Kim Petras - "brrr"

Lady Claire

I’m at so funny that slayyyter will have probably gotten her debut album and second album out before Kim gets hers out :ahh:

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Claire

• TrueBlood

• Nefertiti0

• Freaky Prince

4 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

when is this coming though? does anybody know? 

4 hours ago, PopA911 said:

when is this coming though? does anybody know? 

Knowing her past pre-save rollouts, it's probably coming around mid/late February :skull:

Unless it goes viral on TikTok somehow, then she'll drop sooner

9 hours ago, CHERLLOYD said:

I’m at so funny that slayyyter will have probably gotten her debut album and second album out before Kim gets hers out :ahh:

Isn't Slayter independent though? Or under a small/indie label. If that counts, Kim has 2 studio albums, 1 compilation and 2 EPs though

Things just stopped working when Kim signed with a main (and probably biggest at the moment) record label... something she should've never done :emofish:

5 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

Isn't Slayter independent though? Or under a small/indie label. If that counts, Kim has 2 studio albums, 1 compilation and 2 EPs though

Things just stopped working when Kim signed with a main (and probably biggest at the moment) record label... something she should've never done :emofish:

Exactly. We all agree that Kim made the biggest mistake of her career by signing to such a big label. I can't wait for the day she's going to be dropped so that she can continue making music on her own terms.

1 minute ago, TrueBlood said:

Exactly. We all agree that Kim made the biggest mistake of her career by signing to such a big label. I can't wait for the day she's going to be dropped so that she can continue making music on her own terms.

The way we could've had both Problématique (officially) and **** Pop during the past year and now going into a brand new era for 2023 :rip:

I wouldn't be mad if Republic execs were doing something for her but she still doesn't get playlisting, budget for music videos, songs sent to radio or huge promo. Appearances on award shows are basically irrelevant. She's still treated as a independent artist but now isn't able to drop music when she wants to, like it was before. This is only hurting her career

On 1/8/2023 at 10:44 PM, BlackJesus said:

I feel like it’ll be a knock off of unholy. 

It will be a knockoff of Unholy unfortunately.

Do we think Kim could’ve done the Sam collab without Republic? Cuz that’s the only thing they’ve done for her and what they’ve done with that exposure since is pathetic.

I miss the time when Kim was and got to be an endless faucet of bops. She was constantly feeding us and was growing such a strong niche base because of it. Think if she kept doing that right after Unholy. Something would’ve caught on for sure. Not only is all this delaying so detrimental chart- and exposure-wise but they’re being so anal about the songs they’re choosing to put out, and they all suck. It’s so calculated, whereas before- Kim just put out song after song and we’d have plenty to choose from.

I feel like signing to a major label has really stifled Kim’s creativity, too, which happens often- she’s no longer writing for fun, out of joy for the craft, but she’s writing with the intent of having to prove something to her label and to cater to a specific general audience.

Edited by CottageHore

23 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

Do we think Kim could’ve done the Sam collab without Republic? Cuz that’s the only thing they’ve done for her and what they’ve done with that exposure since is pathetic.

I miss the time when Kim was and got to be an endless faucet of bops. She was constantly feeding us and was growing such a strong niche base because of it. Think if she kept doing that right after Unholy. Something would’ve caught on for sure. Not only is all this delaying so detrimental chart- and exposure-wise but they’re being so anal about the songs they’re choosing to put out, and they all suck. It’s so calculated, whereas before- Kim just put out song after song and we’d have plenty to choose from.

I feel like signing to a major label has really stifled Kim’s creativity, too, which happens often- she’s no longer writing for fun, out of joy for the craft, but she’s writing with the intent of having to prove something to her label and to cater to a specific general audience.

I agree with you, and to be honest, I don't think Sam's collab did anything to improve the state of her career, bar giving her impressive achievements. If that's the best her label can do for her, she's never going to gain anything by the fact she signed for them. 

1 hour ago, Lady Claire said:

Yeah she's got some sort of deal with Fader, she's listed as one of their artists on their website.

She signed a distribution deal with them for Troubled Paradise & got music video budgets. And they seem to have negotiated another deal post TP, as Stupid Boy was released through them. And they've been reposting her S3 teasers.

I'm really not sure how strict it is when you're signed to an independent label. But it's definitely safe to say she's not being treated anything like Kim is under her Universal label.

39 minutes ago, TrueBlood said:

I agree with you, and to be honest, I don't think Sam's collab did anything to improve the state of her career, bar giving her impressive achievements. If that's the best her label can do for her, she's never going to gain anything by the fact she signed for them. 

If anything, her last single proved that signing to that label just made her career look worse (and it was actually a pretty great career already). She can't even get music videos done. That makes no sense to me. How can you sign an artist and not even give her budget to film a simple ass music video? 

It's coming on Jan 20 already :eek:

Not a 2 month wait we ******* won!!

2 hours ago, popularmoonlight said:

If anything, her last single proved that signing to that label just made her career look worse (and it was actually a pretty great career already). She can't even get music videos done. That makes no sense to me. How can you sign an artist and not even give her budget to film a simple ass music video? 

The fact that she gave us a MV for I don’t want it at all and heart to break when she was broke and now we get nothing with a major record label :ahh:

That new snippet sounds so basic

Them allowing her to drop the song and not be stuck in presave hell for months? Have they accepted a solo hit is off the table? Or have we begun the throw everything at the wall and see what sticks era of her flopage? 

6 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

It's coming on Jan 20 already :eek:

Not a 2 month wait we ******* won!!

Nice visuals. The song feels slowed down tho 

2 hours ago, Boysdontcry said:

Yeah she's got some sort of deal with Fader, she's listed as one of their artists on their website.

She signed a distribution deal with them for Troubled Paradise & got music video budgets. And they seem to have negotiated another deal post TP, as Stupid Boy was released through them. And they've been reposting her S3 teasers.

I'm really not sure how strict it is when you're signed to an independent label. But it's definitely safe to say she's not being treated anything like Kim is under her Universal label.

A deal like that would be perfect for her instead of being trapped by Republic execs, but she seems to have a good relationship with Wendy Goldstein (Republic's co-president)... i wonder if that will help her somehow

2 minutes ago, wraith said:

Them allowing her to drop the song and not be stuck in presave hell for months? Have they accepted a solo hit is off the table? Or have we begun the throw everything at the wall and see what sticks era of her flopage? 

More like the latter :rip: and honestly it's something they should've done before already. It's not like she's a huge name to build anticipation from people outside her lil fanbase so it's better for her to release multiple songs and then see what people likes the most

the fact she was apart of one of the most effective tiktok pre release campaigns for unholy and yet she can't seem to do the same for any of her new singles... it's time to post some clips in the studio and see which song takes off atp 

After defending Luke and waiting for a perfect contract still no sign of an album…. Hmm…. Poor Kim.

spacer.png(Please don’t go after me I am a Kim fan I just wanted to us this jpeg for nostalgia purposes).And let’s be honest Kesha probably feels sorry for Kim  despite what Kim has said, since she knows what it feels like to be in this sort of position.

On 1/8/2023 at 9:45 AM, TrueBlood said:

It indeed sounds like a basic version of a Sophie production, but I'm not mad with Kim venturing into hyperpop considering she barely touched that genre so far. 

I still think Revelations would have been a great single choice at this point but I'm actually happier we're going to have a new song from her. 

This :clap3:I've been waiting for her to delve into hyperpop. Or lean into a more Charli XCX Pop 2 style since she fit so well on that. 

Revelations better see the light of day though.

Revelations was planned to be released on 1/20 instead of this garbage. Oh well! :redface:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.