Diversity 5: Let's Celebrate! | Winner revealed (pg.154)

thecptz

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Ttoki

• Dessy

• Not Like The Movies

NPrewYs.png

CRITIQUES

ROUND 2

Spoiler
On 1/28/2023 at 3:33 PM, Hikari said:

『h』『i』『k』『a』『r』『i』 『h』『a』『s』 『s』『h』『*』『t』 『t』『o』 『s』『a』『y』

JWcgzZU.gif

Reveal hidden contents

Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

Not really the biggest fan of this song tbh but the bending of genre is obviously evident here.

Björk - Atopos 

I mean you could literally send anything from this album and it would fit the theme, I do like the song a lot.

Carly Rae Jepsen - All That 

This is definitely diffrent from what we are used to from Carly, Dev Hynes did a fantastic job producing this song.

Charli XCX - claws 

Well we can always count on Charli when it comes to genre bending bops, this had always been a fave on this album.

Christina Aguilera - Slow Down Baby 

My second favorite song from Back To Basics, which is also her second best album x

Demi Lovato - Remember December 

I feel like pop and rock go hand in hand most of the time that it feels like the norm already, not a fan of the song unfortunately.

Doja Cat - Candy

Just like pop and rock, rnb and hip hop are connected with each other most of the time. One of my faves from Amala tho.

Dua Lipa - Love Again 

I mean the combination of pop and disco is very typical, the acoustic guitars gave the song a nice touch.

Esperanza Spalding - Good Lava 

The fusion of jazz and rock can be a lil bit jarring at times but once you get it, you just get it.

FKA twigs - In Time 

Not really my personal fave in the EP but it did its job and definitely the most fitting for the theme out of the songs there.

Foxes - Body Suit 

The song was a bit too lowkey, too simple but i did hear the elements of the genres you mentioned in your explanation.

Kelis - Song For The Baby 

Hmmm I feel like you chose the right album for the theme but I'm quite not sure about this song choice.

Kesha - Red Lipstick 

It was a very nice discovery, my favorite part is probably the violins(?) playing in the background at the bridge before the final chorus.

Kylie Minogue - Dancing 

I do think this song is a bit overhated but it's nice to see Kylie doing something out of her comfort zone.

Miley Cyrus - Prisoner 

I like this song but I feel like this was an extremely safe choice. Playing it safe is fine I guess.

P!nk - Lady Marmalade 

This was a bit of a stretch, I don't know girl. I'm sorry. 

Shygirl - Cleo (Edit) 

Yeah I can hear it. It's definitely more dramatic than her usual stuff. Sounds like a grower, maybe I need more time with it.

Solange - Lovers in The Parking Lot 

Nice melodies, nice vocals I'm not really sure what's lacking but I liked the song overall

The Cardigans - Erase / Rewind 

I like that the verses of the song have that dreamy part, it was also in the chorus but i liked it more in the verses.

TWICE - HANDLE IT 

I kinda dislike the lo-fi parts of the song, I'm just not a big fan of that genre.

Usher - More (RedOne Jimmy Joker Remix) 

Well at least it's not that Guetta song, good job for not sending that.

Yerin Baek - 0415 

A very nice UK garage song, kinda shook when I first heard it like Ive only known Yerin mostly for her ballad stuff.

On 1/29/2023 at 3:21 AM, Euterpe said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Fitting? Yes, I do think it’s fitting, especially with the transition into another genre. Do I like it? Partially. Kelly Clarkson did it better.

Björk - Atopos

Fitting? I didn’t know half of what your explanation was, but I did hear the mix of genres in the song. Do I like it? No.

Fitting? I don’t think the mix of genres was very clear, but I did hear hints. Do I like it? Actually, I did like it!

Charli XCX - claws

Fitting? Kind of, I can hear a little what you’re saying, but I don’t think it’s super clear. Do I like it? Not really, but I don’t completely hate it.

Fitting? I think the first two elements of your explanation make more sense than the touch of the others in the other parts of your life explanation, but it’s still two. Do I like it? Yeah, I really enjoyed the way she used her voice for this.

Fitting? Pretty basic fit, but it fits. Do I like it? Her younger voice doesn’t jive with me as much as when I was younger, but I still really like the song.

Doja Cat - Candy

Fitting? Yeah, I can hear what you were talking about. Do I like it? Yeah, it’s enjoyable.

Dua Lipa - Love Again

Fitting? Basic fit, but it fits. Do I like it? Yes, I love this song.

