Kim Petras - "brrr"

Lady Claire

3 hours ago, Schami66 said:

It's not because of Dr. Luke... Or at least not officially. Even Coconuts, Future Starts Now + Slutpop we're done with Luke.

the quality dipped before she stopped working with him.

In my opinion it first started when Doja got big. I think he stopped really co-writing/working with Kim back then and just slapped his name over the songs after that. (this is pure fan-fiction, no tea)

We had I Don't Want It At All, Hillside Boys, Heart To Break etc. etc., Halloween Stuff and all that music SCREAMS Dr. Luke -> Doja get's big, has a few songs co-written by Luke and BOOM Kims music starts to decline... Am I making **** up???

Interesting theory that makes sense. In 2017 Luke and Kim were creating a passion project. He was still an outcast from the music industry and got to develop this new artist and have a purely great time making the most unabashed pop music. No distractions. Era 1 is Kim's best because it was a fusion of her vocal ability with Luke's pop production. Her tone is made for pop music, especially with Luke. It was his time to flex his pop making skills with an artist who was just as eager to make those huge songs. Both each other's muses. Glittery synths, soaring adlibs, explosive last choruses, funky breakdowns, vocoder, layered vocals, etc. It had it all.

As time went on and Kim became a prospective major label artist around 2020, the focus shifted and expectations changed. Problematique was an album made with a major label in mind. She started recording it before officially signing to Republic in 2021 but you know conversations had already begun. Sadly the pandemic I think also affected things for obvious reasons. There was less charisma and innovation as Era 1/Clarity/ToTL bc the music making had less novelty. They were maybe too conscious of her sound, how she might be perceived now that she was about to not be indie anymore, etc. That's just my theory at least.

Problematique has standouts for sure (ASW is brilliant, FSN and Coconuts are pretty great, Deeper has huge potential) but as an overall project it felt flat. So between this and Luke possibly shifting his focus on the artists who were making him money & putting him on the charts again, it might explain the "dip" in quality. 

43 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

Apparently HIFTB isnt on the album

tumblr_od17i1mhCS1s201yqo1_400.gif

That "leaked" tracklist is fake. So we don't know if HIFTB is or isn't on the album. 

Edited by Alfred

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Claire

• TrueBlood

• Nefertiti0

• Freaky Prince

8 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Interesting theory that makes sense. In 2017 Luke and Kim were creating a passion project. He was still an outcast from the music industry and got to develop this new artist and have a purely great time making the most unabashed pop music. No distractions. Era 1 is Kim's best because it was a fusion of her vocal ability with Luke's pop production. Her tone is made for pop music, especially with Luke. It was his time to flex his pop making skills with an artist who was just as eager to make those huge songs. Both each other's muses. Glittery synths, soaring adlibs, explosive last choruses, funky breakdowns, vocoder, layered vocals, etc. It had it all.

As time went on and Kim became a prospective major label artist around 2020, the focus shifted and expectations changed. Problematique was an album made with a major label in mind. She started recording it before officially signing to Republic in 2021 but you know conversations had already begun. Sadly the pandemic I think also affected things for obvious reasons. There was less charisma and innovation as Era 1/Clarity/ToTL bc the music making had less novelty. They were maybe too conscious of her sound, how she might be perceived now that she was about to not be indie anymore, etc. That's just my theory at least.

Problematique has standouts for sure (ASW is brilliant, FSN and Coconuts are pretty great, Deeper has huge potential) but as an overall project it felt flat. So between this and Luke possibly shifting his focus on the artists who were making him money & putting him on the charts again, it might explain the "dip" in quality. 

That "leaked" tracklist is fake. So we don't know if HIFTB is or isn't on the album. 

Isnt it from BOZ's lastfm?

11 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

Isnt it from BOZ's lastfm?

What is his lastfm :toofunny3: 

2 hours ago, Enrique523 said:

Fair enough.

Brrr has been out for over a month and people are still not sure about this?

What do you mean? She literally released an entire album (**** pop) and didnt even promote it. :skull: Also what about if jesus  was a rockstar? You clearly dont know anything about her pattern of releasing random singles then abandoning them. :skull: 

1 hour ago, Helios said:

What do you mean? She literally released an entire album (**** pop) and didnt even promote it. :skull: Also what about if jesus  was a rockstar? You clearly dont know anything about her pattern of releasing random singles then abandoning them. :skull: 

I honestly would've thought things would be different post-Unholy :toofunny3:

6 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

I honestly would've thought things would be different post-Unholy :toofunny3:

I mean, the clownery here. Republic really said keep promoting Unholy until we tell you otherwise. :skull: 

20 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

Nnn good, still hope IJWAR and Brrr are just standalone singles :cm:

IJWAR only gets 14k streams daily and brrr around 42k so these won't help album but i think her label may want her to put Unholy on album. it will still get 1-2M streams around the summer.

Edited by Nefertiti0

4 hours ago, Alfred said:

This breakdown is so spot on

her era 1 music was some of the best pop music ever crafted … like you said, it had it all. 

i do feel like there must be a complex reason as to why the quality has fallen so much and I feel like ur breakdown is on the right track

literally I would do anything to have another era 1 type vibe except WITH the full label funding — she would be unstoppable with that level quality music and real marketing and label support to get it the exposure it deserves 

10 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Kinda interesting that this major label journey started off with Kim onstage with lots of dancers. That was the new thing. Now they've scaled back and it's just her which I can appreciate. But these brrr performances also feel a bit stiff/flat. I'm not sure the song translates the best to a live setting tbh. 

I hope we get something upbeat for the next single. We need a summery bop a la Coconuts. 

Did she lip sync? That was one of

the better vocals I’ve heard from her in awhile. Still awkward af on stage sometimes but getting better!

59 minutes ago, Black Jesus said:

Did she lip sync? That was one of

the better vocals I’ve heard from her in awhile. Still awkward af on stage sometimes but getting better!

i highly doubt it, i do think the audio sounds really clear, but she’s actually one of those artist who vocally sounds better live than in studio in my opinion. if you’ve seen her live you’ll know….

her recent output including this song is just so so bad idk how yous are still supporting. happy for her success but jheeeesh 

Edited by oshyms

46,665(+7,745) streams yesterday

If Jesus Was A Rockstar needs 61 streams to reach 4M

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.