Amy Robach and TJ Holmes officially fired from ABC, tensions high behind-the-scenes

Espresso

As they should. Cheating is not a reason for being fired.

They should definitely sue, I don't support cheating but that wasn't a reason for them to get fired.

29 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

No, but sleeping with your co-workers is frowned upon at many work places. 

Anyways, I guess they need the money to pay for their divorce settlements. :spin:

37 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

:clap3:

9 minutes ago, Attitude said:

Anyways, I guess they need the money to pay for their divorce settlements. :spin:

I doubt this is why they were fired, so it pivots back to the adultery. Honestly the network should just be honest and say they have a brand to protect and this scandal reflects poorly on their brand & values, I think its fair enough

Edited by Otter

how is that racist?? you got fired because of your own actions

accusing everyone of racism when things don't go your way devalues the actual meaning of racism..

40 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

As a public figure,  your conduct is always has an impact on your employer and can deem you unfit for said position. If this was a camera man or some scriptwriter I would agree

11 minutes ago, Otter said:

I doubt this is why they were fired, so it pivots back to the adultery. Honestly the network should just be honest and say they have a brand to protect and this scandal reflects poorly on their brand & values, I think its fair enough

Also, this wasn't an isolated incident. They were both sleeping around with other employees. Like that saying goes, don't **** where you eat.

I hope they win. **** ABC and their faux moral outrage. 

41 minutes ago, Otter said:

Agreed. We have this sort of clause in our employee handbook, and I don't work for a major national TV station.

on  MSNBC Joe Scarborough married his co host Mika Brzezinski and neither lost their job . not sure why the GMA hosts got fired since it seems to me they have a right to have a relationship .

Many companies mention in your contract that you must demonstrate public conduct that doesn't go against company values.

1 hour ago, Luckitty said:

how is that racist?? you got fired because of your own actions

accusing everyone of racism when things don't go your way devalues the actual meaning of racism..

I'm sure they are going to pull up receipts on white coworkers screwing around and not getting the same treatment.

Both these heaux are trash and deserve nothing but misery so as long as I no longer see them again I'm fine but i'm sure there is a double standard and these trash buckets will get a settlement/severance

YTl5ET6.gif

i guess cheating isnt exactly deserving to be fired for, but its obvious the company doenst wanna be associated with the mess this has made so it think its fair that they are getting the boot. they are public figures after all they should have expected this to happen eventually or else they would have been out much longer about it.

18 minutes ago, jdanton2 said:

on  MSNBC Joe Scarborough married his co host Mika Brzezinski and neither lost their job . not sure why the GMA hosts got fired since it seems to me they have a right to have a relationship .

that wasnt a scandal tho. not sure why you think with all the context that we have that that is anywhere comparable.

Y’all on their side are so blind to how the industry works :skull: this is ABC, owned by Disney. Any scandal that makes their network look bad makes them look bad - especially if it’s someone on the screen. 

Similar to how they drop Disney Channel stars for doing reckless things off camera (ie Mitchell Musso, it’s actually in their contract to maintain a good image), they will drop a news anchor for the same reason. People with strong values and opinions on adultery are NOT going to tune in to watch two adulterers discuss the news. 

This isn’t MY opinion, but it is the opinion of big corporations like Disney who strive to maintain a good image. I wouldn’t be surprised if their adult contracts have some of the same clauses as their teen star ones when it comes to public perception. I sincerely doubt they can win this one 

2 hours ago, Attitude said:

what if they get married

its true love! 

ot: as they should!

Not some atrlers defending cheaters nnn not surprised

YTl5ET6.gif

45 minutes ago, AlanRickman1946 said:

Many companies mention in your contract that you must demonstrate public conduct that doesn't go against company values.

It's basically this, their behavior goes against the company's image and values

1 minute ago, Katamari said:

what if they get married

its true love! 

ot: as they should!

Maybe, but I don't see this relationship lasting once the thrill of the cheating goes away. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.