Fitting? I can see what you’re saying, but I also think it might lean towards one specific genre than others. Do I like it? It’s strange, because I’m not sure. It’s such a unique song that my brain doesn’t know what to do with it.

FKA twigs - In Time

Fitting? It blends them very well, though it came be argued one genre supersedes. Do I like it? I really like the experimental sound aspects. Enjoyable.

Foxes - Body Suit

Fitting? Yes, I think the genre integration was obvious and well combined. Do I like it? Yes, I actually found this really enjoyable.

PDF? 10/10, very well made. Fitting? For the most part, I see what you’re saying, but I don’t think the integration is obvious. Do I like it? I’m not its biggest fan.

Kesha - Red Lipstick

Fitting? Yes. Do I like it? For the most part.

Kylie Minogue - Dancing

Fitting? Yes. Do I like it? Meh, it’s okay.

Miley Cyrus - Prisoner

Fitting? I’m only focusing on Miley since she’s the artist for the round, and I still think she hits the genre markers you mentioned even if Dua wasn’t there. Do I like it? I do like it.

P!nk - Lady Marmalade

Fitting? Okay, you know what? Let’s talk about it. The artist isn’t the one genre blending, it’s the other artists. P!nk herself has slight integration, but not a ton. This is a genre blending for one artist round, not a collaboration round. Do I like it? I think you’re lucky the song slaps.

Shygirl - Cleo (Edit)

Fitting? There were definitely indicators for the round in the song. Do I like it? It’s okay.

Fitting? Yes. Do I like it? Yes, I do!

Fitting? Yeah, I can hear different elements. Do I like it? It’s okay.

TWICE - HANDLE IT

Fitting? When listening to it, it’s not super clear, but it has hints to where I can see why you submitted it, but I don’t know if it’s enough. Do I like it? Meh, it’s alright. They have nice voices.

Fitting? The fact that it’s a remix shows that Usher wasn’t the one making moves, it was the added of the remix that made it what it was for the round. So while I can see it fitting, it’s disappointing. Do I like it? The song is fun to dance to, and I do love it.

Yerin Baek - 0415

Fitting? Yes. Do I like it? Yes, but also, strangely, Yerin’s voice sounded like the lead singer of Dido’s. Just an anecdote, not something I minded.

On 1/29/2023 at 4:44 AM, Sanguine said:

ROUND TWO CRITIQUES

This K-Pop, Dance-Pop, Electropop, Electro-Industrial, Electro House, Trap, EDM, Dutch House, Indian Pop, Art Pop, Synthpop, Contemporary R&B, Electroclash, Darkwave, Kuduro, Twerk, Bubbling House, Freestyle, Synth Funk, Nu-Disco, Pop Rock, Funk Rock, Disco, New Wave, Complextro, Skweee, Baltimore Club, Chiptune, Bitpop, Halloween Music, Glitch Hop, Soft Rock, Teen Pop, Folktronica masterpiece

- me if Slayyyter wasn't eliminated

Reveal hidden contents

Theme: Assignment understood, the dichotomy between the first and second half is obvious
Taste: I've always found this a little overrated but I do still enjoy it! Randomly think the Folk part is better tbh, her vocals and melodies aren't as suited towards rock

Björk - Atopos

Theme: I was gonna mad if you somehow managed to fumbled this one! But you didn't :heart2:

Taste: My second fave on Fossora behind the title track, it's such a banger she really said lemme give y'all something equally experimental and boppy

Theme: Solid choice, the influence from Soul and R&B blends into the Pop and Electronic elements well, might not be fully distinct though

Taste: Amazing, the bridge :smitten:

Charli XCX - claws

Theme: Feels like the culmination of everything she's done from N1A up to that point. Good choice! 

Taste: Mega banger

Theme: Works for me, the Jazz elements are very present in the production

Taste: It's alright, kept me engaged at least

Theme: Actually like this choice, I think it deserves more credit than you gave it in your description even!

Taste: I miss this Demi

Doja Cat - Candy

Theme: This combo isn't really anything that special but it gets the job done I suppose

Taste: Amala is so underrated [98] and Candy is one of my personal highlights! 

