Diversity 5: Let's Celebrate! | Winner revealed (pg.154)

thecptz

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Ttoki

• Dessy

• Not Like The Movies

Good luck sing off/ performance off girlies, I hope y'all make the right choices for this! 

1 minute ago, Post Malone said:

yall did SZA wrong thats the best song on SOS

yea but it doesnt fit the theme whatsoever

they shouldve chose garden or something else tbh :gaycat7:

NPrewYs.png

SING-OFF

Doja Cat

Marina

Slayyyter

SZA

welcome to the first sing-off of the season where three (3) of you will be eliminated after this

1. Sing-off will be only for the bottoms in each round where they need to send in a LIVE PERFORMANCE of their artist in order to survive the sing-off.

2. You can send in a live performance of a song you already used in the main round. But the live performance of that said song can be used once in the sing off. For example, I submit Lorde's Fallen Fruit on James Corden show for round 1 sing-off. Then I'm in the sing-off again in round 2, I can't submit Fallen Fruit performance on Global Citizen because I've already used Fallen Fruit performance.

3. The focus of the sing-off will be focused on the whole performance and not just the vocal aspect.

the judges will pick their favorite sing-off performance based on the whole performance and not just vocals.

you will have 24 hours (10AM ET TUESDAY 24TH JANUARY) to submit your sing-off performance.

the faster you send, the faster the results will come so please do that asap.

SEND YOUR SING-OFF HERE

@D e v o n @Opulent @bestfiction @worldwide angel

@Euterpe @Sanguine @Element @Hikari @Tom Vercetti

Not at @Sanguine saving me and being so generous to everyone with their scores!!! Thank you LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :bibliahh::heart:

i wouldve literally lost without your score im screaming

11 minutes ago, Post Malone said:

yall did SZA wrong thats the best song on SOS

Not too much now

1 hour ago, Delirious said:

Not at @Sanguine saving me and being so generous to everyone with their scores!!! Thank you LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :bibliahh::heart:

i wouldve literally lost without your score im screaming

Yeah I figured my scores would be the highest but idk I understood almost all of the choices! Guess I'll be the nice judge for the season (maybe)

ezgif-2-9275613700.thumb.gif.3fa765113a4

12 hours ago, Element said:

Mtcp.gif

ELEMENT'S CRITIQUES

Reveal hidden contents

Billie Eilish - my future
I’d imagine this round was a bit tricky for you! This track is enjoyable. Not my favorite of hers but it’s nice enough. I like the hopeful aspects as she looks forward in time. Definitely has some essence of positivity in that regard. I wouldn’t necessarily call it happy/fun otherwise though. The production picking up and becoming more rhythmic towards the end helps too.

Björk - Alarm Call
WAIT, I had no idea what to expect here but kind of loved this?? I think it was pretty flawless for the theme and lyrically presented in a very interesting way. Aggressive happiness… she made some points. Production was very fresh and innovative, while remaining accessible. Definitely up my alley.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Cut To The Feeling
Absolutely perfect entry. When I saw her live, it was such a euphoric and joyful time. And THIS SONG was arguably the most fun of all of her incredibly fun songs. Like the sense of community and positivity exuding from the group?? Just so much celebration. This brings back a great memory for me, so thank you!

Charli XCX - Roll with Me
I was kind of vibing to this until that post-chorus breakdown… that was not enjoyable at all and ruined the momentum of the song. Ummm for the theme? I mean it’s fun. Sonically you did well (except for the darker post-chorus). Lyrically, it approaches the theme, but could have used some deeper exploration.

Christina Aguilera - Soar
Definitely an encouraging song. I wouldn’t say it’s FUN or CAREFREE per se, but it’s uplifting. As far as personal enjoyment, this was not my cup of tea at all. Second listen w/headphones was better than my first in the car, but it’s just too intense.

Demi Lovato - Confident
I enjoy this song for sure. Probably in my top half on this album, but there are a lot of other Demi songs that are bigger classics for me. I definitely see the positive/uplifting aspect of this, but it is wrapped within a very intense atmosphere. Some of the lyrics are a bit harsh and certainly don’t come across as happy.

Doja Cat - Roll With Us
Overall, I find myself just feeling like this entry is mediocre. It touches on the theme lyrically for sure. Sonically, it doesn’t capture any euphoric feeling or even a fun feeling tbh… for a song that’s supposed to be fun. I didn’t mind it from a personal taste perspective.

Dua Lipa - Levitating
I mean…. you slayed. There’s not much else to say.

Esperanza Spalding - City Of Roses
Very very positive and light and airy! The springlike jazz arrangement and her uplifting vocals create a beautiful and positive scene. It sounds like it could be a wonderful vignette from a movie! Overall, I enjoyed this. Making me crave springtime so much omg.

