Miley's Flowers Spotify Thread | Mo 20th Feb - 1 (=) - 8,471,048

tbhmatt

Does anyone have the biggest 14th day in Spotify history?

I wonder how this compares to As It Was, Stay, Blinding Lights and other smashes in the past 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tbhmatt

• PopFan1996

• Walk_Away21

• SmashingMiley

we're talking about spotify #s everyday but her youtube views is also insane. I just checked and its 124m already :deadbanana2:

RCA is probably now studying this release and just figuring out you have to invest to see success rather than booking some random promo like it’s 2014 

10 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

Title and OP updated. Thank you @khalyan for transferring the thread to me and thank you @ariananext for letting me take over! 

no problem :heart:

Just now, gloamingtheplain said:

RCA is probably now studying this release and just figuring out you have to invest to see success rather than booking some random promo like it’s 2014 

The genuine interest of people is something you either have or don't, especially on this level. It will be hard to replicate.

@tbhmatt I would like a simple, days and stream type thingy in OP as well:

Day 1: 1,000,000
Day 2: 2,000,000
Day 3: 3,000,000

its much more readable than the week on week segregation you've done. 
Please try to include for us not-much-chart-obsesed stans too. :cries2:
I'm very much interested and excited to see it progress and see Miles smash.

The day to day thingy kind of tells you how big it is without going into much details/sections.

2 minutes ago, Mrnoniee said:

@tbhmatt I would like a simple, days and stream type thingy in OP as well:

Day 1: 1,000,000
Day 2: 2,000,000
Day 3: 3,000,000

its much more readable than the week on week segregation you've done. 
Please try to include for us not-much-chart-obsesed stans too. :cries2:
I'm very much interested and excited to see it progress and see Miles smash.

The day to day thingy kind of tells you how big it is without going into much details/sections.

Of course, noted and not a problem at all. I will put this in the body of the text and keep the break down and comparisons hidden behind a spoiler tag so the OP doesn’t become to convoluted. 

I will update fully once yesterday’s streams are published. 

Just now, josesuxx said:

+17,526,914 :jonny5:

Excellent hold from last Friday, I thought she could do 18 million again but 17.5 million is still extremely impressive

Far too soon to tell, but she *could* be on course for a second consecutive week of 100 million+ streams. 

Yesterday’s week-on-week decline was only -5% which is excellent retention. If that trend continues for the rest of the week, she’s only going to be dropping about -1mil streams each day vs same time last week. 

If her week-on-week decline stays above an average of -2.157M per day, she’ll do a minimum of 100 million streams again. This all depends on how quickly her streams start to decrease, so it’s up in the air at the moment. It’s almost impossible to predict when people will get sick of the song. Tomorrow’s update will be a good indicator. 

Roman Holiday
On 1/27/2023 at 9:43 AM, pika said:

The fact that he still has this lame “Good for Mileys standards! Nothing compared to my streaming force fave, but really glad to see this. Ex-acts stay winning!” note in the OP.

And now he plays ignorant with “Huh? What updates do you want? There’s nothing to report on.” as Flowers continues to break a record every single day. :lmao: Unfortunate that 7 Rings ended up being frat dorm background noise, otherwise it could’ve seen this trajectory during Ariana’s peak, but oh well.

Is someone with a Dove Cameron ago really trying it with Ariana? :rip: 

At least her and Miley can get actual hits that people know they sang and didn’t think it was Billie Elish

OT: I knew this song would be huge and every atrl-er was saying it wasn’t single worthy 

Edited by Roman Holiday

12 hours ago, naval23 said:

I wonder how this compares to As It Was, Stay, Blinding Lights and other smashes in the past 

Not really, but this has AIW ~65M streams in Week 2 (or about 9M streams per day in days 8-14), with Stay at ~45M streams in Week 2 (or about 6.5M streams per day in days 8-14), and Blinding Lights at ~20M streams in Week 2 (or less than 3M streams per day in days 8-14): 

Don't forget that Blinding Lights didn't start strong. It's first 5 weeks on the Hot 100 were 11-52-63-72-59. In fact, BL didn't peak until after its 100th day, and still had more streams 400 days in than its initial days: 

12 hours ago, naval23 said:

Glue your wig on!

Yeah, the song is significantly outpacing As It Was, Stay, Blinding Lights etc at this point. These numbers aren’t sustainable though, and we’re far too early to start predicting on this song’s longevity and recurrent numbers. Catching up with Blinding Lights would be a MAMMOTH task given that song’s insane longevity. We don’t know what will happen with Flowers, there’s still a chance the song will fall just as quickly as it rose. 

It’ll probably break every “fastest song to” milestone up until 1 billion and then after that, who knows? 

So we obviously know this is going #1 again this week, but what are the points looking like?

Also, anyone have a viable estimate for how many weeks we could see this at #1? Could she break the record? IMAGINE :jonny6:

56 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

Yeah, the song is significantly outpacing As It Was, Stay, Blinding Lights etc at this point. These numbers aren’t sustainable though, and we’re far too early to start predicting on this song’s longevity and recurrent numbers. Catching up with Blinding Lights would be a MAMMOTH task given that song’s insane longevity. We don’t know what will happen with Flowers, there’s still a chance the song will fall just as quickly as it rose. 

It’ll probably break every “fastest song to” milestone up until 1 billion and then after that, who knows? 

Flowers reminds me of Hello by Adele in 2015. Similar consistency for 2-3months. Fastest song to reach 1B views on YouTube. but then the recurrent streams weren't very strong. So in fact, I think it's too early to tell. But the fastest song to reach 1B streams is definitely on-lock. 

57 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

So we obviously know this is going #1 again this week, but what are the points looking like?

Also, anyone have a viable estimate for how many weeks we could see this at #1? Could she break the record? IMAGINE :jonny6:

Looking like it'll have 500+ in it's second week

Seems like it'll stay at #1 for at least 6 weeks. Idk about the record, too far away to tell

Edited by PopFan1996

Total Unfiltered Streams: 238,496,638

Avg Unfiltered Streams: 15,899,776 

She needs to do 61,503,362 more streams to achieve 300,000,000. To achieve this in the song’s 3rd week, she needs to do an average of 10,250,560 over the remaining 6 days.

It is extremely likely she will exceed this number, based on today’s week-on-week decline compared to last Friday. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.