Dua Lipa - Love Again

Theme: This combo isn't really anything that special but it gets the job done I suppose [2] the strings do add to it a lil bit

Taste: Kinda repetitive and long but a cute bop

Theme: The genres almost blended TOO much at points but I hear the elements you mention so it's fine

Taste: It's giving Black Midi... and we love that

FKA twigs - In Time

Theme: I never noticed how much the intro sounds like a David Guetta song or something ksjhgd anyways yeah it's good

Taste: Probably my favorite from the EP!

Foxes - Body Suit

Theme: It's her All That moment, which was also sent this round! I would say my critique is similar but this might be a better fit? The Jazzy/Sophisti-Pop stuff stands out more

Taste: Very pleasant and easy to listen, became one of my faves from the album tbh

Theme: I truly respect the PDF but honestly the different elements don't stick out a ton here. I sort of hear it?

Taste: It's cute

Kesha - Red Lipstick

Theme: Mostly works I would say, the rock elements do overpower the rest for a good amount of the song though

Taste: Sounds like a Miranda Cosgrove song (complimentary)

Kylie Minogue - Dancing

Theme: Check, everything's pretty on-the-nose here

Taste: Don't enjoy this song at all sorry sjhgfhj unfortunately the genre blending created a disaster

Miley Cyrus - Prisoner

Theme: I think there were more interesting options for her but it is a proper execution of Pop + Rock yeah

Taste: Your guest luckystrike kinda drags this down. Miley's parts are better though

P!nk - Lady Marmalade

Theme: I get what you're going for although I'm not COMPLETELY sold. Similar to Prisoner these elements have been so ever-present in Pop music the past few decades it doesn't exactly feel that ambitious, but I do hear the genres you're describing

Taste: Slightly overrated ngl but some parts go off

Shygirl - Cleo (Edit)

Theme: The non-edit does more justice for the theme, but the classical strings appear enough for it to be acceptable

Taste: Not my fave song by her but a bop regardless, I still think it's funny she basically only made this to get more gays on board with her after she was featured on the Chromatica remix album

Theme: Feels a little subtle, but I get the approach

Taste: Equally pretty and catchy, a little repetitive but doesn't outstay its welcome too much

Theme: The album cover is sending me omg it's so bad... yep there's pretty distinct rocky/electronic parts here

Taste: Really nice :jamming: also the instrumental in the chorus sounds REALLY familiar does it sample something

TWICE - HANDLE IT

Theme: Hmm I sort of hear the blend, yes it does give Lo-Fi Hip Hop playlist girl

Taste: Not really feeling ha :/

Theme: It's kinda just a dime a dozen EDM-Pop song but the elements are present

Taste: Oh is this remix the one they played on radio? I thought you just sent a random remix lmao. It's a nostalgic bop

Yerin Baek - 0415

Theme: The R&B melody/vocals blend well with the Garage-y production!!

Taste: One of her biggest bops slayy

@K$Ellie @CBC @Staryu @Future Lover @Auburn @Noah @D e v o n @luckystrike @ATRL Username @Touch It @Delirious @Post Malone @Lucky#17 @Seffers @wish @Rotunda @minho @Not Like The Movies @Overprotected @kittenish @Dessy @Alena

On 1/30/2023 at 3:06 AM, Element said:

elliegoulding.gif

ELEMENT'S    CRITIQUES

Reveal hidden contents

Wow, she definitely tailor-made this song for this round, huh? The dichotomy is clear and exciting. It’s actually interesting to see this entry with two distinct sections, because I’d imagine the rest of them will blend the genres throughout. From a personal taste perspective… I think that this song is incredibly overrated and I have no problem tanking it in a rate to balance out the unmerited praise. From a raw scoring perspective, it will get a mid-to-decent score for me.

Björk - Atopos
Oh my… last week, I was a Bjork stan. This week, I am a Bjork hater. I struggled to get into this one. It was very discordant. For the theme aspect? I think this was a good choice, and certainly one of the most exciting/unique of the round!

I think this is pretty effective overall. Both the R&B and synthpop elements are apparent! She did a nice job blending them. I would say if I had to do a ranking of Carly’s discography, this would end up in the upper middle? It’s pretty good. The production in the last minute especially is super lovely.

Charli XCX - claws
*screams* I feel so bad because I’m going to be such a headache for you this season. I really do not like this song. I think I gave it a 4/10 or 5/10 in a rate that it was in. For the genre blending, I think it was fine enough. For me, the bubblegum bass kind of feels like a pop spin-off in a way but I guess it’s EDM technically per my research.