FKA twigs - papi bones
Great choice! Arguably her most fun song. I think the vibe is perfectly encapsulated throughout… you just have to bop. Lyrically it also really works well.

Foxes - Love Not Loving You
I think this is a good entry demonstrating how u can achieve happiness through emotional freedom!! The production and melody are quite euphoric, so I think you did well there. For my personal taste, I like this overall. I wish the hook wasn’t a bit flat/offkey… that part has always bothered me.

Kelis - Flashback
OH I loved this. This was very fun and funky. The lyrics are fun and I think it’s the most successful “lusty” entry of the round. The production especially drives home the positive atmosphere. I am so excited to keep discovering more from you and Kelis this season, because these first two rounds have slayed!!

Kesha - Learn To Let Go
One of my favorites on Rainbow. I think she did a great job of crafting a positivity anthem! She has chosen freedom and releasing those cares is a very strong force and achievement. There are a lot of lines relating back to her darker past, which might drag down the positive vibes… but the contrast is important and the melody quite euphoric. Good job!

Kylie Minogue - All the Lovers
Sonically and lyrically, I think this is a pretty good choice. It captures a very positive feeling! I’ve never been completely sold on this song. I think the chorus is begging to go HIGHER and be even bigger idk. Untapped potential.

Marina - Happy
I really can’t connect with this song. Her voice is so shrill and warbly… The stripped production in the beginning especially doesn’t work for me. Does it work for the theme? I think lyrically yes… but sonically IDK it’s very depressing and dull until the second half. Tricky.

Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stop
You killed this entry for the theme!! All about fun and living a carefree party life. It’s a mega classic and I love it. So glad that you got a second chance after the audition.

P!nk - Get the Party Started
This is a good entry!! I think it fits the theme really well (although some of the other songs on this playlist eclipse it). I really like it personally. Def a fun song that I wouldn’t turn off if it came on the radio.

Shygirl - TASTY
This was enjoyable!! The production is fun and I think the lyrics are pretty good overall.

Slayyyter - Mine
This is a very fun song that I can bop to for sure! So on the personal taste front, you will do well with me. However, I am struggling to see a deep connection to theme and emotions. Lyrically, there are only a few lines that discuss feelings of happiness… most of it is focused on desire and conquest. The production is very fun and carefree though so that will help your score a bit.

Solange - Binz
Very strong entry lyrically! Solange captured a great vibe here and dives deeply into the world of recreation and letting your cares run free. I appreciated the unique production elements.

SZA - Conceited
Ma’am…. these lyrics are such a stretch. I kind of see what you were going for with the “carefree” aspect (i.e. she’s letting her troubles roll of her shoulders a bit). But a lot of the lines just don’t match that happy or positive vibe at all. Sonically, the production is fun and the song is catchy. I can understand why people think this is “generic” from her, but I enjoy it.

The Cardigans - Gordon's Gardenparty
I can’t say that I would ever listen to this again… maybe if I had a cute little garden party in the spring?? It was interesting and kind of theatrical. The melody and instrumentation def worked well for the theme. The lyrics captured the vibe really well. I just wish that there were more of them to keep painting the picture! It was a bit sparse in that regard.

TWICE - HAPPY HAPPY
You definitely hit the nail on the head for the theme! The entire atmosphere is so cheerful and joyous. Is this something that I would listen to? Probably not… it definitely borders on a bit TOO happy for me. But it’s v cute! The chorus melody is good too I will say.

Usher - OMG
I am kind of seeing the vision but I am also kind of struggling with it. He’s definitely loving this woman and is feeling happy, excited, etc. But it feels a bit too focused on the physical attraction than the emotion behind the attraction, if that makes sense? Kind of a better attempt at what Slayyyter was doing w/their entry. A classic bop though. I enjoy it.

Yerin Baek - Antifreeze
Loving the chill vibes of her voice and the melody. The translation of lyrics though seems a bit depressing. There are aspects of hope here but they seem evenly distributed with the struggles. Did I enjoy the song though? Yes. Very nice.

@K$Ellie @CBC @Staryu @Future Lover @Auburn @Noah @D e v o n @luckystrike @ATRL Username @Touch It @Delirious @Post Malone @Lucky#17 @Seffers @Opulent @wish @Rotunda @minho @bestfiction @Not Like The Movies @worldwide angel @Overprotected @kittenish @Dessy @Alena

Thank you judge Element. Mind you a 97 song still sounds fresh :WAP:

Not Marine sing off but like it makes sense. Sure the song is called Happy and it's about how she's finally found happiness that's mega depressing cuz it means she was sad for years like. Blue would've smashed :WAP:

Sumbitted my sing off entry. Ready to eat the girls up

CBC

4 hours ago, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 5th place...

with the average of 8.66

Reveal hidden contents

TWICE with HAPPY HAPPY!

