Kim Petras - "brrr"

Lady Claire

23 minutes ago, TrueBlood said:

You only live once sweetheart, relax.

Anyway, she’s back giving the gays what they want which is, IMO, her only chance at having a successful career. Is it her best song ever? FAR from it, it’s still on the low side of her capabilites, but it’s definitely her best song since Coconuts and easily her best chance at having some sort of hit.

It would have been better for her if she had released this right after Unholy tho. I don’t mind the production at all, I actually think that a whole record with this vibe could potentially be good. 

But I’m gonna be honest here and say that if Dr. Luke had produced this it would have been MUCH better. It feels like they tried to replicate it tho, the song borrows a lot from Clarity’s era (from the vibrato vocals to the Weeknd influence). It just lacks a bridge of some sort, 30 more seconds would have elevated this.

Seems like her label distanced her from him again after that whole Twitter drama

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Claire

• TrueBlood

• Nefertiti0

• Freaky Prince

I'm sorry but Luke might be a super producer but he's not that good with melodies without the swedes.

This has a very good melodies. You can tell it's MXM team. 

This is badly mixed, I will give you that.

It misses like half of a song. A bridge and a last chorus. Feels like it ended way too quickly.

But' it's a bop :giraffe:

Still patiently waiting for HIFTB :chick3:

This is a ******* bop omg :jonny: 

One thing is for sure this time. If this flops, we can’t blame the song. To me, it sounds like a hit. 

They need to promote this. There’s also a SNL rumour going on, hopefully it turns out to be true.

The Sophie splice pack sounds ruin it for me :noparty: everyone that uses it the same couple sounds from it

9 minutes ago, TrueBlood said:

One thing is for sure this time. If this flops, we can’t blame the song. To me, it sounds like a hit. 

They need to promote this. There’s also a SNL rumour going on, hopefully it turns out to be true.

The SNL performance is probably accompanying Sam for an Unholy performance.

It's definitely better than "IJWAR", not like that particular bar was set very high, but it feels like a blatant "Unholy" redux from the SOPHIE-lite production to the single cover featuring the same expression.

She needs to take a leaf out of Miley's book and go back to basics.

NO! THis is an actual hit. I haven’t heard Kim like this in a min.

It reminds me of Britney’s Blackout era for some reason ,obvs the Sophie references. But the pre-chorus is where it is AT

It's OK but I was kinda bored during first spin and it's only 2,5 minutes long :psyduck:

I like that this song has Kim’s personality in it. Her soft voice and her adlibs are finally there

Wish it was longer but it's ok. It just doesn't have time to really go anywhere.

In a perfect world, she would have released Icy as the LEAD single of her debut album with this tagged along as a B side, and it would have smashed and been a solo #1 which would have launched into an amazing debut Clarity

:jonny5:

1 hour ago, Rainbow said:

I like that this song has Kim’s personality in it. Her soft voice and her adlibs are finally there

It is the closest to her “old-self” she has sounded since she signed to Republic. I can imagine this being released just after Clarity. 

Meh. It’s okay. I like the sonic direction of this one but 2.5 minutes? It could be one of her best songs if she made it longer and went experimental with it at the end with big ad libs and a huge outro like on Unlock It. 

She needs to quit with these insanely short songs. Radio isn’t playing her no matter what and nobody is streaming babe so plz just serve us quality full-length bops like you used to :gaycat6:

Another mega boot for me lol 

CloSIRRRRRRR 

BRRRRR :ahh: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.