Okayyy finally I’m bopping a bit. I liked this song a lot more than the last entry for sure. I can see influences from pop, soul, and jazz. Nice pick — and I appreciated seeing a less “common” blending.

First of all, I absolutely love this song. It’s one of my favorites from Demi’s earlier eras! Super catchy, fun production, and explosive energy. From the theme perspective, I think this is a strong example for pop rock (which to me is a pretty basic blending choice). I think you could even argue pop punk?? Regardless, great job.

Doja Cat - Candy
I definitely can see the elements of R&B and hip-hop here… there’s seemingly pop aspects too? Doja is always a solid example of genre-bending, because she so perfectly weaves together brilliant, witty rap verses with catchy radio-ready pop/R&B melodies. I’ve always enjoyed this song, so you get points for personal taste!

Dua Lipa - Love Again
A lovely song from a lovely album! I feel like my critiques for FN songs are going to be so lazy because I just like almost everything from that album. The genre blending was successful for sure — albeit a bit safe as a choice.

Um wow, okay… well I certainly didn’t expect to hear this from her after the last few entries! She’s definitely giving a diverse catalogue. Unfortunately though, she threw out everything that I loved about “City of Roses”. This was very challenging to enjoy. For the theme aspect, the rock aspects are very clear, but I’m struggling to find the jazz.

FKA twigs - In Time
Nice choice for the genre blending! I think you can hear both sides pretty well. I’ve actually never heard this song, so I was very impressed tbh. It has a lot of cool experimental elements and I like the melodies.

Foxes - Body Suit
This is one of the weakest songs on The Kick, in my opinion. I still think it’s decent though. The throwback vibes are pretty cool. She does a pretty good job of weaving the pop/jazz/R&B aspects throughout and your explanation was well done too!

Yesssss PDF we are living for it!! I really enjoyed this (yet again! you’re 3/3). It’s very engaging and catchy and just a lovely time all around. Now, as far as the genre blending goes…. IDK if I’m seeing it that much. It starts off with some hints of the soul instrumentation, but the rest seems pretty pop to me. I wish she had kept that blend a bit stronger throughout.

Kesha - Red Lipstick
A solid entry overall! I can hear elements from both genres and I think they work pretty well together. The chorus is catchy for sure… this definitely transports me back to like 2009 haha.

Kylie Minogue - Dancing
This is one of my favorite entries for the challenge prompt so far tbh. Nobody else is serving country (which tbh is a bit of a risk because I know some people don’t like country), so I really appreciate this wildcard. Thank you for not doing disco!! She does a very successful job of integrating the country, pop, and house elements. I definitely enjoy this — the chorus is super fun and the country elements are not overbearing. They actually add some fun intrigue/grit to the tropical house vibe which was so overdone at this time. Great job!

Miley Cyrus - Prisoner
I LOVE this song!!! In any other setting, this is an immediate 10 from me for personal taste. But I am absolutely perplexed by sending a song where half of the vocals are not only another person, but another contestant in the game. It really takes away from letting your artist shine. I’m torn about what to do lol. For the theme, I think it’s a good representation of pop/rock, if not a bit basic.

P!nk - Lady Marmalade
I do not understand this entry at all. P!nk is barely present. The song is a classic but it makes absolutely no sense for a game where you’re trying to showcase a particular artist (plus one of the 4 singers is another competitor who shines brighter?? I need to give Auburn a bonus point now).

Shygirl - Cleo (Edit)
This was the first song I discovered/added to my playlists in January 2022 so it has a fun memory for me as like an INTRO to the new year. Such a lovely track. The vibe is immaculate and I love her voice. For the theme, I think this is a very creative and clever blend — who else is doing house and classical??

Very nice song!! I loved the atmosphere and her heavenly vocals. I can definitely hear a subtle mix of the genres, so I think it’s a pretty solid entry in that regard.

I really liked this! It captures that late 90s vibe that I love. I hear elements from both genres pretty clearly, so I think this was a success overall.

TWICE - HANDLE IT
Hmmm… I kind of get what your angle is but it’s definitely not a remarkable or distinctive blend IMO. The melody is cute and they sound nice. I wouldn’t mind if it came on but I wouldn’t seek it out.

Major nostalgic bop for me!! I love it. For the theme… it’s a bit generic. Like it feels a bit straight forward with pop/dance blending almost TOO much that they become non-distinct.

Yerin Baek - 0415
Ooooh yes this was very very fun and creative. I enjoyed the mix of genres and they worked together really really well! I also like how I didn’t have to THINK about which genres they were — it was crystal clear. Great pick.