@kittenish

congrats!!!

in 4th place...

with the average of 8.76

Hide contents

Björk with Alarm Call!

congrats!!!

oprah. im rocking that 4th place ugh

ezgif-2-9275613700.thumb.gif.3fa765113a4

all sing-off entries have been sent to the judges :heart2:

i have the results but it will be posted when i don't feel as tired as now giggles. so yea probs sometime tonight!

NPrewYs.png

CRITIQUES

ROUND 1

Spoiler
On 1/21/2023 at 11:49 AM, Euterpe said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Fitting: I can see this song about being hopeful. It’s not super happy/joyful, but I can see why you picked it, because hopefulness is positive, even if the song itself sounds sad for part of it. Do I like it? Surprisingly (to myself), I do! I really enjoyed it.

Björk - Alarm Call

Fitting: I did find this song to be very positive! A wake up call to live and be happy. I’d say this fits the bill well! Do I like it? I did enjoy it; it was a fun bop.

Fitting: I can definitely see the positivity coming from being in love and wanting to “cut to the feeling” of feeling that way with the person you want to feel that with, and it’s upbeat. Do I like it? This was cute. I liked it.

Fitting: 100% fits. I don’t really have more comments about that. It fits! Do I like it? I did not like the beat, but didn’t mind her vocal choices.

Fitting: Not quite what I pictured for the round, but I can see why you picked this for positivity since it’s about lifting people up. Do I like it? Yes, but she does too many runs, which I think ruins it a tad at times, even when her vocals are good and it’s a well constructed song.

Demi Lovato - Confident

Fitting: I’m torn on this, because yes it’s her being confident, but she’s also angry and kind of petty? Do I like it? Yes, though it’s more of a radio song to me than one I’d listen to on my own.

Doja Cat - Roll With Us

Fitting: Not quite. It’s good she’s being nice, which is positive, but it seems more of a chill song with a chill meaning about someone coming along. Do I like it? I’m a fan of the beats, and the way they did her voice. I’d listen to it when I’m relaxing, so I like it.

Dua Lipa - Levitating

Fitting: Yeah, I can see this fitting the round. I can see why you chose it. Do I like it? Yeah, it’s a good song. Feel like I’ve heard it too much.

Fitting: I enjoyed the explanation for context. I feel that it’s whimsical in a way? Missing something that’s far away, but feeling the positive memory as you think of it. Unique way of taking on this round. Do I like it? I enjoyed it, but at the same time, I feel like the instrumentals took over at times, which was disappointing.

FKA twigs - papi bones

Unrelated, but each song of hers I’m listening to, I feel so innocent. Fitting: This is very sex positive, in the sense of a woman enjoying herself with someone else intimately, so I can see this fitting the round. Do I like it? I did! I think it’s a good beat, and her voice fits with it.

Fitting: For the most part. I can see the positivity in it, helped by your explanation, but I can also see the sparks of negativity in relation to the ex. Do I like it? I liked the vocals, but was not a fan of the beat.

Kelis - Flashback

Another song making me feel innocent! Fitting: Yes, it does. Do I like it? Yes, I found to be very cute! (the vocals and beats)

Kesha - Learn To Let Go

Fitting: Yeah, it’s a very “I am strong now” song, but wish it talked less about the negativities to get there for the sake of the round. The beat is very upbeat! Do I like it?  I like it. She has a very solid voice, and the beat is fun.

Fitting: Yes, and I can see your explanation being accurate. Do I like it? I don’t think this is for me.

Marina - Happy

Fitting: Yes, it’s a song straight up about being happy/positive with yourself. Do I like it? Yes, her voice is gorgeous and goes well with the melody.

Fitting: I can see it. The positive surrounding being able to do whatever they want at the party. Do I like it? I have mixed feelings.

Fitting: This is a positive, get-hype party song with the beats to match. Do I like it? Yeah, it’s fun!

Shygirl - TASTY

Fitting: Yeah, I can see this being fitting for the round. Do I like it? Some parts I liked, other parts I didn’t.

Slayyyter - Mine

Fitting: I half see what you’re saying, but I also wonder if it fits the round enough. Do I like it? Honestly, not really.

Solange - Binz

Fitting: I can see what you mean about it being carefree and luxurious to meet the positivity in the round. Do I like it? The melody and the beats are great, but her vocals are not for me.

SZA - Conceited

Fitting: I partly see what you’re saying, but also not sure how well this song fits the round realistically. Do I like it? Yes, it’s hard for her to miss.

Fitting: Yes, I would say so. Do I like it? I’m sure someone does, but it’s not me, sadly.

TWICE - HAPPY HAPPY

Fitting: This song says what it is, which is happy! So very fitting. Do I like it? Not sure if it’s fully my vibe but it’s SUPER cute!

