Diversity 5: Let's Celebrate! | Winner revealed (pg.154)

thecptz

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Ttoki

• Dessy

• Not Like The Movies

NPrewYs.png

ROUND 3 (all day, all night)

ENTRIES

while you all wait for the judges, here are all the songs for you to have fun with it OR you can just critique these songs too :heart2:

judges will have 36 hours (10.30am ET on saturday 4th) to judge your entries!!

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

Spoiler

Billie Eilish - bury a friend (Night)

Björk - There's More To Life Than This (Night)

Carly Rae Jepsen - Fever (Night)

Charli XCX - Backseat (Night)

Christina Aguilera - Monday Morning (Day)

Demi Lovato - Give Your Heart a Break (Day)

Doja Cat - Streets (Silhouette Remix) (Night)

Dua Lipa - Running (Night)

Esperanza Spalding - Fall In (Night)

FKA twigs - tears in the club (Night)

Foxes - Night Glo (Night)

Kesha - Dancing With Tears in My Eyes (Night)

Kylie Minogue - On a Night Like This (Night)

Miley Cyrus - Gimme What I Want (Night)

P!nk - U + Ur Hand (Night)

Shygirl - SIREN (Night)

Solange - Sound of Rain (Night)

The Cardigans - Carnival (Night)

Usher - This Day (Day)

Yerin Baek - You're so lonely now, so you need me back by your side again (Night)

good luck :heart2:

only 2 days damn 

Coming for that uniqueness point yup yup

1 minute ago, Hikari said:

only 2 days damn 

3 :kii:

3 minutes ago, Hikari said:

only 2 days damn 

Stay in school barb

exactly, drag hikari, give me ratings!

:rip::rip::bibliahh:

I mean foxes has like 0 day songs so it's not my fault 💀

ROUND THREE CRITIQUES

Billie Eilish - bury a friend (Night): Pretty emblematic of night. The song itself has good production but I’ve never really understood how it’s considered a “bop” like people always say!

Björk - There's More To Life Than This (Night): Big nightclub vibe, but never been a massive fan of Debut and this isn’t much of an exception

Carly Rae Jepsen - Fever (Night): I think you made the right choice choosing this over MTMOTN, it's her most nocturnal sounding song. Also a bop!

Charli XCX - Backseat (Night): My feelings on this song are basically the same as Carly’s, but I like this one more

Christina Aguilera - Monday Morning (Day): Santigold we love you… cute song. The title makes it an obvious fit, sonically it mostly works and has a fun, carefree vibe similar to the stuff from the first round, but a lot of the lyrics seem to be referencing a night out so idk

Demi Lovato - Give Your Heart a Break (Day): I loooove this song and I understand what you were going for, although something about her vocal performance kinda draws this back from feeling “light” to me

Doja Cat - Streets (Silhouette Remix) (Night): The sound here nails the theme so hard, I’ve always adored the production’s darkness :jonny: Lyrically it generally works with a nighttime lust/sex thing to it. Love the song too!

Dua Lipa - Running (Night): Some of the production here does give a nighttime vibe, not sure if it’s quite there but I get the choice. The song is alright

Esperanza Spalding - Fall In (Night): Like CBC’s entry being the soundtrack for a late night at the club, this has night at a fancy restaurant vibes. Lyrically it shifts from that to sleeping, so also fine. It's a pleasant listen :smitten:

FKA twigs - tears in the club (Night): A depressing night at the club yes very obvious connection here. I’m tired of The Weeknd but other than him very fun track

Foxes - Night Glo (Night): Both lyrically and sonically, another obvious fit. For taste this has kinda aged for me but there are elements I enjoy

Kesha - Dancing With Tears in My Eyes (Night): Lyrically there’s a strong connection, but it doesn’t sound too nocturnal to me, I do actually see what you're saying with the autotune though kjdhfg. Personal taste it’s a banger! Albeit I don’t love it as much as I used to

Kylie Minogue - On a Night Like This (Night): Lyrically checks the box, sonically being dance-pop/house it’s inherently clubby so has a nighttime vibe although it could be darker than it is. The song is cute!

Miley Cyrus - Gimme What I Want (Night): I didn’t remember this sounding so dark… definitely works for me. Lyrically it has the sexy nighttime vibe Doja’s does. I enjoy it a lot too, probably my biggest surprise this round because I didn't remember stanning it!

P!nk - U + Ur Hand (Night): Works lyrically for sure, but could be a little darker sonically. Song-wise one of my faves from her!

Shygirl - SIREN (Night): Sonically a perfect fit, lyrically a good enough amount of references to “long nights” and partying so I think it works there too. Taste-wise I love it and as this Genius commenter put it: aHVl8aq.png

Solange - Sound of Rain (Night): First off I really liked your description! The production on this is very fitting and soo cool Pharrell snapped. Lyrically I’m not really sure what it’s about ffff but she does mention “all night long” so I’ll give you that. Love the song :heart2:

The Cardigans - Carnival (Night): I understand your explanation, a little on the fence of whether the production fits or not since it could be applicable to both day and night but I sortaaaa see it. The song is nice, been enthused with their stuff this season so I should really check their discography!

