miley was coming with a lead single. Now they will focus on album promo. Probably SNL and TV interviews when it'll get released

Just now, PopFan1996 said:

Huh? Radio deal and exposure on playlisting is the best promo you could ever ask for. The marketing strategy up to the release of the song was STELLAR. Everyone knew Miley was coming with a lead single. Now they will focus on album promo. Probably SNL and TV interviews when it'll get released

I know, I know. But I feel they could do more with traditional promo, like performances, radio interviews, talk show appearances. I get she’ll likely do that during album release and am grateful for the slayage they’ve provided thus far, I just want LEWKS 

tiffany pollard GIF by RealityTVGIFs

7 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

I get she’ll likely do that during album release

tiffany pollard GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Exactly. That's what Columbia do. They heavily promote the lead single, then they just do a traditional album promo. They won't promote another single heavily. It's just a MV here and there, sending the songs to the radio and that's it. They care more about the album. 

Edited by PopFan1996

1 minute ago, PopFan1996 said:

Exactly. That's what Columbia do. They heavily promote the lead single, then they just do a traditional album promo. They won't promote another single heavily. It's just a MV there and there, sending the song to the radio and that's it. They care more about the album. 

An album artist incoming, I won’t complain :nicole:

Well... they have an excuse for promoting the second single poorly because Flowers is so big that it will cannibalize it - kinda like As It Was and the follow-up singles. 

Plus, a top 10 for the second single is basically on lock at this point. No way this hype will die anytime soon. Columbia will be okay with its performance as long as it goes top 10 and shows some longevity.

On 1/14/2023 at 7:23 PM, tbhmatt said:

Day 1 - 7,716,102

Day 2 - 9,631,889

Day 3 - 10,975,946

Day 4 - 15,768,832
Day 5 - 17,077,686

Day 6 - 17,380,410

Day 7 - 17,481,759

Day 8 - 18,424,325

Day 9 - 17,275,548

Day 10 - 14,528,627

Day 11 - 16,310,411

Day 12 - 16,125,248

Day 13 - 15,661,685

Day 14 - 16,831,052

Day 15 - 17,526,914

Not it INCREASING !!!!!!!!!!
KYtBoeg.gif

the SMASHAAAA!

@tbhmattthanks for this though
the numbers are MUCH more understandable now.

So it is having its 2nd Best Day??? :eek: 

Edited by Mrnoniee

3 minutes ago, Mrnoniee said:

Not it INCREASING !!!!!!!!!!
KYtBoeg.gif

the SMASHAAAA!

Yes it’s great that the song rose again but Thursday-to-Friday increases are the standard and it will increase almost every Thursday-to-Friday, even when the song has passed its peak. Music consumption in general is much higher on Fridays.

It’s a very impressive number, but songs rising on Fridays is nothing particularly noteworthy. It will drop again tomorrow and then further again on Monday (Saturday and Sunday streams are almost always lower) before climbing back up until it peaks for the week again the following Friday. It’ll more than likely follow that pattern every week with the weekly total slowly declining.

The most impressive thing about this update is not the increase on yesterday, but the difference between the streams the previous Friday. She only dropped by -5% compared to the same time last week which is very minimal. 

The smaller the week-on-week decline, the bigger the streams, the more longevity the song will have etc. A smash, indeed! 

2 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

Any predictions for today’s update? I think around 15.5 million 

14 million

15 hours ago, tbhmatt said:

Total Unfiltered Streams: 238,496,638

Avg Unfiltered Streams: 15,899,776 

She needs to do 61,503,362 more streams to achieve 300,000,000. To achieve this in the song’s 3rd week, she needs to do an average of 10,250,560 over the remaining 6 days.

It is extremely likely she will exceed this number, based on today’s week-on-week decline compared to last Friday. 

By how many days will it shatter the 300M record :celestial5:

31 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

By how many days will it shatter the 300M record :celestial5:

I believe 29 days is the current record. Miley is on course to surpass 300 million anywhere between 19-21 days, I would say. 

15 hours ago, PopFan1996 said:

Exactly. That's what Columbia do. They heavily promote the lead single, then they just do a traditional album promo. They won't promote another single heavily. It's just a MV here and there, sending the songs to the radio and that's it. They care more about the album. 

Columbia has always been the home of album artists, Republic is the go to for hitmakers (who just happen to accumulate album sales due to extremely strong hits)

14 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

Well... they have an excuse for promoting the second single poorly because Flowers is so big that it will cannibalize it - kinda like As It Was and the follow-up singles. 

Plus, a top 10 for the second single is basically on lock at this point. No way this hype will die anytime soon. Columbia will be okay with its performance as long as it goes top 10 and shows some longevity.

Imagine if Miley decides enough is enough and busts her ass promoting it regardless of how Columbia treats single #2.

A Wrecking Ball to her We Can't Stop (except We Can't Stop/Flowers is now as big/bigger than We Found Love, the literal epitome of lead single cannibals :deadbanana4:)

4 minutes ago, Carrie-is-no-1 said:

She’s clearing another 100M week I fear :rip:

Yes, she’s doing approx. 1m less streams compared to each day last week. She’s going to do around 107 million streams this week. 

1 hour ago, tbhmatt said:

16,303,744 on Sat 28th

Much bigger Saturday update than I was expecting 

Not bad 

ezgif-3-c036973c22.gif

Could be more considering all the payola :eli: 

Edited by Miley Cyrus

1 hour ago, tbhmatt said:

Yes, she’s doing approx. 1m less streams compared to each day last week. She’s going to do around 107 million streams this week. 

Not her potentially having another 100M+ week :deadbanana4: The ultimate SMASHERY

1 hour ago, MingYouToo said:

Imagine if Miley decides enough is enough and busts her ass promoting it regardless of how Columbia treats single #2.

A Wrecking Ball to her We Can't Stop (except We Can't Stop/Flowers is now as big/bigger than We Found Love, the literal epitome of lead single cannibals :deadbanana4:)

Don’t forget about Roar :deadbanana4: it completely stole Unconditionally’s thunder then by the time it had died down, Dark Horse came through and cannibalised Birthday and This Is How We Do :deadbanana4: (although Katy didn’t help matters with the Birthday video)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.