Usher - OMG

Fitting: I think this fits the bill. Do I like it? Yes, I do! It’s a great song to feel like you’re in a music video for.

Yerin Baek - Antifreeze

Fitting: I’m of a couple of minds about this. There’s hope and positivity in it, but there’s also the negative focus between where I’m not sure if it fits the round. The melody is also cute and positive vibes. Do I like it? Yes! Her voice is soothing, and it works together in a cute way!

On 1/21/2023 at 1:53 PM, Sanguine said:

ROUND 1 CRITIQUES

Stream this anthem about being fierce and independent or... something (pretend it's centered)

Reveal hidden contents

Song: Grower for me, really relaxing and her voice on it is very smooth

Theme: Being all about looking forward and having real hope for the future I think it’s a good fit out of her discography which tends to be more on the depressing side, so obviously you had to make something work and I think you did

Björk - Alarm Call

Song: I’m bopping. Really interesting production that feels equally 90’s and contemporary but also futuristic

Theme: She’s no ******* Buddhist, but this is enlightenment

Song: It’s so bubbly and bouncy and fun, also one of her catchiest!

Theme: One of her most euphoric songs ever. She was HORNY and JOYFUL and it’s a perfect fit for the theme. I agree with your writeup :thumbsup:

Song: Banger. Anthem. Game changer

Theme: Hits the nail on the head. Lively, energetic, joyful, gay (non-pejorative)

Song: This was quite cute! I liked the melody, and the vocals were serving Mariah at a couple points instead of overscreaming it

Theme: It fits fairly well, reflects a good bit on negative things but makes a positive message out of them

Demi Lovato - Confident

Song: I was obsessed with this when it came out, and it mostly holds up

Theme: Not necessarily as positive and carefree as much as a lash at haters, but it’s a solid enough choice that makes sense to me

Doja Cat - Roll With Us

Song: Amala is such an underrated album, I love almost everything on it and think it has her best song :mandown: this is a highlight, I’ve always enjoyed the way it sounds kinda depressing when the lyrical content suggests otherwise

Theme: As I mentioned in my taste comment, there’s a mellow vibe here that cancels out the lyrics a bit. But from a lyrical standpoint, mostly fits

Dua Lipa - Levitating

Song: A bop and never got too old for me because I avoid listening to the radio or leaving my house

Theme: Hits the nail on the head. Lively, energetic, joyful, gay (non-pejorative) [2]

Song: This was so cutesy wow I wasn’t expecting to be as enthralled by it as I was but the way it progresses is so lovely

Theme: Instead of being a big gay bop like a lot of other tracks here, I like that it takes a different approach to being happy and carefree that’s just as effective, a little sentimental but in a good way

FKA twigs - papi bones

Song: The intro kills the replay value it’s way too long! The rest BANGS though and Shygirl features are always welcomed

Theme: It’s a good thing she made Caprisongs to finally have something that fits this theme lmao. Though I complained about the intro in my taste writeup, it certainly helps with adding to the thematic content of the song, and I love the Dancehall party energy the production and both artists bring to it

Song: Omg this is way better than I remembered? It’s so funky and catchy hold awn

Theme: Interesting approach to the theme since it’s not just “yas let’s bop!” with the lyrics like a few choices here (not that there’s anything wrong with those nn). I think that was a good decision on your part because it stands out well!

Kelis - Flashback

Song: She sounds like Kelela in the verses I’ve never noticed. Very fun! I was engaged the whole time

Theme: One of many songs here that relies a lot on horniness to create its joy, but this might be the most effective of them. She's clearly thrilled by these emotions

Kesha - Learn To Let Go

Song: Doesn’t hit as hard as it did in 2017 but it’s still a solid and anthemic song

Theme: You had a good range of options here between the uplifting and passionate songs on Rainbow against the classic party tracks on Animal/Cannibal, and as I said in my writeup for Foxes, it was a good decision to do the former! It’s a little bittersweet but a strong sense of optimism to it as well

Song: Her voice here is so angelic and pretty :smitten: Aphrodite also had some of her most triumphant productions for sure

Theme: From her perspective (+ sound) it's perfect, because she's reaching out to this other person like a hopeless romantic. Some of the lyrics are a little off to me though because it seems like she's madly in love with this person but they're not really giving their all? So I'm not sure it's a 100% fit

Marina - Happy 

Song: One of my least favorite songs by her :( just a lil boring sorry

Theme: The lyrics work with the critique of her past cynicism, but the song itself doesn’t come across like that sonically

Song: Somehow aged SO well? I guess cuz it sorta sounds like a Charli x Rih mix? When it came out I was entirely neutral but a decade later it’s like her best song to me

Theme: Yeah she’s clearly unbothered and living her best life etc. here! No notes

