Insurrection in Brazil: Far-Right Supporters Arrested for Invading Congress

Sergi91

The fact that someone thought that recreating Jan 6th was a good idea :deadbanana2: 

I hope Bolsonaro doesn't get away with it like Trump did. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• Communion

• James_Dean

• Kummercell

1 hour ago, James_Dean said:

So there’s nothing they’re really stopping? They’re just vandalizing? :rip:

15 minutes ago, Kummercell said:

exactly.

they're just there to cause a commotion

It's already estimated they destroyed millions worth of art, public property, and historical documents. :skull:

Lock them up to be honest, these are grown ass adults, they know what they are doing.

They are recording their own faces so it should be easy to identify them.

Insurrection serving "come to Brazil" and it came.

13 minutes ago, Communion said:

It's already estimated they destroyed millions worth of art, public property, and historical documents. :skull:

I just saw on twitter that they ripped one of Di Cavalcanti's paintings :biblio: they literally destroyed one of the most important pieces of brazilian history for nothing

I hope they all rot in jail

30 minutes ago, Communion said:

14 minutes ago, Kummercell said:

I just saw on twitter that they ripped one of Di Cavalcanti's paintings :biblio: they literally destroyed one of the most important pieces of brazilian history for nothing

I hope they all rot in jail

Absolutely awful :biblio:

3 hours ago, Communion said:

Liberal countries: "AUTHORITARIANISM IS BAD!"

Also liberal countries: *keep being victim to violent far-right insurrections any time the right-wing lose*

May Lula meet the moment and use any and all powers he has to slam the hammer down on the Brazilian right.

Show them what authoritarianism really means. :clap3: Have no mercy. Bring in the tanks! :clap3:

This reasoning is short-sighted. The far-right rioters are themselves advocates of authoritarianism. When the ones in power are not aligned with your views, authoritarianism stops being a minor convenience and starts becoming your worst nightmare.

Not Brazil doing a January 6th (Roman Reloaded)? :deadbanana2:

Why do I feel Cassia Kis probably went to the insurrection :deadbanana2:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoDmpSWpjfJFMEeIyG45B

Edited by Mellark

From The Guardian

Bolsonaro condemns the insurrection but denies any responsibility

Number of people arrrsted is about 300

As the insurrection happened during the weekend, there were not that many security personnel there. But of course, fewer members of congress were at risk.

7 hours ago, ZIVERT said:

Bolsonaro needs to be extradited back to Brazil to face trial. These far right losers won’t stop until they’re watching the world burn :biblio: 

Nothing has happened to Trump. Bolsonaro is in the United States because he knows that nothing will happen to him either.

Does anyone really think he didn't know that this was going to happen when he turned up in Florida?

The interesting part would be knowing how many people in the US intelligence community knew this was coming.

There are a lot of people who's job is to monitor communications relating to any potentials coup being planned around the world.

Now I'm sure this will come as a big surprise to some people:

11 hours ago, nadiamendell said:

:biblionny:  This is what happens when you let the far right run amok. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the right wing nuts in the US helped fund this. No more “they just have different oPiNiOns”. Please…

This!

8 hours ago, Espresso said:

It's documented several groups in the Jan. 6 insurrectionists in D.C. where actually aiming for those electoral college ballot boxes infamously shown being whisked away by Congressional interns in photos from that day, so in that sense, they actually had a purpose. 

Here, I'm all the more confused, because it was common knowledge Lula would be away :skull: So this is all out of spite? :rip: 

They want to imitate their daddies in USA. Insane how these supposed nationalists are so quick to look up to another nut job nation, guess it really is America first. 

1 hour ago, Letemtalk said:

Now I'm sure this will come as a big surprise to some people:

We should’ve known this man is pure evil the day he said he wanted chips in people’s brains. Death to all of them!

Hopefully Ibaneis will be impeached.  :clap3:

What we can take from this is that fascism still is a growing force in many sections within our population and institutions, including our military police, which makes easier for disgraced leaders like Ibaneis to use it as tool against the interests of the people. I've never been more secure in my position in favor of the demilitarization of our police than is these past two days. Brazil and pretty much any Latin American nation can't have a police institution at a state level disconnected to the civilian control, Costa Rica understood this decades ago. 

Lula is working fast and the call for federal intervention was the right move, but the fact that the local military police of Distrito Federal guided the invaders towards the Praça dos Três Poderes needs to be an eye-opener that Bolsonaro being defeated on the elections last year won't be enough to stop the threats of corruped forces against our democracy, especially now under a PT administration. This facist movement goes beyond Bolsonaro's presence as a leader.

12 minutes ago, Scars said:

Hopefully Ibaneis will be impeached.  :clap3:

What we can take from this is that fascism still is a growing force in many sections within our population and institutions, including our military police, which makes easier for disgraced leaders like Ibaneis to use it as tool against the interests of the people. I've never been more secure in my position in favor of the demilitarization of our police than is these past two days. Brazil and pretty much any Latin American nation can't have a police institution at a state level disconnected to the civilian control, Costa Rica understood this decades ago. 

Lula is working fast and the call for federal intervention was the right move, but the fact that the local military police of Distrito Federal guided the invaders towards the Praça dos Três Poderes needs to be an eye-opener that Bolsonaro being defeated on the elections last year won't be enough to stop the threats of corruped forces against our democracy, especially now under a PT administration. This facist movement goes beyond Bolsonaro's presence as a leader.

This. They're only willing to act when it's against teachers, students and black people. Useless and disgusting.

Send Bolsonaros, AND George "Check Fraud in Brazil" Santos back to face the full extent of the law :clap3:

12 minutes ago, Espresso said:

So embarrassing. I need to see this man in PRISON just like his fellow evil autocratic dictator buddy Trump.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.