Amy Robach and TJ Holmes officially fired from ABC, tensions high behind-the-scenes

Espresso

They brought embarrassment to ABC’s biggest brand. Morning shows are “wholesome” and they can’t tolerate the gossip and scandal this caused.

Its not just that they cheated but it’s the audacity they did it with. 

complete disregard for anyone that wasn’t them. 

that kinda deserves some discipline and I think they will be made an example of. 

• ATRL Moderator

They (especially T.J.) were literally mocking the incident when they were put back on air. Why would they deserve to stay if they’re continuing to bring an even bigger spotlight to the scandal?

1 hour ago, youreyesgocold said:

Y’all on their side are so blind to how the industry works :skull: this is ABC, owned by Disney. Any scandal that makes their network look bad makes them look bad - especially if it’s someone on the screen. 

Similar to how they drop Disney Channel stars for doing reckless things off camera (ie Mitchell Musso, it’s actually in their contract to maintain a good image), they will drop a news anchor for the same reason. People with strong values and opinions on adultery are NOT going to tune in to watch two adulterers discuss the news. 

This isn’t MY opinion, but it is the opinion of big corporations like Disney who strive to maintain a good image. I wouldn’t be surprised if their adult contracts have some of the same clauses as their teen star ones when it comes to public perception. I sincerely doubt they can win this one 

Yes, there is a clause likely a part of their contract.

Adultery, being caught with drugs or other bad things could warrant a firing.

The two losers might just find a group of white co-workers who were caught together and use the double standard. Not sure they will have the receipts but it's possible and they'll get a settlement.

23 minutes ago, @michael said:

They brought embarrassment to ABC’s biggest brand. Morning shows are “wholesome” and they can’t tolerate the gossip and scandal this caused.

Yup yup yup

8 hours ago, mystery said:

They should definitely sue, I don't support cheating but that wasn't a reason for them to get fired.

IA tbh

nnnnn I kinda stan them because they were so bold with it so I'm curious to see how this plays out

14 hours ago, Attitude said:

No, but sleeping with your co-workers is frowned upon at many work places. 

Anyways, I guess they need the money to pay for their divorce settlements. :spin:

It usually in regards when someone is sleeping with a person who is higher-ups. Both are in the same level position. Neither was pursuing the other with better salary or position.

Their lawsuit seems like a reach. I'm pretty sure abc would have had watertight contracts that would allow them to sack employees for stuff like this. The whole brand of the show is wholesome/likeable hosts. Doing interviews about your cancer battle and your supportive husband and then cheating on him with another presenter is a bad look for the show.

14 hours ago, Otter said:

I doubt this is why they were fired, so it pivots back to the adultery. Honestly the network should just be honest and say they have a brand to protect and this scandal reflects poorly on their brand & values, I think its fair enough

Exactly. They would loose if they went to trial. They are probably going to settle for pennies 

• 2 weeks later...

There’s probably an ethics clause built into their contracts which is why they were fired. Two single coworkers would be one thing, but two married individuals cheating on their spouses and it coming to light on air…

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.