Song: Bop and a classic

Theme: Pretty much what I said about Miley's song right above this, although it's not as "unbothered" she's definitely having fun

Shygirl - TASTY

Song: Every line of the hook is its own chorus, like SHE DID THAT FOR REAL

Theme: She was HORNY and JOYFUL [2] emphasis on horny. It’s not directly about positivity but works enough for the theme since it’s about having a fun time so I’m not mad at it

Slayyyter - Mine

Song: The Slayyyter mixtape really had some of the best songs of all time…

Theme: I see what you were going for and sonically it’s not bad, plus she doesn’t have like a ton of options that would be on-the-nose for this, but it’s not the most fitting for the theme in this bunch at all since it's more just about having a crush

Solange - Binz

Song: Goes by pretty fast, which works in its favor because it feels like two hard-hitting verses

Theme: Definitely carefree with a liberating message to it

SZA - Conceited

Song: The way I was gonna drag this but it sounds better now? Probably because I’m on my superior headphones. I’m still not huge on this, a little too Justin Bieber’d but it’s catchy

Theme: It’s one of the less convincing entries in the “I’m carefree and unbothered” vein, particularly because of the lyrics in the post-chorus. I see your aim but idk idk

Song: This is so nice!! Reminds me of early Tennis or something, has that kind of old school twee vibe to it

Theme: Yeah it works, a little simple but definitely just a positive song about having an enjoyable time

TWICE - HAPPY HAPPY

Song: So bop and slay and the like… la la la

Theme: Crying at the long ass explanation for one of the most aptly fitting songs of the round LOL

Usher - OMG

Song: First of all, stream OMG. Anyway this is like, Femme Fatale proto-PC Music uninspired 2010 robot electropop-core. So yes, I love it

Theme: Like with Slayyyter the lust overpowers the joy a little, but it’s not a terrible choice

Yerin Baek - Antifreeze

Song: Pleasant and chill, she sounds wonderful as usual

Theme: There are bright moments and this latches onto a similar theme as Billie’s song with looking forward to the future and having faith, but I’m not sure it’s quite as persuasive

@K$Ellie @CBC @Staryu @Future Lover @Auburn @Noah @D e v o n @luckystrike @ATRL Username @Touch It @Delirious @Post Malone @Lucky#17 @Seffers @Opulent @wish @Rotunda @minho @bestfiction @Not Like The Movies @worldwide angel @Overprotected @kittenish @Dessy @Alena

On 1/21/2023 at 2:28 PM, Hikari said:

『h』『i』『k』『a』『r』『i』 『h』『a』『s』 『s』『h』『*』『t』 『t』『o』 『s』『a』『y』

Q2tOEaj.gif

Reveal hidden contents

I also thought you were gonna struggle this round but you actually came through. You didn't just nail the positivity part but you also sent a gorgeous song that I really love.

Björk - Alarm Call

The lyrics do talk about postivity, job well done I suppose.

The vibes and the energy well do give positivity, this song just gives me so much joy whenever I listen to it.

I'm really not sure how it will fare among the other entries when it comes to the positivity part, but I mean yeah sure it's a big bop.

Not really my type of song but the song did scream nothing but positivity.

Demi Lovato - Confident

*snaps fingers* What's wrong with being *snaps fingers* what's wrong with being *snaps fingers* what's wrong with being confident? uh huh huh

Doja Cat - Roll With Us

I'm really not sure how it will fare among the other entries when it comes to the positivity part, but I mean yeah sure it's a big bop. [2]

Dua Lipa - Levitating

Slay indeed, not my personal pick for the positivity part but it bops enough for me. 

This song is like a breath of fresh air, everything just jived well from the instrumentals to the vocals and her stroytelling.

FKA twigs - papi bones

Well the song did give me positive vibes and I'm bopping real hard, that matters too.  

The song did give some sort of "I'm independent, I can stand on my own" vibes, not my fave song by her tho (just a matterof personal preference) 

Kelis - Flashback

We stan feminism! Also a big bop as well!

Kesha - Learn To Let Go

The song has a very positive message, the song itself was decent enough.

Not gonna lie I was not the biggest fan of this song but listening to it now did gives me positive vibes all of a sudden and I think that's enough.

Marina - Happy 

I liked this song more before, but it did its job this round so there's that.

I've always liked this song and I do agree a lot with your explanation. 

I mean yeah, it's fun for a throwback, another carefree party song like the previous one.

Shygirl - TASTY

And yet another carefree bop, I don't know what's happening, but this is bopping harder than usual. 

Slayyyter - Mine

And yet another carefree bop (2), it's bopping but not as hard as the previous song.

Solange - Binz

Everyone really went for the carefree sound this round. This song was decent, better than some of the other carefree songs.

