• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tbhmatt

• PopFan1996

• Walk_Away21

• SmashingMiley

Dkdkdjdjsj I thought she’d start decreasing after the small increase update yesterday but king Miley said NOPE :jonny5:

I need her to at least snatch Adele’s record. Mariah’s would be the icing on the cake

This happens when a song is good enough. When will other artists learn.. thank u next, drivers license.. examples of songs smashing out of the gate. It has that “it” factor

Crazyyyyyy

the song is super viral on tik tok

like it is not a mystery why it is smashing :rip: some users are just clearly beyond out of touch with how hits happen these days 

If she manages to re-peak AGAIN tomorrow :dies:

I mean, it is possible if the song continues to rise in Asia, but songs typically decrease Friday-to-Saturday 

ATRL-ers now acting like experts who knew this would smash, when almost everyone called it boring and badly produced after it was released :deadbanana2:

10 minutes ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

ATRL-ers now acting like experts who knew this would smash, when almost everyone called it boring and badly produced after it was released :deadbanana2:

I dont wanna brag but once i realised i liked it and atrl hated it, i knew it was going to smash. 

(Didnt realise this hard tho :deadbanana4:)

14 minutes ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

A lot of people have said it has grown on them. 

For me, it’s still not as good as Taste of My Own, but I’ve been singing the song to myself and it’s grown on me. 

It’s one of those songs that’s insanely catchy without being annoying (like lots of La, La, la type hooks) so it’s kind of destined to smash. 

50 minutes ago, Assassin said:

can she do 20M on Saturday?

no it will fall tomorrow and sunday

but it might get a new peak on monday depending on how many people add the song to their monday commute after hearing it over the weekend on social media/parties/word-of-mouth.

that's usually why Mondays get unusual big boost.

2 hours ago, Aurora said:

I'm 50% happy for her, 50% really suspicious. Like, coming off Plastic Hearts era these numbers just don't make no damn sense. The math ain't mathing.

You really need to get into the TikTok era because you’re talking how music worked 5 - 7 years ago.

Miley doesn’t need to come off a successful era. She just needed the right push, and a catchy song fueled by her *very* public break up is exactly what she needed to go viral. 

This is the same generation that got Running Up That Hill viral on TikTok after it was on Stranger Things and made it more successful than it originally was back in the 80’s. 

You just need a good song with some sort of narrative to get people talking and boom 

2 hours ago, Carter said:

when olivia pulling these numbers out of nowhere no one questioned it 

u girls have a short memory. yes they absolutely did and even more so. :deadbanana2:  the explanation then was exactly the same as now - it’s super tiktok viral. atrl is out of touch tho and has been for a while because we are old. 

36 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

You really need to get into the TikTok era because you’re talking how music worked 5 - 7 years ago.

Miley doesn’t need to come off a successful era. She just needed the right push, and a catchy song fueled by her *very* public break up is exactly what she needed to go viral. 

This is the same generation that got Running Up That Hill viral on TikTok after it was on Stranger Things and made it more successful than it originally was back in the 80’s. 

You just need a good song with some sort of narrative to get people talking and boom 

This

3 hours ago, Aurora said:

I'm 50% happy for her, 50% really suspicious. Like, coming off Plastic Hearts era these numbers just don't make no damn sense. The math ain't mathing.

drivers license, Unholy? were they coming from huge smashes?

are you familiar with the TikTok generation?  :skull: 

Oh and the Plastic Hearts album is eligible for Platinum in the US so it wasn't a flop. Some of you are acting as it did Younger Now numbers :rip: 

How old are these people saying this song smashing is suspicious? Because...  :skull:

1 hour ago, Material Girl said:

the song is super viral on tik tok

like it is not a mystery why it is smashing :rip: some users are just clearly beyond out of touch with how hits happen these days 

It had by far the biggest Spotify first week ever and seems like it will demolish the 2nd week record even more :gaycat6:

But its viral on tiktok, because its just really good. I was a bit lukewarm at first, but it has grown insanely on me

1 hour ago, KeirGrey said:

I dont wanna brag but once i realised i liked it and atrl hated it, i knew it was going to smash. 

(Didnt realise this hard tho :deadbanana4:)

You & me both. And my posts from last Thursday prove it! 

These numbers make perfect sense when you think about Miley's career trajectory. She released a critically acclaimed album with Plastic Hearts that generated a lot of online buzz, did a lot of ground work with festival performances and covers of beloved classics, dialed the provocative imagery down, and did interviews/ a TV special where she came off as mature and likable. That, coupled with a catchy good song and the wave of 2000s nostalgia resulted in a repeak. It took her sometime but she worked hard at it untill it paid off. Hopefully, this success carries on to the album as well.

The way Miley is smashing this hard without gimmicks, multiple version or any aggressive campaign. It comes to show when you have a fantastic song, quality will carry the success effortlessly. 

I love this renaissance of Miley Cyrus. Her talent, artistry and personality truly shine in this song.

she released it in january when barely anyone does release their singles in that cycle, everyone in their winter break and has nothing but to talk about this song, i mean i’m glad it worked out for her, we prayed for times like this 🦋

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.