Usher - This Day (Day): Please me thinking “this has kid’s movie soundtrack vibes” then I checked the album it’s from and jdhgfhjk. Anyways um it’s weirdly intense for a day-song lol so idk about this, but I see the “magical” vibe you described. Taste-wise not my fave

Yerin Baek - You're so lonely now, so you need me back by your side again (Night): The opening production is very haunting, and although the rest is a little more minimal I think it’s a solid choice. Lyrically it fits with the other depressing/melancholic songs this round. Very nice as well!

@K$Ellie @CBC @Staryu @Future Lover @Auburn @Noah @EscapismRoars @luckystrike @ATRL Username @Touch It @Delirious @Lucky#17 @Seffers @wish @Rotunda @minho @Not Like The Movies @Overprotected @Dessy @Alena

@Euterpe @Sanguine @Element @Hikari @Tom Vercetti

4 minutes ago, Sanguine said:

ROUND THREE CRITIQUES

Hide contents

Billie Eilish - bury a friend (Night): Pretty emblematic of night. The song itself has good production but I’ve never really understood how it’s considered a “bop” like people always say!

Björk - There's More To Life Than This (Night): Big nightclub vibe, but never been a massive fan of Debut and this isn’t much of an exception

Carly Rae Jepsen - Fever (Night): I think you made the right choice choosing this over MTMOTN, it's her most nocturnal sounding song. Also a bop!

Charli XCX - Backseat (Night): My feelings on this song are basically the same as Carly’s, but I like this one more

Christina Aguilera - Monday Morning (Day): Santigold we love you… cute song. The title makes it an obvious fit, sonically it mostly works and has a fun, carefree vibe similar to the stuff from the first round, but a lot of the lyrics seem to be referencing a night out so idk

Demi Lovato - Give Your Heart a Break (Day): I loooove this song and I understand what you were going for, although something about her vocal performance kinda draws this back from feeling “light” to me

Doja Cat - Streets (Silhouette Remix) (Night): The sound here nails the theme so hard, I’ve always adored the production’s darkness :jonny: Lyrically it generally works with a nighttime lust/sex thing to it. Love the song too!

Dua Lipa - Running (Night): Some of the production here does give a nighttime vibe, not sure if it’s quite there but I get the choice. The song is alright

Esperanza Spalding - Fall In (Night): Like CBC’s entry being the soundtrack for a late night at the club, this has night at a fancy restaurant vibes. Lyrically it shifts from that to sleeping, so also fine. It's a pleasant listen :smitten:

FKA twigs - tears in the club (Night): A depressing night at the club yes very obvious connection here. I’m tired of The Weeknd but other than him very fun track

Foxes - Night Glo (Night): Both lyrically and sonically, another obvious fit. For taste this has kinda aged for me but there are elements I enjoy

Kesha - Dancing With Tears in My Eyes (Night): Lyrically there’s a strong connection, but it doesn’t sound too nocturnal to me, I do actually see what you're saying with the autotune though kjdhfg. Personal taste it’s a banger! Albeit I don’t love it as much as I used to

Kylie Minogue - On a Night Like This (Night): Lyrically checks the box, sonically being dance-pop/house it’s inherently clubby so has a nighttime vibe although it could be darker than it is. The song is cute!

Miley Cyrus - Gimme What I Want (Night): I didn’t remember this sounding so dark… definitely works for me. Lyrically it has the sexy nighttime vibe Doja’s does. I enjoy it a lot too, probably my biggest surprise this round because I didn't remember stanning it!

P!nk - U + Ur Hand (Night): Works lyrically for sure, but could be a little darker sonically. Song-wise one of my faves from her!

Shygirl - SIREN (Night): Sonically a perfect fit, lyrically a good enough amount of references to “long nights” and partying so I think it works there too. Taste-wise I love it and as this Genius commenter put it: aHVl8aq.png

Solange - Sound of Rain (Night): First off I really liked your description! The production on this is very fitting and soo cool Pharrell snapped. Lyrically I’m not really sure what it’s about ffff but she does mention “all night long” so I’ll give you that. Love the song :heart2:

The Cardigans - Carnival (Night): I understand your explanation, a little on the fence of whether the production fits or not since it could be applicable to both day and night but I sortaaaa see it. The song is nice, been enthused with their stuff this season so I should really check their discography!

Usher - This Day (Day): Please me thinking “this has kid’s movie soundtrack vibes” then I checked the album it’s from and jdhgfhjk. Anyways um it’s weirdly intense for a day-song lol so idk about this, but I see the “magical” vibe you described. Taste-wise not my fave

Yerin Baek - You're so lonely now, so you need me back by your side again (Night): The opening production is very haunting, and although the rest is a little more minimal I think it’s a solid choice. Lyrically it fits with the other depressing/melancholic songs this round. Very nice as well!

@K$Ellie @CBC @Staryu @Future Lover @Auburn @Noah @EscapismRoars @luckystrike @ATRL Username @Touch It @Delirious @Lucky#17 @Seffers @wish @Rotunda @minho @Not Like The Movies @Overprotected @Dessy @Alena

:clap3:

21 minutes ago, Sanguine said:

ROUND THREE CRITIQUES

Reveal hidden contents

damn ur so fast :clap3:

11 hours ago, Sanguine said:

ROUND THREE CRITIQUES

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you for the bloody lashing judge Sanguine :clap3:

Oops the risk mightve flopped :mandown:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.