SZA - Conceited

I like the song; I do think the beat is a bit happy/positive but I'm just not really sure about those lyrics.

Fitting: Yes, I would say so. Do I like it? I’m sure someone does, and yes it’s me, fortunately. © Euterpe

TWICE - HAPPY HAPPY

I mean the title says it all, unfortunately this is one of my least fave songs by them x

Usher - OMG

Another oonts oonts music, a bit nostalgic tho!

Yerin Baek - Antifreeze

This was very nice and it did give that sense of hope as well. The lyrics showed some positivity too.

On 1/22/2023 at 11:46 AM, Tom Vercetti said:

2AopB7c.png

Reveal hidden contents

Billie Eilish - my future - I can see the positive meaning behind the song and the song becoming more upbeat as the song progresses helps its case. 

Björk - Alarm Call - A unique entry for this theme. I believe it fits and personal taste wise it's from one of my fave albums so it's another hit for me. 

Carly Rae Jepsen - Cut To The Feeling - Yes it hits the happy theme for sure. I used to like this more in 2017 but I don't dislike it either. 

Charli XCX - Roll with Me - A N1A highlight and it thematically fits. Good job. 

Christina Aguilera - Soar - She mentions turning bad experiences around to make a positive one. Themematically it fits but taste wise it's not one of my favorites from her. 

Demi Lovato - Confident - It's not fully happy/positive for me but it does tackle the feeling of being carefree so I guess that's something. Song wise it aged a little. 

Doja Cat - Roll With Us - Wish the tone of this song was more convincing of positivity.  Quality wise, I just don't like the song unforunately. 

Dua Lipa - Levitating - Sonically it fits. Good song too. 

Esperanza Spalding - City Of Roses - I believe joy is part of a rose's symbolism so I believe this choice makes a good fit. Song wise it was an enjoyable listen. 

FKA twigs - papi bones - I was thinking what would be something for her this round and this was one of my top thoughts so i'm glad you chose this one. The dancehall vibe fits this round like a glove kind of. Quality wise it's good without the intro. 

Foxes - Love Not Loving You - I get the newfound joy of not being tied to a relationship at least. Song wise, it had something going for it. 

Kelis - Flashback - One of my fave Kelis cuts. And this song has a joyish vibe around it so it fits. 

Kesha - Learn To Let Go - It's uplifting for sure which matches the theme. Taste wise i'm not really craving this sound from her though. 

Kylie Minogue - All the Lovers - This focuses on finding all the good in her relationship. With her optimism It makes a good fit thematically.  I didn't really move much for the song until the last minute though. 

Marina - Happy - The song title suggests that the song thematically fits in a way. Quality wise it kind of bored me. 

Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stop - Definitely carefree/positive. It's also my favorite solo Miley song. It really did age well too.

P!nk - Get the Party Started - Theme wise it's a good fit. Song wise, it's decent enough. 

Shygirl - TASTY - There's a lot of house songs I enjoy that are uplifting and I think this fits that too. Quality wise it's great. 

Slayyyter - Mine - Idk, this seems more like romance/lust song than a straightforward happy/carefree vibe. Quality wise I like it though. 

Solange - Binz - I think it's a good fit theme-wise. Quality wise it's on the short side but while it was going on, it was good. 

SZA - Conceited - Lyrically I'm not convinced even with the explanation that this is a good fit for the round. Quality wise i'm not feeling it. 

The Cardigans - Gordon's Gardenparty - Theme wise, it's a fit. Quality wise I did not enjoy this song unfortunately. 

TWICE - HAPPY HAPPY - Naturally this is one of the best fits for the round. Quality wise it was fun. 

Usher - OMG - I was not expecting this entry for this round tbh. Theme wise it didn't completely hit the mark for me as I wish it sounded more uplifting. Quality

wise, it's still listenable even with all its radio payola. 

Yerin Baek - Antifreeze - Looking for warmth/brightness fits the positivity angle of this round. Quality wise it was decent.

Judge entry for this round. 

On 1/23/2023 at 10:57 AM, Element said:

Mtcp.gif

ELEMENT'S CRITIQUES

Reveal hidden contents

I’d imagine this round was a bit tricky for you! This track is enjoyable. Not my favorite of hers but it’s nice enough. I like the hopeful aspects as she looks forward in time. Definitely has some essence of positivity in that regard. I wouldn’t necessarily call it happy/fun otherwise though. The production picking up and becoming more rhythmic towards the end helps too.

Björk - Alarm Call
WAIT, I had no idea what to expect here but kind of loved this?? I think it was pretty flawless for the theme and lyrically presented in a very interesting way. Aggressive happiness… she made some points. Production was very fresh and innovative, while remaining accessible. Definitely up my alley.