@K$Ellie @CBC @Staryu @Future Lover @Auburn @Noah @D e v o n @luckystrike @ATRL Username @Touch It @Delirious @Post Malone @Lucky#17 @Seffers @wish @Rotunda @minho @Not Like The Movies @Overprotected @kittenish @Dessy @Alena

On 1/30/2023 at 5:43 AM, Tom Vercetti said:

2AopB7c.png

Reveal hidden contents

Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever: I get the progression of the song into a different genre. Song wise I don't really like the 1st half of the song. When it gets to the rock it's okay. 

Björk - Atopos: Most of her songs fits this round so you were secure on that. Song wise, I dislike this song unfortunately. One of my least favorites from her as I find the saxophones to be grating. 

Carly Rae Jepsen - All That: I hear the blend. Def a different song from her usual stuff. Song wise it's one of her best. 

Charli XCX - claws: Theme wise I think it's a good enough fit. Song wise it's great. 

Christina Aguilera - Slow Down Baby: Definitely hear the jazz/r&b/pop fusion all-together. Song wise, it's def better than your last entry. I kinda like it. 

Demi Lovato - Remember December: I get the pop + rock combo but as other judges have said, it's not completely diverse. Song wise, I kinda like this song. 

Doja Cat - Candy: This genre combination is pretty standard for her so the combo isn't really interesting. Song wise, it's okay. 

Dua Lipa - Love Again: Disco pop has been a tired trend of the 20s so far but this fits the assignment nonetheless. Song wise it's decent. 

Esperanza Spalding - Good Lava: Definitely one of the standouts as far as genre-blending goes. Song wise, it's not for me at all sorry. 

FKA twigs - In Time: It's pretty complexing and convincing theme wise. Song Wise, my favorite song here. 

Foxes - Body Suit: Def similar to All That but this also fits the assignment. Song wise, it's slightly enjoyable for this round.  

Kelis - Song For The Baby: I see her genre-blending vision with this song. Song wise, eh it doesn't really appeal to me. 

Kesha - Red Lipstick: Surprised to see this from her but it's another pop + rock fit. Song wise, it's not too bad actually. 

Kylie Minogue - Dancing: It definitely blends multiple genres so there's that. Song wise, I don't like sound of the combo at all so it's not hitting for me. 

Miley Cyrus - Prisoner: Out of the pop + rock combos, this was the most impressionable for me. Song wise, it's decent. 

P!nk - Lady Marmalade: Theme wise I can hear a few things going on I guess. Song wise, i'm only going to be judging p!nk's part in this song and sadly she's not very memorable to me here. 

Shygirl - Cleo (Edit): The classical elements here are noticeable so that paired with euro-house means it's a decent enough fit. Song wise, it's fine enough. Not one of my faves from her. 

Solange - Lovers in The Parking Lot: Theme wise it's a good fit. Song Wise, I enjoyed it. Another good entry. 

The Cardigans - Erase / Rewind: I notice the Indietronica here. Song wise it's interesting, I like it. 

TWICE - HANDLE IT: I'm a bit iffy on the "lo-fi" inclusion but I guess the instrumental has some components of lo-fi hip hop. Song wise, it's pretty chill which I don't mind. I kinda like it. 

Usher - More (RedOne Jimmy Joker Remix): This was almost a cop-out to me but there is a blend so I can't knock off that much from it. Song wise, it's kind of on the nostalgic side so to me it's listenable. 

Yerin Baek - 0415: I'm an EDM fanatic so I def approve of this blending. Song Wise, it's really great. Perhaps my favorite my her.

My judge entry for this theme is this electropop + dancehall + contemporary r&b throwback 2011 hit. 

NPrewYs.png 

RESULTS

Spoiler
On 1/30/2023 at 11:36 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 17th place...

with the average of 7.2

Reveal hidden contents

Miley Cyrus with Prisoner!

@wish

congrats!!! it's the 24-1-17 for me

in 16th place...

with the average of 7.46

Reveal hidden contents

Kylie Minogue with Dancing!

congrats!!!

On 1/30/2023 at 11:39 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 15th place...

with the average of 7.54

Reveal hidden contents

Doja Cat with Candy!

@EscapismRoars

congrats!!! amala so good its true.

in 14th place...

with the average of 7.54

Reveal hidden contents

Björk with Atopos!

congrats!!! her first flop... gasps.

