Kim Petras - "brrr"

Lady Claire

30 minutes ago, Tistotal said:

I’ve never listened to Sophie music, so what exactly does Brr sound like?

You should listen to Sophie’s music. Try Immaterial, Hard and Vyzee

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Claire

• TrueBlood

• Nefertiti0

• Freaky Prince

5 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

she said brrr is reminiscent of Sophie. she always will be very influenced by Sophie and wants to carry a small piece of Sophie's inspiration in her music.

Queen of ending the annoying gays who were yelling "tHe dISreSpeCt aNd LaCk oF mEnTiOn To SopHIe" on Twitter :clap3:

On 1/30/2023 at 8:44 AM, Lady Claire said:

Some updates: Kim will receive the CHARTBREAKER award at Billboard’s Women in Music this March and yesterday she also confirmed the album release for the summer, said she even has a deadline this time around… so yeah, it’s finally happening :duca:

(This never happens)

I don’t believe she’s releasing an album any time this year. I’ll believe it when I see it. The amount of times she’s had to delay is insane.

It's a shame her and Sophie only got to work together briefly, they could have done amazing songs together.

On 2/2/2023 at 9:39 PM, collin said:

You should listen to Sophie’s music. Try Immaterial, Hard and Vyzee

Those songs don't even sound like Kim's music :rip: I don't get the reference??

Still being my jam! it's a whole bop

So Kim was at some Spotify/Grammy parties, as well the Republic event where she made that fake speech. There's a rumor that she's on Karol G's new album on a song along with Anitta, and Kim has been showing love to Anitta on her IG stories out of nowhere... which i find suspect. Her Made You Look remix did nothing but they at least tried to link her on a smash song, and i liked that move.

I'm all here if Republic turns her into a industry plant. I want to see her on multiple features, DJ songs, appearing on remixes, late night shows and all that stuff, they need to put her name out there and seems like they're at least trying. The album will bomb but i think that sooner or later she'll get a cute hit on her own. We'll see

3 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

So Kim was at some Spotify/Grammy parties, as well the Republic event where she made that fake speech. There's a rumor that she's on Karol G's new album on a song along with Anitta, and Kim has been showing love to Anitta on her IG stories out of nowhere... which i find suspect. Her Made You Look remix did nothing but they at least tried to link her on a smash song, and i liked that move.

I'm all here if Republic turns her into a industry plant. I want to see her on multiple features, DJ songs, appearing on remixes, late night shows and all that stuff, they need to put her name out there and seems like they're at least trying. The album will bomb but i think that sooner or later she'll get a cute hit on her own. We'll see

A bit like Nicki Minaj. She kept appearing as a feature before having her own hit

Edited by ada2387

8 hours ago, Tistotal said:

Those songs don't even sound like Kim's music :rip: I don't get the reference??

Still being my jam! it's a whole bop

the snare or kick used throughout brr was created by sophie - she released it in a sample pack for anyone to use freely! so those dragging kim for using it are obviously out of the loop….. that being said, i think the use of the sample is awful and kim can do sm better 

check out

charli xcx - vroom vroom ep

vince staples - yeah right 

flume - voices 

all prod by sophie, you’ll probably hear it soon! sophie is a goddess and is still so ahead of the rest of us

9 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

This! I want her on some duet with more female singers and more DJ collabs, she needs to gain public since it looks like republic are giving her some budget, I'm here for David Guetta & Kim Petras - Left My Body LOL

3 hours ago, teenagecraze said:

This! I want her on some duet with more female singers and more DJ collabs, she needs to gain public since it looks like republic are giving her some budget, I'm here for David Guetta & Kim Petras - Left My Body LOL

Left My Body already sounds like it was produced by David Guetta so it wouldn't be a stretch lol

I agree that her best shot at an eventual solo breakout single is to tack her vocals on to a few DJ collabs first. She already sold out by signing to Republic so might as well fully lean into chasing a hit by building familiarity with the GP via collabs. We saw what Unholy did. Then she got the Meghan MYL remix. Who cares atp. Lu Kala (who's basically a nobody) is featured on Latto's upcoming single and it sounds like a smash. Kim should link up with a female rapper and sing an insanely catchy hook.  :chick1:

Edited by Alfred

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

Left My Body already sounds like it was produced by David Guetta so it wouldn't be a stretch lol

I agree that her best shot at an eventual solo breakout single is to tack her vocals on to a few DJ collabs first. She already sold out by signing to Republic so might as well fully lean into chasing a hit by building familiarity with the GP via collabs. We saw what Unholy did. Then she got the Meghan MYL remix. Who cares atp. Lu Kala (who's basically a nobody) is featured on Latto's upcoming single and it sounds like a smash. Kim should link up with a female rapper and sing an insanely catchy hook.  :chick1:

Well yeah but what about the musique? Where is the next icy/sweet spot/turn off the lights? Why is she not serving what she is supposed to? The quality is still not where it should be with her recent output.