Absolutely perfect entry. When I saw her live, it was such a euphoric and joyful time. And THIS SONG was arguably the most fun of all of her incredibly fun songs. Like the sense of community and positivity exuding from the group?? Just so much celebration. This brings back a great memory for me, so thank you!

I was kind of vibing to this until that post-chorus breakdown… that was not enjoyable at all and ruined the momentum of the song. Ummm for the theme? I mean it’s fun. Sonically you did well (except for the darker post-chorus). Lyrically, it approaches the theme, but could have used some deeper exploration.

Definitely an encouraging song. I wouldn’t say it’s FUN or CAREFREE per se, but it’s uplifting. As far as personal enjoyment, this was not my cup of tea at all. Second listen w/headphones was better than my first in the car, but it’s just too intense.

Demi Lovato - Confident
I enjoy this song for sure. Probably in my top half on this album, but there are a lot of other Demi songs that are bigger classics for me. I definitely see the positive/uplifting aspect of this, but it is wrapped within a very intense atmosphere. Some of the lyrics are a bit harsh and certainly don’t come across as happy.

Doja Cat - Roll With Us
Overall, I find myself just feeling like this entry is mediocre. It touches on the theme lyrically for sure. Sonically, it doesn’t capture any euphoric feeling or even a fun feeling tbh… for a song that’s supposed to be fun. I didn’t mind it from a personal taste perspective.

Dua Lipa - Levitating
I mean…. you slayed. There’s not much else to say.

Very very positive and light and airy! The springlike jazz arrangement and her uplifting vocals create a beautiful and positive scene. It sounds like it could be a wonderful vignette from a movie! Overall, I enjoyed this. Making me crave springtime so much omg.

FKA twigs - papi bones
Great choice! Arguably her most fun song. I think the vibe is perfectly encapsulated throughout… you just have to bop. Lyrically it also really works well.

I think this is a good entry demonstrating how u can achieve happiness through emotional freedom!! The production and melody are quite euphoric, so I think you did well there. For my personal taste, I like this overall. I wish the hook wasn’t a bit flat/offkey… that part has always bothered me.

Kelis - Flashback
OH I loved this. This was very fun and funky. The lyrics are fun and I think it’s the most successful “lusty” entry of the round. The production especially drives home the positive atmosphere. I am so excited to keep discovering more from you and Kelis this season, because these first two rounds have slayed!!

Kesha - Learn To Let Go
One of my favorites on Rainbow. I think she did a great job of crafting a positivity anthem! She has chosen freedom and releasing those cares is a very strong force and achievement. There are a lot of lines relating back to her darker past, which might drag down the positive vibes… but the contrast is important and the melody quite euphoric. Good job!

Sonically and lyrically, I think this is a pretty good choice. It captures a very positive feeling! I’ve never been completely sold on this song. I think the chorus is begging to go HIGHER and be even bigger idk. Untapped potential.

Marina - Happy
I really can’t connect with this song. Her voice is so shrill and warbly… The stripped production in the beginning especially doesn’t work for me. Does it work for the theme? I think lyrically yes… but sonically IDK it’s very depressing and dull until the second half. Tricky.

You killed this entry for the theme!! All about fun and living a carefree party life. It’s a mega classic and I love it. So glad that you got a second chance after the audition.

This is a good entry!! I think it fits the theme really well (although some of the other songs on this playlist eclipse it). I really like it personally. Def a fun song that I wouldn’t turn off if it came on the radio.

Shygirl - TASTY
This was enjoyable!! The production is fun and I think the lyrics are pretty good overall.

Slayyyter - Mine
This is a very fun song that I can bop to for sure! So on the personal taste front, you will do well with me. However, I am struggling to see a deep connection to theme and emotions. Lyrically, there are only a few lines that discuss feelings of happiness… most of it is focused on desire and conquest. The production is very fun and carefree though so that will help your score a bit.

Solange - Binz
Very strong entry lyrically! Solange captured a great vibe here and dives deeply into the world of recreation and letting your cares run free. I appreciated the unique production elements.

SZA - Conceited
Ma’am…. these lyrics are such a stretch. I kind of see what you were going for with the “carefree” aspect (i.e. she’s letting her troubles roll of her shoulders a bit). But a lot of the lines just don’t match that happy or positive vibe at all. Sonically, the production is fun and the song is catchy. I can understand why people think this is “generic” from her, but I enjoy it.

I can’t say that I would ever listen to this again… maybe if I had a cute little garden party in the spring?? It was interesting and kind of theatrical. The melody and instrumentation def worked well for the theme. The lyrics captured the vibe really well. I just wish that there were more of them to keep painting the picture! It was a bit sparse in that regard.

TWICE - HAPPY HAPPY
You definitely hit the nail on the head for the theme! The entire atmosphere is so cheerful and joyous. Is this something that I would listen to? Probably not… it definitely borders on a bit TOO happy for me. But it’s v cute! The chorus melody is good too I will say.