On 1/30/2023 at 11:42 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 13th place...

with the average of 7.66

Reveal hidden contents

Kesha with Red Lipstick!

@Lucky#17

congrats!!!

in 12th place...

with the average of 7.74

Reveal hidden contents

Billie Eilish with Happier Than Ever!

congrats!!!

On 1/30/2023 at 11:45 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 11th place...

with the average of 7.78

Reveal hidden contents

Charli XCX with claws!

@Future Lover

https://open.spotify.com/track/7Dexi5Z2IowCkHrnzlWysc?si=15e832f98fe04552

congrats!!! robbed of a top 10!!!

in 10th place...

with the average of 7.86

Reveal hidden contents
On 1/30/2023 at 11:48 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 9th place...

with the average of 7.9

Reveal hidden contents

Demi Lovato with Remember December!

@Noah

congrats!!!

in 8th place...

with the average of 7.92

Reveal hidden contents

Shygirl with Cleo - Edit!

congrats!!!

On 1/30/2023 at 11:52 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 7th place...

with the average of 7.92

Reveal hidden contents

Foxes with Body Suit!

@Delirious

congrats!!! the underdog arc starting??? omg

in 6th place...

with the average of 8.16

Reveal hidden contents

Carly Rae Jepsen with All That!

congrats!!! i love all that.

On 1/30/2023 at 11:55 AM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 5th place...

with the average of 8.18

Reveal hidden contents

Solange with Lovers In The Parking Lot!

@Not Like The Movies

congrats!!!

in 4th place...

with the average of 8.32

Reveal hidden contents

The Cardigans with Erase / Rewind!

congrats!!! THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR GIVING ME RATINGS! #successful

On 1/30/2023 at 12:00 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 3rd place...

with the average of 8.32

Reveal hidden contents

Christina Aguilera with Slow Down Baby!

@Auburn

congrats!!! #1STTIMESLAYING #SoGood #Success

in 2nd place...

with the average of 8.98

Reveal hidden contents

FKA twigs with In Time!

congrats!!! YAS BESTIE!

On 1/30/2023 at 12:03 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 1st place...

with the average of 9.1

Reveal hidden contents

Yerin Baek with 0415!

@Alena

congrats!!! QUEEN DESERVES HER WIN!

On 1/30/2023 at 12:07 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 18th place... and SAFE

with the average of 7

Reveal hidden contents

Usher with More (RedOne Jimmy Joker Remix)!

@Dessy

congrats!!! #Ratings

in 19th place... and also SAFE

with the average of 6.92

Reveal hidden contents

Esperanza Spalding with Good Lava!

congrats!!! whew....

On 1/30/2023 at 12:12 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 20th place... and SINGING OFF

with the average of 6.28

Reveal hidden contents

TWICE with HANDLE IT!

@kittenish

good luck! :emofish:

in 21st place... and SINGING OFF

with the average of 6.16

Reveal hidden contents

Kelis with Song For The Baby Z!

in 22nd place... and SINGING OFF

with the average of 5.3

Reveal hidden contents

P!nk with Lady Marmalade!

@Rotunda

NPrewYs.png

SING-OFF ENTRIES

welcome to our second sing-off of the season, kelis, p!nk, and twice have found themselves in the bottom 3 battling it out.

i have to say that reading the judges critiques, you all def brought your best and it's such a close decision

but in the end, only one act can stay.

but first ... lets see what they performed!

first up, TWICE performed Cry For Me!

Spoiler

next, P!nk with an iconic performance of Glitter In The Air!

Spoiler

and ending our sing-off with Kelis with Acapella!

Spoiler

next post, we will announce the results of the second sing-off!

4 minutes ago, Auburn said:

Good luck

thank you <3

NPrewYs.png

SING-OFF RESULTS

first up, this time, it's judge Ally Brooke!

jD33T3G.png 

here's what she had to say:

Huh… let me gather my thoughts

Kelis: the outfit >>> the performance. It was good, but not that good

Twice: I liked the choreography and the solid vocals. Everything was on point and entertaining throughout. I might have to stan

P!nk: I still get amazed that she can pull off doing that while singing well. It was an iconic performance, but I also feel like because of the big spectacle, it takes away from the song itself, which I don’t like.

she has made her decision. and she decided to save...

TWICE!

next up, it's judge Caroline Polachek!