7 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

Where is the next sweet spot? Why is she not serving what she is supposed to?

It's called All She Wants and it's (hopefully) on her upcoming album.

3 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

Well yeah but what about the musique? Where is the next icy/sweet spot/turn off the lights? Why is she not serving what she is supposed to? The quality is still not where it should be with her recent output.

Yes, those songs served quality. But those 3 songs were produced by a person who we all know Kim got tons of backlash from working with. The label clearly took notice of the negative attention and decided to veer away from it. It's a double edged sword bc Luke = quality&backlash, No Luke = drop in quality&no backlash. Wbk he's at the core of her best music... so songs without him are obvi gonna sound mid.

The other thing is that FSN & Coconuts didn't take off (both by Luke) so I'm sure it was a mutual agreement between parties to have Kim venture out and experiment with diff producers. Wendy Goldstein (co-president of Republic) is the one who got Kim in the studio with Max. For better or worse, she's in a transitional phase rn but I think there's quality music coming.

The other other thing is that her major label debut is coinciding with current day music trends; i.e. viral TikToks, 2 min songs, etc. Those factors are also responsible for cheapening the KP experience. No more bridges, cool breakdowns, or big last choruses. They even killed off Woo-ah. If we had gotten the major label switchover in 2019 I'm sure this would be an entirely different story. :chick3:

She really wasted all the UNHOLY hype by releasing this and IJWAR. While I like both, neither sound like hits.

She should work with Cirkut. He co-produced most of the songs from Era 1 with Dr. Puke, and I'm sure he is a lot more responsibile than him for the production on those tracks. His work on Ava Max is at times very reminiscent of the pop excellence Kim was serving in that era (Sleepwalker could easily be sung by Kim). Plus, he also co-produced Unholy with Ilya so I don't know what she's waiting for.

1 hour ago, TrueBlood said:

She should work with Cirkut. He co-produced most of the songs from Era 1 with Dr. Puke, and I'm sure he is a lot more responsibile than him for the production on those tracks. His work on Ava Max is at times very reminiscent of the pop excellence Kim was serving in that era (Sleepwalker could easily be sung by Kim). Plus, he also co-produced Unholy with Ilya so I don't know what she's waiting for.

she was in the studio with Cirkut and Madison Love in November
FhqDj8-UUAA5-L1?format=jpg&name=large

i miss her older music 

all i do is cry needs a tiktok revival to steer her back in that direction 

15 hours ago, Alfred said:

stream brrr by the GRAMMY AWARD WINNING ARTIST, KIM PETRAS! 

:clap3:

On 2/5/2023 at 5:55 AM, Alfred said:

Yes, those songs served quality. But those 3 songs were produced by a person who we all know Kim got tons of backlash from working with. The label clearly took notice of the negative attention and decided to veer away from it. It's a double edged sword bc Luke = quality&backlash, No Luke = drop in quality&no backlash. Wbk he's at the core of her best music... so songs without him are obvi gonna sound mid.

The other thing is that FSN & Coconuts didn't take off (both by Luke) so I'm sure it was a mutual agreement between parties to have Kim venture out and experiment with diff producers. Wendy Goldstein (co-president of Republic) is the one who got Kim in the studio with Max. For better or worse, she's in a transitional phase rn but I think there's quality music coming.

The other other thing is that her major label debut is coinciding with current day music trends; i.e. viral TikToks, 2 min songs, etc. Those factors are also responsible for cheapening the KP experience. No more bridges, cool breakdowns, or big last choruses. They even killed off Woo-ah. If we had gotten the major label switchover in 2019 I'm sure this would be an entirely different story. :chick3:

i’ve BEEN saying the new Ava album is exactly the direction Kim should be going in. she needs the gays back on her side, a lot of her og fans have lost interest due to the decline in quality lol

this grew immensly. it's kinda my soty until next week when we will move on to caroline

Spotify (Feb 6): 112,953(+30,452)
Treat Me Like A S—t also received over 100k streams yesterday: 103,184(+28,827)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.