Usher - OMG
I am kind of seeing the vision but I am also kind of struggling with it. He’s definitely loving this woman and is feeling happy, excited, etc. But it feels a bit too focused on the physical attraction than the emotion behind the attraction, if that makes sense? Kind of a better attempt at what Slayyyter was doing w/their entry. A classic bop though. I enjoy it.

Yerin Baek - Antifreeze
Loving the chill vibes of her voice and the melody. The translation of lyrics though seems a bit depressing. There are aspects of hope here but they seem evenly distributed with the struggles. Did I enjoy the song though? Yes. Very nice.

NPrewYs.png 

RESULTS

Spoiler

On 1/23/2023 at 9:04 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 19th place...

with the average of 7.14

Reveal hidden contents

The Cardigans with Gordon's Gardenparty!

@Overprotected

congrats!!!

in 18th place...

with the average of 7.4

Reveal hidden contents

Kylie Minogue with All the Lovers!

congrats!!!

On 1/23/2023 at 9:07 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 17th place...

with the average of 7.42

Reveal hidden contents

Foxes with Love Not Loving You!

@Delirious

congrats!!! you're not the first out, PERIOD

in 16th place...

with the average of 7.46

Reveal hidden contents

Usher with OMG!

https://open.spotify.com/track/1bM50INir8voAkVoKuvEUI?si=d80b64f98143449f

congrats!!! NewJeans kinda outsold

On 1/23/2023 at 9:09 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 15th place...

with the average of 7.5

Reveal hidden contents

Yerin Baek with Antifreeze!

@Alena

congrats!!!

in 14th place...

with the average of 7.7

Reveal hidden contents

Charli XCX with Roll with Me!

congrats!!!

On 1/23/2023 at 9:11 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 13th place...

with the average of 7.76

Reveal hidden contents

Solange with Binz!

@Not Like The Movies

congrats!!!

in 12th place...

with the average of 7.88

Reveal hidden contents

Kesha with Learn To Let Go!

congrats!!!

On 1/23/2023 at 9:13 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 11th place...

with the average of 8.04

Reveal hidden contents

Billie Eilish with my future!

@K$Ellie

congrats!!!

in 10th place...

with the average of 8.16

Reveal hidden contents

P!nk with Get the Party Started!

congrats!!! slaying already x

On 1/23/2023 at 9:18 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 9th place...

with the average of 8.18

Reveal hidden contents

Shygirl with TASTY!

@minho

congrats!!!

in 8th place...

with the average of 8.6

Reveal hidden contents

Dua Lipa with Levitating!

congrats!!!

On 1/23/2023 at 9:21 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 7th place...

with the average of 8.62

Reveal hidden contents

FKA Twigs with papi bones!

@Touch It

congrats!!!

in 6th place...

with the average of 8.64

Reveal hidden contents

Kelis with Flashback!

congrats!!!

On 1/23/2023 at 9:25 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 5th place...

with the average of 8.66

Reveal hidden contents

TWICE with HAPPY HAPPY!

@kittenish

congrats!!!

in 4th place...

with the average of 8.76

Reveal hidden contents

Björk with Alarm Call!

congrats!!!

On 1/23/2023 at 9:30 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 3rd place...

with the average of 8.92

Reveal hidden contents

Esperanza Spalding with City Of Roses!

@ATRL Username

congrats!!!

in 2nd place...

with the average of 8.92

Reveal hidden contents

Carly Rae Jepsen with Cut To The Feeling!

congrats!!!

On 1/23/2023 at 9:33 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

and the winner of our first round

serving #ComeBackArc

in 1st place...

with the average of 9

Reveal hidden contents

Miley Cyrus with We Can't Stop!

@wish

congrats!!! from the WC to the winner. IKTR!

On 1/23/2023 at 9:36 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 20th place... and SAFE

with the average of 7.12

Reveal hidden contents

Demi Lovato with Confident!

@Noah

congrats!!!

in 21st place... and also SAFE

with the average of 7.02

Reveal hidden contents

Christina Aguilera with Soar!

congrats!!!

On 1/23/2023 at 9:41 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

in 22nd place... and SINGING OFF

with the average of 6.76

Reveal hidden contents

Slayyyter with Mine!

@bestfiction

good luck!!!

in 23rd place... and SINGING OFF

with the average of 6.6

Reveal hidden contents

Marina with Happy!

good luck!!!

in 24nd place... and SINGING OFF

with the average of 6.46

Reveal hidden contents

Doja Cat with Roll With Us!

@D e v o n

good luck!!!

in 25th place... and SINGING OFF

with the average of 5.7

Reveal hidden contents

SZA with Conceited!

good luck!!!

Just now, Overprotected said:

Hi

Hey

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.