RHZIIxk.png

last time ally and her agreed with each other, will that be the case this time around?

here's what she had to say:

P!nk: Vocal performance has to be one of her best. I disagree a bit with Euterpe's criticism, the spectacle element doesn't come too soon or overshadow the rest for me (maybe just a little in the parts soon after she does it but that's it). The end is really impressive and prevents the second half of the performance from becoming stale, so overall, it's obvious why it's probably her most iconic moment

Twice: The camerawork here is weird to me? Disregarding that for my critique since I'm not sure it's really that important, this has obviously been practiced to perfection and on all technical fronts it works. But it's lacking the charm and novelty that P!nk's has, the choreo felt slightly lifeless at points even if the synchronization was impressive

Kelis: Reminds me of the Marina performance last round in that the crowd is detracting from her presentation here. I'm sure it was fun to attend, but she's not so much a main focus as the other two are in theirs

damn they disagreeing :eek: with a small fight (i made that up for ratings), miss caroline has given her vote to save to...

P!nk

we're 1-1 now gasps...

before going to the commercial break, let's hear it from our next judge, Ellie Goulding!

OUp3m9e.png

here is what she had to say:

- Kelis - Solid performance overall! i liked the outfit and lighting. the crowd looked like they were having a fun time.

- Twice - I quite enjoyed this performance! The choreography and shapes they formed throughout were engaging. Loved the girl with the high note too.

- P!nk - Brilliantly simple and unthinkably complex all at the same time.

so kind :clap3: miss ellie liked everything and i think it's such a hard decision for her

OOPS hold on, she needs a microphone

On the 13th anniversary of the very evening she gave this brilliant performance, my vote is for P!nk to stay in the competition.

YES okay girl, P!nk got another vote to save!

with P!nk leading 2-1 and 2 judges left, anything could happen

after the commercial break, we'll find out who makes it to the next round!

3 minutes ago, Sanguine said:

Slay P!nk and Twice and Kelis

omg hi judge Caroline

1 minute ago, Element said:

yas ratings yas sing-off yas diversity

omg hi judge Ellie

Just now, thecptz said:

omg hi judge Ellie

host jessica omggg

:bibliahh:ill lose in the sing off instantly. foxes doesnt stand a chance

NPrewYs.png

SING-OFF RESULTS

welcome back to the most-watched thread on ATRL right now!

with two judges left to make their decision, let's finish our sing-off show together.

next, it's judge Lexie Liu!

igAkZZE.png

here is what she had to say:

Twice: They truly served with this performance. Vocals and choreo were both on point. Gagged me a bit.

P!nk: This is her best performance for a reason, hands down. It will go down in herstory.

Kelis: Yeah not a fan of the audience shots, pretty sure they did that just to show that people were having fun. Love the song but the energy was lacking a bit in this performance.

oh she was GAGGED :eek: but who did she end up saving... stay tuned :heart2:

finishing with judge Sean Paul!

QcWpL1m.png

here is what he had to say:

kelis: I appreciate the song choice but the crowd shots were more energetic than she was on stage

Twice: Good song choice and their choreography has decent enough synchronization. I also like the changing visuals. It's missing something though for the package to be complete

p!nk: Went with the signature shot of what everyone knows her for. The performance is definitely a defining moment in that regard that had people talking about it for a reason. The song choice also fits with the performance of her air spinning and she didn't lose focus vocally either. Definitely the most memorable of the three.

:clap3:

and with that they both have made their decision...

the act they both saved and got through to the next round is...

Spoiler

P!nk

@Rotunda

Spoiler

which means i'm sorry, TWICE and Kelis.. two besties, your time in Diversity 5 is up.

thank you so much for applying :hug: you guys did WELL even though your time in this season got cut short

but i'm sure when you're back in season 6, you will def be stronger. this is sooo sad but it's the end of the road for both of you :cries:

goodbye my loves...

Round 3 will be posted in the morning and in page 37 or maybe 38 if i'm feeling quirky :heart2:

please say your goodbye to our eliminated acts.

5 minutes ago, Element said:

host jessica omggg

yes

1 minute ago, Delirious said:

:bibliahh:ill lose in the sing off instantly. foxes doesnt stand a chance

queennn

Just now, minho said:

oh wow

ik :cries:

kind of surprised but that p!nk performance is definitely memorable and it makes a lot of sense why she'd win

twice are icons...sad to see them go, and kelis is definitely an artist that has a lot of variety in her catalogue :sad:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.